Oreo Biscuit official website says its not Halal

i was surprised to know that the Official website of Oreo Biscuit 'oreo.eu' itself categorize the biscuit as Haram. This flavor is also being used in McDonalds McFlurry.

This has been mentioned in their FAQ below:

FAQ: Is Oreo halal?

Guys be careful.

Yes its not halal in their country. I am sure its halal in saudi arabia.

^ For that they need to setup a production unit in Saudi Arabia.

^ no they dont!!

The oreos in middleeast are halal but the ones in europe and america are haram, and that fact is alarming cuz we here get the american and euro oreos...

http://eathalalfood.blogspot.com/2009/02/oreo-cookies-halal.html

@Everyone

Do not buy any product from america nor europe, just buy those from middle east.

well i appreciate that Oreo website itself says its haram, at least they are not deceiving anyone....

Also no one is forcing you to buy Oreo, if you still like the taste then Rite biscuit is perfectly a halal substitute of Oreo.

:)

even there have been doubts over Rite's halal categorization in the past due to the usage of suspicious EXXX Codes. You miss the point probably, i have seen and probably tried Oreo McFlurry at McDonalds and i have been informed some shakes wala provides Oreo Shakes. These have to be confirmed if they are using Middleeast one or western one.

So any ideas as to how to find out which Oreos are being sold here?

It's a shame that we have to worry about unintentional consumption of haram products even in an Islamic country.

Rites aren't as good as Oreos. Could someone tell me a way to find out which one are halal and which ones aren't by looking at packet of Oreos? Location of production or something?

Just check the make, and the language on its backside

Strange :/ By above conversation it seems that Oreo cookies are very popular but I have never eaten any.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Strange :confused: By above conversation it seems that Oreo cookies are very popular but I have never eaten any.
[/quote]

Oreo is one of the most popular biscuit abroad, and it is just like Rite biscuit(Pak made) in taste, its a soft sandwich biscuit (cream in chocolate biscuits), & it comes in blue packing…

Got something for you all: did a quick Google search on "oreo halal" and - got these few pages (one linking to another):

http://eathalalfood.blogspot.com/2009/02/oreo-cookies-halal.html

and

http://eathalalfood.blogspot.com/2009/04/oreo-cookies-halal-email-update.html

You might want to check the comments on the second link - the comments on the first link counter with the main topic.

What about the oreo biscuit available in Pakistan? Halal or Haraam?

^Are they made in Pakiland, and read the posts above

@Shahreek

Are you for or against Oreos ?

also the updated links provided states that the Arab ones are halal !

umm...Rite biscuits are locally produced and clearly have the 'Halal' label on them...

Well the Oreo website doesn't actually say that they are "haram". According to what I understand they do not use pork derivatives and alcohol but it has not been certified by any Muslim body/organization!!?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i was surprised to know that the Official website of Oreo Biscuit ‘oreo.eu’ itself categorize the biscuit as Haram. This flavor is also being used in McDonalds McFlurry.

This has been mentioned in their FAQ below:

FAQ: Is Oreo halal?

Guys be careful.

[/quote][quote=", post:, topic:"]
Well the Oreo website doesn’t actually say that they are “haram”. According to what I understand they do not use pork derivatives and alcohol but it has not been certified by any Muslim body/organization!!?
[/quote]

oreor.png

Yeah, it never explicitly said ‘Haram’.

Also, I am neither saying it is Halal, as I have no knowledge regarding this matter.

"@Shahreek: Are you for or against Oreos ?"

Neither. Just presenting another view. Tis all.

---

If it doesn't say it's unsuitable for Muslim diet, then... the answer is straightforward.

Topic closed, I guess.

Oreos are awesome and they are halal. Case closed.

much ado about nothing.