P2P file sharing [non-torrent] - Problems,solutions and discussion

(To continue the discussion from Wateen threat)

How is emule crap?

because its dated and shutdown.

Dated and shutdown as in?

lol i confused it with edonkey..my bad... will give it a try first..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Dated and shutdown as in?
[/quote]

as in no one uses it anymore and the content is just not there nor is the speed

like when i tried downloadin transformers off of emule my speed did not go above 3 KBps( i had wateen 512 k at the time)

but on torrents my speed was full 64 KBps that to off of a public tracker

well i downloaded emule as well... and yes.. i can't find any users for particular files.. cant find many files.. even limewire has more files... and when i started downloading the seeder blocked my attempt.. and it was downloading at 2 kb anyway..

well i downloaded emule as well… and yes… i can’t find any users for particular files… cant find many files… even limewire has more files… and when i started downloading the seeder blocked my attempt… and it was downloading at 2 kb anyway…
[/quote]

yeah thats the problem u have to wait for a slot

Yes you have to wait for slot. Try chosing a file with more sources. You can upload 10kb and you get unlimited download speed. And there are a lot of files,yes you can not search most users for file.. But emule has a huge file sharing network..You can get some very rare movies and ebooks are readily available depending on sources..

For music is it really good..

Aek purani Pakistani remake hey Dracula ki,zinda lash..You should download that,fit hey...

what about ares anybody tried it?

what about ares anybody tried it?
[/quote]

oh man that is even more crap its for kids who dont know a cent about computers

and want to pirate stuff

oh man that is even more crap its for kids who dont know a cent about computers

and want to pirate stuff

[/quote]

it was good wen it came out

it was good wen it came out
[/quote]

i used it when it came out even at that time i though it was crap

i used it when it came out even at that time i though it was crap

[/quote]

well i do coz at dat time i have a dailup and i can easily access mp3,s and download dem and its user interferance is so easy to use also

well i do coz at dat time i have a dailup and i can easily access mp3,s and download dem and its user interferance is so easy to use also
[/quote]

man i m on dial up now and i stil use torrents(sometimes) and it works for me

in fact all of my music also comes from torrents

I am content with emule..Can you put an uload limit on torrents? Does it effect download?How much?

What about Bitthief..? Does it work?

I am content with emule…Can you put an uload limit on torrents? Does it effect download?How much?

What about Bitthief…? Does it work?

[/quote]

yes u can put an upload limit it doesnt affect speed at all

bitthief is crap and a resource hog it doesnt even give good sped on well seeded torrents

and is also privacy evasive coz it sends the data of what torrent u download to some server in swedon

so then which is the good torrent client. coz i am fed up with p2p file sharing programs klite, ares, bearshare, morpheus and (used to be my favorite) limewire all went down to drain.

while using utorrent the download part of torrent automatically start to get upload same time and that effects upto 20/30 percent of the downloading speed.

so then which is the good torrent client. coz i am fed up with p2p file sharing programs klite, ares, bearshare, morpheus and (used to be my favorite) limewire all went down to drain.

while using utorrent the download part of torrent automatically start to get upload same time and that effects upto 20/30 percent of the downloading speed.

[/quote]

so u can limit uploadin in utorrent and also if u are usin dial up ur ratio doesnt count so no worries abt maintainin it

also if u are usin dial up ur ratio doesnt count so no worries abt maintainin it
[/quote]

ok that i didn’t know. thanx for info. what if you are on dsl and your selected settings are of dialup.? possibly lower speed.??