Pathetic practice of Wateen of reminding bILL DATE

Wateen adopted a pathetic wat to remind Billing date ! my billing date is 11th and from 7th i m facing this non professional un ethical way of reminding the Billing date when they suddenly HALT our connection and their portal page appears that your bill date is 11th , click here to resume your browsing !

WTF when m not at home and downloading was in progress and all of sudden this S*** happens and when i came back from outside and saw ! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

i think wateen should grow up and stop this non sense . I have complained them already , other users should also do the same if they are facing such thing .

* they can adopt this way of reminding AFTER crossing the bill date .

well said, but the notification only appears after 12 A.M. in the night and then again new date new Selfcare Portal Notification :angry:

[quote=“nadeem5476, post:, topic:”]

Wateen adopted a pathetic wat to remind Billing date ! my billing date is 11th and from 7th i m facing this non professional un ethical way of reminding the Billing date when they suddenly HALT our connection and their portal page appears that your bill date is 11th , click here to resume your browsing !

WTF when m not at home and downloading was in progress and all of sudden this S*** happens and when i came back from outside and saw ! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

i think wateen should grow up and stop this non sense . I have complained them already , other users should also do the same if they are facing such thing .

* they can adopt this way of reminding AFTER crossing the bill date .

[/quote]

That is pathetic. Then they have their ads regarding some PTA ranking or similar where they topped the list… Wonder if anyone at PTA actually used Wateen for extended time period?

[quote=“mysterio92, post:2, topic:16472”]

well said, but the notification only appears after 12 A.M. in the night and then again new date new Selfcare Portal Notification :angry:

[/quote]

No dear , since mornig this is 2nd time m seeing this frm wateen

IF YOU ARE LANDED ON THIS PAGE bla bla :)

then until n unless we click on the RESUME BROWSING our connection remains on HALT state . thats really pathetic. Rest the speed and CS is no doubt first class (in my case atleast) .

Could it be that people aren't paying their bills on time, and that's why they're pestering their users in lieu?

[quote=“shaheerk, post:5, topic:16472”]

Could it be that people aren’t paying their bills on time, and that’s why they’re pestering their users in lieu?

[/quote]

in past they disable the account if not refresh / paid (through scratch card) but they had no such practice like present .

They should REMIND thru email / sms . there is no right to HALT the connection in between and when we press OK RESUME BROWSING then it starts again .

No one will say a single word IF they suspend the account UNTIL THE USER WILL PAY THE ADVANCE BILL, but doing such nasty things before the Bill date is PATHETIC .