Pakistan ready to welcome 3G

If we assume that all schedules will be met, and all the elements that involve license auctioning will go smoothly then it is highly likely that 3G spectrum auction is going to happen around March 2014.

Almost every cellular operator in Pakistan is 3G ready and all they require is some software and firmware update along with few modifications in the core-network to get things going.

After getting the licenses, cellular operators can get 3G networks live with-in one month in select areas of three major cities. However, it may take up to six months to make 3G network work in rest of few major cities of the country.

Nation is ready since when first 3G enabled phone manufactured

I am waiting for 3G technology desperately since a long time, but i guess it will still take some time to come in Pakistan.

can any one plz tell me 3G technology details thanks

When will be the Auction Takes Place..?

7 April 2014

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Will the 3G be actual 3G or phuda khata 3G

^ I predict 1mbps speeds costing 2k/month with 5gig limits.

Yeah exactly,it will be pretty much expensive.

Nah. The average price of 1GB monthly 3G packages in India is ~250 INR. So realistically it shouldn't be more than 500 PKR here for the same package at most...

[quote=“Upsilon, post:10, topic:20744”]

Nah. The average price of 1GB monthly 3G packages in India is ~250 INR. So realistically it shouldn't be more than 500 PKR here for the same package at most...

[/quote]

That amount we are already paying for crappy Edge (or even slower GPRS). My guess is around Rs. 800-1000 / Month with some kind of cap.

Upsilon: it will be more than 1000rs for 1GB ,they know we are crazy for 3G launch & they will make us pay for that.

It will start at high price but later in few months or a year or two it will become cheap 1 Rupee per 1 GB and packages will be more cheaper

[quote=", post:13, topic:20744"]

It will start at high price but later in few months or a year or two it will become cheap 1 Rupee per 1 GB and packages will be more cheaper

[/quote]

Yeah... that ain't gonna happen anytime soon. But i agree that it will start costly and go cheaper. Expect the rate i stated up there to become a reality sooner or later.

To shed some light on how these 3G deals are like:

* There will be caps. Small ones like 300MB / 500MB / 1GB / 2GB etc. And these GB packages will be costly.

* There won't be any REAL unlimited package.

* Speeds will be around ~200kb on average.
* 2G packages will continue to be available for users who prefer the cheaper rates.

* 3G will only be available in areas where 3G coverage is available. Meaning if you move out of a 3G zone, your connection will switch to 2G.

If you have any other questions, ask away.

Note: All this is based on my recent personal experience with 3G mobile networks in India.

One more thing they will apply to packages FUP (fair usage policy) i call it #$%# ur paisas) when you will consume all given data like upsilon said 200mb to 2gb they will lower your speed or throttle it on your so called unlimited weekly monthly data plans

I agree there will never be unlimited data plan without FUP

My question is if they acquire 3g license it means they only can provide 3g not 4g? Do they need new license for it?

^ Yes, 3g and 4g have separate licenses. You don't need to worry though, as the auction is supposed to sell both 3g and 4g licenses. In the end it will be upto the particular networks to decide which license they purchase and which they don't. Telenor is interested in the 4G license, don't know about other networks.

Take a look at these links for more info:

http://www.dawn.com/news/1088555/pakistan-to-hold-3g-4g-auctions-in-april-finance-minister

http://tribune.com.pk/story/544479/a-step-ahead-telenor-pakistan-already-gearing-up-for-the-4g-era/

[quote=", post:13, topic:20744"]

[/quote]

even if it is 100rs per GB . even then it is waayy cheap to even imagine at launch..

Will they launch both 3G and 4G in one go ?