Oscilloscopes in Pakistan

I'm looking to buy an oscilloscope for myself. I like to make amplifiers and such and have been doing so for the past 5-4 years and am now starting to dabble in inverters. I asked a friend to see if any good ones were available in Karachi and he found a Uni-T 100Mhz 2 channel for 60K.

Note that my requirements are at least 50MHz bandwidth, 2 channel and it ought to be digital. Any place where I can enquire about such oscilloscopes in Pakistan?

-Saad

You can contact

http://www.makkays.com/

in test and measurement section

If you wanna buy new DSO, it will cost you lot. Used scopes are sometimes available but not always.

Check this

http://lahore.olx.com.pk/500-mhz-used-oscilloscope-iid-121437953

May be you can find something like that in Saddar Electronics market, Sohrab Katrak Road.

I would suggest you to stay away from Chinese / Taiwanese brands like Uni-T or others. I prefer HP, Tektronics or Philips brands.

Sorry double post, my poor LDN connection

[quote=", post:3, topic:15195"]

If you wanna buy new DSO, it will cost you lot. Used scopes are sometimes available but not always.

Check this

http://lahore.olx.com.pk/500-mhz-used-oscilloscope-iid-121437953

May be you can find something like that in Saddar Electronics market, Sohrab Katrak Road.

I would suggest you to stay away from Chinese / Taiwanese brands like Uni-T or others. I prefer HP, Tektronics or Philips brands.

[/quote]

Cost, to an extend, isn’t the limiting factor. But I’m also not ready to plow down $1500 for a scope. I’m trying to find a good Tektronix / HP / Phillips but so far no luck. Rigol, on the other hand, has had good reviews. Electronics Stack Exchange generally recommends them. I found one for just $400 on Amazon US - 2 channel, 50MHz.

[quote=“PsychedelicBreakfast, post:5, topic:15195”]

Cost, to an extend, isn’t the limiting factor. But I’m also not ready to plow down $1500 for a scope. I’m trying to find a good Tektronix / HP / Phillips but so far no luck. Rigol, on the other hand, has had good reviews. Electronics Stack Exchange generally recommends them. I found one for just $400 on Amazon US - 2 channel, 50MHz.

[/quote]

If you are willing to buy from abroad, there are almost all brand scopes for sale on ebay. I bought some scopes and DMMs from ebay but importing them is a headache. It was difficult to deal with customs people here.

I personally have HP DSO’s and Tektronics Analog, both are superb.

If you can find them any where in Canada, I will bring it for free for you :) Just ship it to my address.

Just because atleast some one is trying to work in PK

P.S I am coming this week

[quote=“punk, post:7, topic:15195”]

If you can find them any where in Canada, I will bring it for free for you :) Just ship it to my address.

Just because atleast some one is trying to work in PK

P.S I am coming this week

[/quote]

Very kind of you. However, I’ll try my best to find them here or order it from Amazon and get it shipped to a friend. I really wouldn’t want cause any inconvenience - Oscilloscopes can end up being quite big - and would take up quite some space in your luggage.

However, thank you again, for such a kind offer.

[quote=", post:6, topic:15195"]

If you are willing to buy from abroad, there are almost all brand scopes for sale on ebay. I bought some scopes and DMMs from ebay but importing them is a headache. It was difficult to deal with customs people here.

I personally have HP DSO’s and Tektronics Analog, both are superb.

[/quote]

Did you buy the HP DSO from abroad as well? If so, was it from eBay? Biggest problem with eBay is paypal - which, as I’m sure you know, doesn’t work in Pakistan (to my knowledge).

Using a Rigol oscilloscope (the 2 channel 100MHz model) for some time now. It works well.

If you want to save on cost, there is a mod which converts the 50MHz variant to 100Mhz just by modifying some ID strings in the oscilloscope software:

http://www.eevblog.com/2010/03/31/eevblog-70-turn-your-rigol-ds1052e-oscilloscope-into-a-100mhz-ds1102e/

[quote=“Asad, post:10, topic:15195”]

Using a Rigol oscilloscope (the 2 channel 100MHz model) for some time now. It works well.

If you want to save on cost, there is a mod which converts the 50MHz variant to 100Mhz just by modifying some ID strings in the oscilloscope software:

http://www.eevblog.com/2010/03/31/eevblog-70-turn-your-rigol-ds1052e-oscilloscope-into-a-100mhz-ds1102e/

[/quote]

Yes, that is a great blog. Did you buy your Rigol from Pakistan? If so, where from?

I’m REALLY impressed by the Rigol - great price and Dave Johns is very very impressed by its construction. The screen looks very high quality.

[quote=“PsychedelicBreakfast, post:9, topic:15195”]

Did you buy the HP DSO from abroad as well? If so, was it from eBay? Biggest problem with eBay is paypal - which, as I’m sure you know, doesn’t work in Pakistan (to my knowledge).

[/quote]

Yes I have bought Oscilloscopes and Digital Multi Meters from Ebay. Almost all Ebay sellers have now switched to PayPal, but some still accept international credit cards.

I think PayPal will remain a dream for us :(

We purchased 40MH Oscilloscope Goodwill brand Taiwan model # GDS1042 digital for our LAB in factory. The price was Rs.47,700/ in last year.

finally i bought UTD2102CEL UNI-T 100Mhz Digital Storage Oscilloscope, 1GS/s , 2 channels @ Rs 50K from Karachi

[quote=“hameeds01, post:14, topic:15195”]

finally i bought UTD2102CEL UNI-T 100Mhz Digital Storage Oscilloscope, 1GS/s , 2 channels @ Rs 50K from Karachi

[/quote]

Congratulations - Can you post few pictures ?

Oh I just noticed it was "PsychedelicBreakfast" who was looking to buy an oscilloscope but at the end, you bought a scope :P

Hey

i don't know how to upload the Pictures where should i upload??

check this out my new Digital Storage Oscilloscope UNI-T UTD2101CEL 100MHz

PsychedelicBreakfast, which oscilloscope did you go after?

[quote=“hameeds01, post:18, topic:15195”]

check this out my new Digital Storage Oscilloscope UNI-T UTD2101CEL 100MHz

[/quote]

Nice.