Overclocking

I am new to this stuff, I just know the basic what overclocking is, it's that you buy a cheap hardware and overclock it to work as a expensive hardware

but I want to know some details about what are the requirements to overclock?, how to overclock?, What are the dis-advantages and risk involved?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am new to this stuff, I just know the basic what overclocking is, it’s that you buy a cheap hardware and overclock it to work as a expensive hardware

but I want to know some details about what are the requirements to overclock?, how to overclock?, What are the dis-advantages and risk involved?

[/quote]

That is a wrong idea. Overclocking is basically running something above its rated specification(s).

The requirements to overclock are:

- Knowledge of how to do overclocking

- Having hardware capable of overclocking

Risks involved are frying your hardware permanently and losing your investment in your computer.

is it safe to overclock the processors ?

What is overclocking?

Overclocking is the process of increasing the clock frequency of your Central Processing Unit (CPU), Graphical Processing Unit (GPU), Memory, PCI, and/or AGP devices. In other words, making your computer run faster without having to spend the money on upgrades.

What are the risk of overclocking?

* In most situations, Overclocking will void the warranty of your equipment.

* The lifespan of the CPU and other devices will be shortened.

* You could potentially destroy your CPU, memory, motherboard, and other expensive items.

* Room temperature is likely to increase.

* Your system could become unstable

* You might become an OC Addict

source : http://www.pinoytechguy.com/tips-and-tricks/guide-to-overclocking

What do I need to know before I start overclocking?

A lot actually, but I won’t burden you with semantics and simply present the facts.

* What is the risk of overclocking?

o In most situations, Overclocking will void the warranty of your equipment.

o The lifespan of the CPU and other devices will be shortened.

o You could potentially destroy your CPU, memory, motherboard, and other expensive items.

o Your warranty could also be in jeopardy

o Room temperature is likely to increase.

o Your system could become unstable

o You might become an OC Addict

* What tools do I need? (will be edited to add more items)

o Informational/diagnostic software [like CPU-Z]

o Monitoring software

o Overclocking software [like ClockGen].

o Stability check

o Performance benchmark [like 3D Mark]

o Added Cooling for your PC

o An overclocking guide like this one

* Potential Problems

o A Blue Screen Of Death during boot indicates a RAM issue.

o Rebooting while in Windows or when just about in Windows may be the result of too low a Vcore or overheating due to excessive Vcore.

o A system that beeps or hangs when first rebooting likely has multiplier or FSB configuration that exceeds what the system can handle.

o Syntax error that comes on screen when booting indicating a file that can’t be found or is corrupt is likely due to too low a Vcore”