Out of Service ATMs: How to Complain

Have you ever been in situation where you're at the ATM trying to get some cash out but get the error message "Host Link Down"?

It's really frustrating because when that happens, it usually means that your branch/bank's link is down and you can't get cash from ANY ATM until your bank comes back online. This happens to me a lot and I've found that when it does happen, the ATM connected to my bank's branch is also displaying an "out of service" message.

I'd like to know where/how I can lodge a complaint with the State Bank about this. It just drives me crazy that because of these issues, I'm unable to get money out of my own account almost 90% of the time or use the ATM card as a debit card when it happens. I browsed the State Bank's site a while ago only to find that the complaint form on their site was also...you've guessed it...DOWN!

Has anyone had any luck trying to bring this to the attention of those concerned?

Change your bank.

call their helpline and complaint.......

There is usually a phone beside the ATM on which you can complain regarding a faulty ATM but it is never working or has been mutilated by customers. :D

I know.. that can be frustrating. Change banks, I haven't received a link down error on Standard Chartered so far. And while we're discussing ATMs...I hate the fact that there are no drive-thru ATMs in Pakistan, any time you want cash you have to go to the nearest branch, park your car, get out and then withdraw money, it would be so much easier if they just made drive thru ones at local petrol stations..etc.

It happens to UBL ATM all the time. :(

Drive thru ATMs at Gas Stations needs secure environments

219s48i.jpg

on saturday about 2:30 p.m i tried to withdraw cash from the atm of my ubl branch. It did not work. Machine told your card has been stopped. Bank was closed. The guard told me to come on monday to get the card.

It was the second time i tried to withdraw cash from atm.

I think there was no money in the atm. Maybe bank was closed.

Do atms not work on holidays?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

on saturday about 2:30 p.m i tried to withdraw cash from the atm of my ubl branch. It did not work. Machine told your card has been stopped. Bank was closed. The guard told me to come on monday to get the card.

It was the second time i tried to withdraw cash from atm.

I think there was no money in the atm. Maybe bank was closed.

Do atms not work on holidays?

[/quote]

ATM built for 7x24 Work but this is Pakistan not sure

Pakistanis are fighting with atms machines in 21st century :D rest of world now running ATMs in Vans to give more ease to their customers, we truly going backward-- our students what are they doing ?

UBL ATMs are the worst in my experience, they are mostly down.

^ Agreed. In developed countries like the UK you can withdraw extra cash notes at the customer till at any store, when you are paying for ur shopping with a card.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

ATM built for 7x24 Work but this is Pakistan not sure

Pakistanis are fighting with atms machines in 21st century :D rest of world now running ATMs in Vans to give more ease to their customers, we truly going backward-- our students what are they doing ?

[/quote]

lol… What can our students do? Somehow magically fix the law and order situation :-/ ?

--

Guys....

Most if not all banks use to have multi vendor ATMs like NCR, Wincor, Diebold etc. For instance, at some branch UBL acquired an ATM of NCR but on the other branch the vendor may be different meaning different hardware, different support team and different co-ordination. I dont work for UBL :) but believe me whenever an ATM goes out of order the bank instantly reports it to the respective vendor. Solving the problem effieciently is up to that vendor, you may however blame the bank for having such an inefficient vendor which may end up losing their customers.