Pakistani Student refuses to take award from US Ambassador

although topic is current affairs related so i don't know if mods would allow it or not but anyways i would like to salute this student for refusing to accept the award from American ambassador as a protest against US Air Strikes inside Pakistan which resulted in both civilian and military deaths and America's continued support for illegal and unconstitutional President(Musharraf). i hope our politician and decision makers at the helm of affairs learn a thing or two from this fellow.

I applaud this guy's courage and principled approach. He did what the leadership of this country failed to do.

yo man , thats da way

good way to protest but kept in mind he is studying in howard university with the help from American scholarship

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

good way to protest but kept in mind he is studying in howard university with the help from American scholarship
[/quote]

hypocrite or a showoff?

[/quote]

true he is/was studying at harvard university but that doesn’t mean he can’t protest, stupid ambassador also raised this very point after this student refused the award,there is nothing wrong with studying in USA and getting the very best education,but that doesn’t in any way gives right to stupid american politicians to start killing us in the name of sham war on terror…(He studied in USA that doesn’t mean he sold of all his rights as a human being and should now be indebted and act as a slave to Americans)

i like this guy's attitude,

but unless our leaders stand up and protest, nothing's gonna change.

it doesn't matter what a few of us, or our media says, what matters is what our politician can and should say.

right now, we can't say anything caz hum unka namak khaa rhy hyn,

as long we keep getting aid and stuff from them, we'll always be the one's who are always dissed.

a few days back four British soldiers were killed in Afghanistan and the BBC team was like in a state of emergency, they covered the story for more than an hour or two,

and our media has no respect for such stuff, they'd inform about the death of 12 soldiers in a few seconds and then get back to GEO INDIA, GEO ENTERTAINMENT sort of s**t.

Abbas 'burning from the inside' Jin

I salute that student at least he did something what out leaders should do

Salute to that Guy!

Samad was my classmate a few years back. We've known each other since I moved to Pakistan.

The reason I'm not going to go on about him is so that people don't start hurling comments on me like "oh look at him! Bulls**tting all the way!".

And I don't talk about my friendship with him since I don't want the government to track me down. He is, however, an interesting fella though, heh.

However, there's more to the guy than what people may think.

I'm going to stop here for the above-mentioned reason.

And no, I'm not going to give you his number or contact or anything.

hmm and what made you think that we wanted his number or contact? and what exactly was the point you were trying to make with that comment?

i liked this comment on utube

pakistan still alive.

somebody need to show this video to the parents of the young children who were killed by american troops in Bajaur a year ago. those people need to know that there is someone who have the GUTS to stand up for them, in whatever way he can.

hmm and what made you think that we wanted his number or contact? and what exactly was the point you were trying to make with that comment?
[/quote]

That was for the trolls and other “fraaandship” nuts.

The point is - there’s more to the guy than what’s been publicized… pretty much that’s it.

I’m staying mum on this issue now. My safety’s more important.

@shaheerk

the point is, as asad mentioned, he did what the leadership of this country failed to do. it takes some guts to do something like that. now am not interested in what color of socks he wears or which clubs he visit in united states. :\

I have heard (not yet confirmed - treat it as such) that his scholarship for Harvard University has been revoked. If this is true, where is the freedom they so vehemently tout at every turn? Hypocrisy at its best.

^ I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be true. :|

I have heard (not yet confirmed - treat it as such) that his scholarship for Harvard University has been revoked. If this is true, where is the freedom they so vehemently tout at every turn? Hypocrisy at its best.
[/quote]

Not sure, but considering his political activities, I don’t think I’d be that surprised…