Orient or Hier Split Ac?

Hello;

i am looking to buy new 1 ton split ac and visited nearer market where i was recomended by 5 shopkeepers out of 6 visited shops for Orient split AC which costs 33k to 35k including installation charges.

so it would be nice if experts/owners share their views about above mentioned brands or any other brands..

looking forward..

your room size and outside of its condition matters when buying the AC.... go ahead they all work the same... but I'll personally recommend you buying portable AC they are good in cooling easy to install and consume half of the power than the split and window unites

explore the LG official website

[quote=“armada, post:2, topic:21145”]

your room size and outside of its condition matters when buying the AC.... go ahead they all work the same... but I'll personally recommend you buying portable AC they are good in cooling easy to install and consume half of the power than the split and window unites explore the LG official website

[/quote]

thanks for reply;

my room size is 10 by 15 and it is on 2nd floor where there is no shelter above roof...

what about portable ACs regarding price and performance...??

I wanna know about the function of the Orient Econotech that how it works and is it good to buy?

If no room above hour room means more sun shine on your roof and you need 1.5t. Recently i bought sharp 1.5t with installation of rs. 59,000

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Yes you need 1.5 ton AC, purchase Gree or Dawlance their cooling is way better than Orient or Haier.

[quote=“Whoru, post:6, topic:21145”]

Yes you need 1.5 ton AC, purchase Gree or Dawlance their cooling is way better than Orient or Haier.

[/quote]

thanks for your suggestion, i also heard about Gree and it has got good review from those people who have purchased it and those are very happy with it.

But shopkeepers here at Karachi don't recommend it perhaps may be they earn lesser than other brands that's why they always ask buyers to go for hier or orient...

Gree performs well and you can do fine with a 1 ton unit if you are on strict budget as i installed one in a 15 x 12 room on 2nd floor and it works great. Install some insulation on your roof (white marble or something similar) and you will really feel the difference.

• any room larger than 10x12 would not be cooled properly by a 1 ton split..

• you will have tremendous load on your ac compressor working nonstop without tripping for 1 ton.. you will also get same bill or maybe more from a 1.5 ton.

• any room on a floor without another floor on top will suffer too much heat and will not cool properly on heat days like today with 45+C temp no matter you have 1 ton or 1.5 ton.. so dont expect miracles from your ac on those days..

• for ultimate in cooling, you either get a Mitsubishi Heavy duty, LG Art cool, or the Samsung AC.. which all cost 1/3 more than normal companies. this is for those cutey boys who want to be super cool even in 45C days. otherwise all other brands work most of the days..

• since OP is in a double doodle, you would be best served by spending a 1 time expense of a 1.5 ton of these 3 brands or a proper 2 ton AC.. you top room will always be super hot.;.. buy an expensive AC now, pass this summer, and in winters, get your roof insulated with thermopor,, Tarcool, Marble, Granite, or even cheaper with a Chips flooring.. next year you will enjoy advantages of both techniques and have a cool summer with ac tripping properly and saving you on electricity.

@farhan_ds: Which one would you recommend (cooling, durability and power consumption) among Mitsubishi Heavy duty, Mr.Slim, LG Art cool, Samsung, Panasonic, Acson, Sharp and Gree? I heard Mitsubishi units are not as good as they used to be.

if you can afford, then Acson..they are expensive but durable..Sharp is good too and bit more affordable than acson...samsung is super cool but dont know about its long term durability, havent seen an opened samsung yet,

Art cool are extremely overpriced,, they look great, fitting is awesome, cool fast and well, but still very over priced.

i would advise to buy an inverter AC now and put solar panels next year to run AC All day for free next summers..if you buy standard AC now, you canot run them on solar that easily. for inverter AC, again Acson and sharp are top brands..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:11, topic:21145”]

if you can afford, then Acson..they are expensive but durable..Sharp is good too and bit more affordable than acson...samsung is super cool but dont know about its long term durability, havent seen an opened samsung yet,

Art cool are extremely overpriced,, they look great, fitting is awesome, cool fast and well, but still very over priced.

i would advise to buy an inverter AC now and put solar panels next year to run AC All day for free next summers..if you buy standard AC now, you canot run them on solar that easily. for inverter AC, again Acson and sharp are top brands..

[/quote]

thanks for valuable suggestion.

Would u please mention the price for solar unit that can be used with inverter ac and its availability here at karachi?

Also its durability?

I have heard that these solar panels also use Batteries to store charge, so it means i would have to change the batteries every summer bcoz batteries wont run after one season..???

with a quality charge controller from a reputed company, your batteries should last more than 2 years.. AGS batteries last longest in acid batteries in PK

for solar, you need panels powered atleast near 2000W, a charge controller nearing 40Amps, and 4 batteries, preferably the 165AH AGS batteries.. you can run your acson ac all day free on solar power nonstop, and run in evening for around 2-3 hours on batteries..

you also need an inverter rated 3000VA or atleats 2400W.. the cheapest solution is the APC 3000XL model which will run your ac and costs around 30k.

or you could buy a hybrid inverter rated 3000W power minimum and you wont need the inverter and charge controller seperately as it has all built in.. but they are very expensive..and you canot upgrade individual components.