Pak Govt. RFP for National URL Filtering & Blocking

Pakistani Government Looking For Homegrown URL Blocking System

Link to PDF of the Govt. RFP can be found in the above link.

From the PDF,

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
The National ICT R&D Fund invites proposals from academia/research institutions, companies, organizations for the development, deployment and operation of a national level URL Filtering and Blocking System.

Internet access in Pakistan is mostly unrestricted and unfiltered. The Internet traffic is coming from two IP backbone providers, i.e., PTCL and TWA. The Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and backbone providers have currently deployed manual URL filtering and blocking mechanism in order to block the specific URLs containing undesirable content as notified by PTA from time to time.

Many countries have deployed web filtering and blocking systems at the Internet backbones within their countries. However, Pakistani ISPs and backbone providers have expressed their inability to block millions of undesirable web sites using current manual blocking systems. A national URL filtering and blocking system is therefore required to be deployed at national IP backbone of the country.

ICT R&D Fund has decided to fund the indigenous development, deployment, operations and maintenance of such a system by companies, vendors, academia and/or research organizations with proven track record.

This system would be indigenously developed within Pakistan and deployed at IP backbones in major cities, i.e., Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad. Any other city/POP could be added in future. The system is proposed to be centrally managed by a small and efficient team stationed at POPs of backbone providers.

Each box should be able to handle a block list of up to 50 million URLs (concurrent unidirectional filtering capacity) with processing delay of not more than 1 milliseconds.

[/quote]

In an effort to tighten its control over the Internet, the government recently published a public tender for the “development, deployment and operation of a national-level URL filtering and blocking system.”

Read More

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/03/technology/pakistan-builds-web-wall-out-in-the-open.html

like great china wall?

deleted. threads merged.

I KNEW IT!!!! I knew these b@stards are gona fk up internet in whole country. WAKE UP FOR YOUR DAMN RIGHT U DUMB YOUTH OF PAKISTAN BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!! Government is in the hand of corrupt haram khoors, they are gona fk up everything like everything else!!

[quote=“redtooth-heretic, post:5, topic:16560”]

I KNEW IT!!! I knew these b@stards are gona fk up internet in whole country. WAKE UP FOR YOUR DAMN RIGHT U DUMB YOUTH OF PAKISTAN BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!! Government is in the hand of corrupt haram khoors, they are gona fk up everything like everything else!!

[/quote]

Some taste into flavour, god father America has already planned to f**k internet in the whole world, and you are talking about just one country!

Reporters without Border Enemies of the Internet report. Get it before it's blocked:

http://en.rsf.org/IMG/pdf/rapport-internet2012_ang.pdf

Great Wall of Pakistan :P

I already like the name. At one end Himalayas will protect us and at the other end the Great Wall of Pakistan will protect us from foreign "unwanted stuff". Either we'll cut off ourselves from the world or the world will cut off us. Either way, we are a gutter that need to be left alone. :)