Can i Overclocked my Processor ? how ?:o

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Intel Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz HT (LGA 775) .

Intel D101 GGCL Motherboard .

512 MB Ram Kingston 400 Buss .

Can i Overclocked my Processor ? how ?:o

[/quote]

no u cant coz intel doesnt allow over clockin on their mobos

yup dude, you're stuck ... never go for intel mobos if you want to overclock.

i myself didn't know that when i got my current Intel mobo based PC. :P

enjoy the "stock" way of life :)

It is possible from within Windows. Try Clockgen.

http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php

why you wanna overclock anyway, with a climate like Pakistan its gonna heat up very fast.

why you wanna overclock anyway, with a climate like Pakistan its gonna heat up very fast.
[/quote]

just wanna Check :D . i never overclocked anything before :D

yes you can overclock it a bit. 1st u need to go in bios and set the loose ram timings.

(means select the largest timing nos), then you'll need to chek the ICS chip no on your motherboard (it's a small chip having a no like 95----) then use clockgen or systool software to overclock your pc. But i bet you won't be able to overclock much, 200-300MHz at max.

hey

can anyone explain me the benifits/drawbacks of over clocking

i hav

a c2d

an asus board

1GB ram

how can i overclock and what benefit will i get

intel is not for over clocking dude........

intel is not for over clocking dude…
[/quote]

He has Intel Processor and Asus mobo so yeah he can easily overclock.

LoL~He has Intel Processor and Asus mobo so yeah he can easily overclock.

[/quote]

hey secc buddy

answer my above questions

hey

can anyone explain me the benifits/drawbacks of over clocking

i hav

a c2d

an asus board

1GB ram

how can i overclock and what benefit will i get

[/quote]

I would not personally recommend overclocking to be honest.You’ll notice performance boost but your pc temperature will go up.

I would not personally recommend overclocking to be honest.You’ll notice performance boost but your pc temperature will go up.

[/quote]

i agree with SECC especially with the hot weather in pakistan ur pc will most defiantly heat up

if u really wana do it make sure ur pc has proper ventalation i.e u have a fan in the front of ur pc blowin air into it and one out of the back takin the hot air out

ok if the option is available for you then go to your cmos (by pressing DEL while bootup) and crank your CPU voltage to highest and then increase RAM voltage too.... then also increase the GPU voltage by increasing AGP/PCIX voltage. in older mobos we could twaek multipliers but new mobos already run at there higest so no need for that....... but before that open your system clean your cpu heat sink buff the lower part(if you could) and apply new gel to it before re-installin..... and then do the same for your graphix card... then do add aditional fans as ruhaan suggested.....

ok if the option is available for you then go to your cmos (by pressing DEL while bootup) and crank your CPU voltage to highest and then increase RAM voltage too… then also increase the GPU voltage by increasing AGP/PCIX voltage. in older mobos we could twaek multipliers but new mobos already run at there higest so no need for that… but before that open your system clean your cpu heat sink buff the lower part(if you could) and apply new gel to it before re-installin… and then do the same for your graphix card… then do add aditional fans as ruhaan suggested…
[/quote]

i wudnt recommend crankin the settings to the highest experiment first

increase the voltage by a small amount and see if ur system is stable if it is then increase it a lil more but if u start havin reboots or BSODs then crank the settings down

overclocking is not recommended especially on an asus mobo,,asus mobo has option called cpr in which u can go in bios and set the ratings higher slowly,,

your warranty usually goes void if u overclock, a p4 3.0 ghz already is a very hot processor so it will give u more heat,,,actually u can get the p4 3.0 to 3.6,,,but again do this at your own risk,,,its better to just save up the money and upgrade instead of doing something that will make system unstable..

again i do not recomend, read other instructions for overclocking thoroughly and then do it at your own risk it,,

your warranty usually goes void if u overclock
[/quote]

yeah but ppl in !@#$ firms dont know much abt overclocking, so no need to wory abt the warranty =D

the things i said abt heatsinks is a gud trick i hav don it my self and the temprature really drops drastically by those steps… then if you really want to overclock u can always get a gud liquid cooled cpu and gpu unit…

yeah but ppl in !@#$ firms dont know much abt overclocking, so no need to wory abt the warranty =D
[/quote]

well in most cases the hardware gets burned and no one entertains warranty then

well in most cases the hardware gets burned and no one entertains warranty then
[/quote]

well obviously if hardware has burn mark all over it the waranty wil get void but if there is no visible damage i think the fools wil claim ur waranty… i think sum 1 should try it =D

What a Replies :o:D . well i dont hav any kind of Cooling System . Can i Overclocked Just a little bit ? on my Default Heatsink ? for example : 3.0 Ghz to 3.1 or 3.2 Ghz ???

Kuch hoga to nahi ? :o