Ordering Smartphones from china

Im thinking of ordering this... its looks pretty sweet. I have read countless reviews from notable sites and they look good for value.

http://www.spemall.com/JIAYU-S3-4G-SMARTPHONE-MTK6752-64-bit-Octa-Core-5-5-Inch-FHD-13MP-Camera-3000mAh-NFC-RAM-3GB-RAM_g.html

OR

http://www.coolicool.com/jiayu-s3-2gb-rom-mtk6752-64-bit-octa-core-55-inch-ips-fhd-screen-android-44-4g-lte-smartphone-g-36464

OR

http://www.1949deal.com/jiayu-s3-mtk6595-octa-core-2-0-ghz-android-4-4-smartphone-3gb-ram-32gb-rom-5-5-inch-fhd-ips-screen-4g-lte-silver.html

The site says free shipping BUT , i dont know how our customs will behave once the package reaches pakistan. I mean , will i have to go to the airport customs department to get it? will there be any complications? any steps i should take in advance?

If ANYONE knows a thing or two about the laws of our customs regarding the import of a SINGLE smartphone from china , please pretty please tell me.

P.S i HAVENT ordered anything EVER from abroad. Your kind assistance is most appreciated in this regard.

Any device that contains IMEI# such as Smart Phone/Tablet will require you to take NOC from PTA.

[quote=“makhan, post:2, topic:21903”]

Any device that contains IMEI# such as Smart Phone/Tablet will require you to take NOC from PTA.

Read this.

[/quote]
what if it’s a tablet wifi only?

[quote=“armada, post:3, topic:21903”]

what if it's a tablet wifi only?

[/quote]

I am not sure about that but generally if a device contain IMEI# that must be require NOC. IMO, Do not try to bypass PTA so You might get into trouble.

I must say " Is chakker mein na hi pero to acha hai" :D

proper jaiyo phones with pta approval can be bought locally, or preordereed if a specific model is unavailable

the 2 people i know that would do so, is allmytech.com and het.com.pk... they charge more cz they are a bussines, not doing welfare service, but you get phone officially and the payment is cash on delivery on het.com.pk

lenovo phones are a superior class on their own. a very solid brand for decade and largest pc maker in world. the phone is super long battery life and the features are awesome.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:5, topic:21903”]

lenovo phones are a superior class on their own. a very solid brand for decade and largest pc maker in world. the phone is super long battery life and the features are awesome.

[/quote]

IKR , but Lenovo Vibe shot is gonna cost a good 40-50 k plus and their low-end models are still making the leap to 64bit tech.

Im gonna put off the purchase until mid Q3 2015 or early q4 BUT , i'd REALLY like if someone could gimme an answer on how to deal with the gaddarned PTA and customs over getting my phone safely in my hands.

So , any ideas guys?

P.S i read what makhan referred and i honestly dint understand what the poor guy went through... BUT , if someone could simplify the whole process into a step by step guide in layman's terms , that'd be great.

Also , i think i'll avoid allmytech and het , since their profit margin is quite a bit for my budget.

so if anyone could help me please?

buy a used phone in good condition.. save profit margin..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:7, topic:21903”]

buy a used phone in good condition.. save profit margin..

[/quote]

Thanks for kind advice and by all means , i know you mean well , Farhan Bhai.

BUT , i'd rather stay away from used phones (im a poor judge of technicality) and i've been dying to try a chinese phone now.

If only those pesky customs could be dealt with.. :ph34r:

Im sure there MUST be someone on this forum who has imported from our beloved neighbours ?

I believe if you use DHL shipping method, it will at least guarantee that you will get your mobile, provided you just submit the NOC from PTA (if asked) and any custom charges. It will be easier too, as DHL will ask you themselves on or before delivery for paying any duty incurred. DHL is expensive indeed, but the risks and hassles in using normal post for a mobile are just too much of a tension.

i see... thanks :)

IF i use DHL , i have to pay :

DHL's charges.

PAKISTANI CUSTOMS fees.

Also , i have to submit NOC to CUSTOMS ?

NOC is compuslory for your own safety.. if someday PTA decides to ban all IMEI unaproved from PTA your phone would be just a cheap ipod.

HET and AMT charge more cz apprently their phones are PTA approved.

Lenovo is a super brand among chinese phones with very high quality and now that lenovo is in PK, you can get repairs and warranty claims too... i personally believe lenovo to be 20 steps higher in durability and quality than jaiyo. and an affordable price tag.