Outsource employees at banks

I filled out the account application form at SCB on 21st May, 2008. I was not aware that I was being dealt with an outsource employee of their bank. The outsource employees are not liable to provide satisfaction to Standard Chartered Bank branches. They’re free to delay, argue or deal potential clients in an irresponsible way.

My account hasn’t been opened uptill now due to that outsource guy which I cannot name. He kept delaying sending my application back to the HQ for execution (laziness?), giving false satisfaction to me that the account will be opened next day. He even lied to me few times that the bank account is now active and I can collect my cheque book from the bank. On visiting the bank...

http://haris.thelittleden.com/2008/05/30/outsource-employees-at-banks/

Just ask for their visiting cards, it should clearly mention if they are outsourced and who their contractor service is.

Did you try escalating the issue to a higher level?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Did you try escalating the issue to a higher level?
[/quote]

From the blog post:

I emailed my complaint to head of the complain management unit, human resource and local executive (I think he’s the district manager)
[/quote]

I think they’re high enough to look into the matter.

Not an alternative path.

I am talking about asking the tech/outsource person whom you are talking to during the call, to escalate the issue to the person managing him/her. Then talk to that managing person.

Not an alternative path.

I am talking about asking the tech/outsource person whom you are talking to during the call, to escalate the issue to the person managing him/her. Then talk to that managing person.

[/quote]

No, that was not done. The person who is managing him should keep an eye on him. I bet they’re all careless.

There is a procedure for dealing with such issues when dealing with outsourced support. That's how I have seen people dealing with such stuff abroad.

About keeping an eye on staff, such calls are usually recorded. Taking action is the responsibility of the management.

Followup:

http://haris.thelittleden.com/2008/05/31/followup-outsource-employees-at-banks/