Pakistani finance ministry using stolen blog design

The Pakistani finance ministry has started a blog. Good idea. But its using a stolen design! The company charged with installing the blog has taken someone else's design and passed it off as their own:

http://abdussamad.com/archives/140-Pakistani-Finance-Ministry-uses-stolen-blog-design!.html

can i sue finance ministry or that tech company over that if i have good links with origional designer?

ahhhh yar leave good to see atleast he got a blog :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

can i sue finance ministry or that tech company over that if i have good links with origional designer?

ahhhh yar leave good to see atleast he got a blog :)

[/quote]

Your forgetting that this company charged the govt. for designing their blog. Instead of making a unique design they’ve just used someone else’s work and passed it off as their own to make money. They’ve probably made thousands of rupees by doing this.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Your forgetting that this company charged the govt. for designing their blog. Instead of making a unique design they’ve just used someone else’s work and passed it off as their own to make money. They’ve probably made thousands of rupees by doing this.

[/quote]

Nothings less than millions of rupees.

if template is released under GNU public license then i think designer can edit / modify it in any way but if owner got some rights reserved he can sue the ass of developer ...

They can modify it but can't take credit for designing it. It's still copyright to original designer.

I had a look at their portfolio, and most of their designs seem to be stolen templates from TM etc. :-/

WTF!!!

Funny thing is "so called" design company wasn't even able to change author information in CSS.

Its shame for a country which is listed in global top 20 outsourcing destinations.