Payoneer - It works fine!

Some people might be interested in knowing that payoneer cards work fine in Pakistan. Cliffs:

* 16th March: Payoneer approved my application through TLA and said they'll dispatch my cards two working days from the date.

* 30th March: Received the card and activated it online.

* 8th April: Two loads where I chose the option to deduct $2 for the load and thus have a hiatus of 3 days.

* 12th April: Since the money was loaded successfully, I tried the Payoneer Mastercard at Standard Chartered ATM and it worked. Unfortunately, the ATM had a limit of 25,000rs and there's a charge of $2 / transaction. $10 activation + $2 transaction + $3.50 monthly maintenance fees were deducted.

Payoneer works fine in Pakistan. :)

so Payoneer are prepaid master cards? Its the first tiem i heard of this... will it actually work on all online payment site?

can you please give more detail about how it all works?

yes more details plz.

It's for freelancers, webmasters or other people accepting payments from abroad. There are many partners of payoneer which use payoneer as an option to pay their clients. 2checkout, TLA, elance, getafreelancer to name a few.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
will it actually work on all online payment site?
[/quote]

They say it should but I haven't personally tested it. But that's not what I and many more people over here intend to use it for. The main use is that of receiving money from abroad in a convenient way. You don't have to deposit checks and wait 20-30 days to have them cashed. Nor do you have to rely on western union where exchange rates are generally a bit lower and the charges are a bit steep. Moreover, you have to get the cash immediately from WU and deposit it into your bank account (for example) and that causes inconvenience to some. Some companies or individuals don't prefer to send money via Bank Transfers and there again payoneer can come to rescue.

Personally, I use it because TLA's other payment method is "check", and comparatively payoneer is way better.

can you please explain the precudure to get an account? i so want have an online payment account to buy stuff

can you please explain the precudure to get an account? i so want have an online payment account to buy stuff
[/quote]

If you want a virtual debit card to make online purchases, then I recommend WireCard. To use this, you need a Foreign Currency account with any of the local banks in Pakistan using which you’ll be able to load your card via a wire transfer. Meezan bank isn’t to be classified as valid, however, as their corresponding banks charge a very high fee.

Similarly, another option is http://eternitybanking.com where you have to pay a fee of $95 to get a US bank debit card. Be aware, though, they require your personal docs such as a passport copy, NIC etc. to classify you as a “gold” member which denotes a member who can apply for a US debit card.

Payoneer cannot be loaded from Pakistan without using a credit card in the first place. I don’t think it will be a viable option for you if you don’t have a credit card and neither do you do freelancing. If you’re a freelancer, you can get the payoneer card from elance or getafreelancer and then they’ll load your payoneer card when you have enough money. If you have a merchant account with 2CO you can get it from them. If you sell text links, then you can get it from TLA. Basically, you have to get it from one of the payoneer partners. Again, it’s better to be used for the purpose of receiving money instead of online shopping.

I also have paypal credit card plus debit card and they both work fine in Pakistan (PayPal account is on my US address).Asad: They send card via normal shipping or fedex?

Thanks!

Asad: They send card via normal shipping or fedex?

Thanks!

[/quote]

They sent it via normal mail and hence it took around 12 days to reach here.

is there way to get a paypal account from pakistan? should i start a new topic for this?

is there way to get a paypal account from pakistan? should i start a new topic for this?
[/quote]

Do you have any family member in US or any other paypal supported country?Just ask them to open and verfiy acount for you.

[/quote]

If you have someone in the US (or any other fully supported country), you’ll be able to have a safe Paypal account. There are few ways to get a paypal account in Pakistan, but alas they almost definitely result in limited account after a while.

Yes, a new topic will be better for the discussion relevant to paypal.

When I tried to register on wiredcard.com, they threw me this error: "Sorry, but we cannot register users from your country." :( Do you know of any other virtual credit card providers Asad?

And thanks a lot for sharing all the valuable info with us. :)

When I tried to register on wiredcard.com, they threw me this error: “Sorry, but we cannot register users from your country.” :( Do you know of any other virtual credit card providers Asad?

And thanks a lot for sharing all the valuable info with us. :)

[/quote]

Ut-oh. They already blocked Pakistan? But my account’s still intact. I have tried many but the only ones that worked good enough and are reliable have been already mentioned, i.e. eternitybanking and wirecard. It’s a pity wirecard has blocked new registrations from Pakistan.

I am also waiting for my Payoneer card applied through TLA and 2CO.

@SECC

So when you want to withdraw payments from Paypal all your payments first go US and from there your relatives send to Pakistan?

I upload funds to my paypal credit card or debit card but i hardly withdraw funds as i have to register A LOT of domains and server fees etc.

why do these companies block pakistan?

i think ikobo is like payoneer (except that ikobo = visa / payoneer = mastercard). ive used it. works in pakistan. its great.

SECC and Asad_N can you guys please explain to us the procedure of getting PayPal account with relative's help (relative lives in supported country)?

yeah, been using Payoneer for a year now & it's a godsend if you have no other online-usable cards, but their support staff can be clueless or even hostile at times.

Just got my Payoneer card through TLA.

@Wren

There is a monthly maintenance fee of $3.00. Will this fee be deducted every month even I do not have any balance and will be treated as negative balance? So next time I receive money all balance will be deducted from it?