Ordered EZCAST a ChromeCast spin-off from AliExpress, GPO Customs jumps in

Alright guys, I ordered EZCAST from AliExpress http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Ezcast-M2-OTA-Miracast-Dongle-TV-stick-HDMI-1080P-Miracast-DLNA-Airplay-Display-Receiver-Dongle/32419624976.html which reached GPO Multan and they sent me this letter that I'm attaching here. I need QUICK support here because in the morning I'm going to see the GPO Customs guy. What can I do in this situation? Help out a geek in need y'all.

If the letter is not readable in short it says

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

This device is a "Wifi Receiver" and it is only importable by the license holders.

[/quote]

How true is that statement? How can I get to have this thing from these corrupt well mmm humans.

Selection_002.png

Take the following plea: This device uses ISM 2.4GHz band which does not require any license to operate/use.

Most likely, they are heckling you to get bribes. Customs officers/inspectors are usually highly corrupt and technically incompetent and they will likely try to do muk muka.

Also, keep in mind that Pakistan is a signatory to ITU and as such, follows the ITU radio regulations. Frequency Allocation Board (FAB) in Pakistan provides a table of frequency allocations at: http://www.fab.gov.pk/images/pdf/pakistantable.pdf

On pg.6, it refers to applications for ISM band. You may cite that if required.

On pg.35, it refers the 2300-2450MHz, 2450-2483.5MHz and 2483.5-2500MHz bands which are for ISM usage covered by the following provisions:

2300-2450MHz: 5.150, 5.282, 5.393, 5.394, 5.396

2450-2483.5MHz: 5.150, 5.394

2483.5-2500MHz: 5.150, 5.398, 5.400, 5.402

Details for each provision is as under:

The following bands:

• 13553-13567 kHz (centre frequency 13560 kHz),
  • 26957-27283 kHz (centre frequency 27120 kHz),
  • 40.66-40.70 MHz (centre frequency 40.68 MHz),
  • 902-928 MHz in Region 2 (centre frequency 915 MHz),
  • 2400-2500 MHz (centre frequency 2450 MHz),
  • 5725-5875 MHz (centre frequency 5800 MHz), and
  • 24-24.25 GHz (centre frequency 24.125 GHz)

are also designated for industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) applications. Radiocommunication services operating within these bands must accept harmful interference which may be caused by these applications. ISM equipment operating in these bands is subject to the provisions of No.15.13.

[/quote]

This is applicable and lays out frequency use for ISM band.

In the bands 435-438 MHz, 1 260-1 270 MHz, 2 400-2 450 MHz, 3 400-3 410 MHz (in Regions 2 and 3 only) and 5 650-5 670 MHz, the amateur-satellite service may operate subject to not causing harmful interference to other services operating in accordance with the Table (see No.5.43). Administrations authorizing such use shall ensure that any harmful interference caused by emissions from a station in the amateur-satellite service is immediately eliminated in accordance with the provisions of No.25.11. The use of the bands 1 260-1 270 MHz and 5 650-5 670 MHz by the amateur-satellite service is limited to the Earth-to-space direction.

[/quote]

This is not applicable since it relates to earth to space communication.

Additional allocation: in the United States, India and Mexico, the band 2310-2360 MHz is also allocated to the broadcasting-satellite service (sound) and complementary terrestrial sound broadcasting service on a primary basis. Such use is limited to digital audio broadcasting and is subject to the provisions of Resolution 528 (WARC-92), with the exception of resolves 3 in regard to the limitation on broadcasting-satellite systems in the upper 25 MHz. (WRC-2000)

[/quote]

This is also not applicable since it relates to broadcast satellite/terrestrial systems and geographically bound to the US, India and Mexico which isn't applicable on Pakistan.

In the United States, the use of the band 2300-2390 MHz by the aeronautical mobile service for telemetry has priority over other uses by the mobile services. In Canada, the use of the band 2300-2483.5 MHz by the aeronautical mobile service for telemetry has priority over other uses by the mobile services.

[/quote]

This is also not applicable since it is applicable for US and Canada and covers band use for aeronautical mobile service for telemetry usage.

Space stations of the broadcasting-satellite service in the band 2310-2360 MHz operating in accordance with No.5.393 that may affect the services to which this band is allocated in other countries shall be coordinated and notified in accordance with Resolution 33 (Rev.WRC-97). Complementary terrestrial broadcasting stations shall be subject to bilateral coordination with neighbouring countries prior to their bringing into use.

[/quote]

This is also not applicable.

In respect of the radiodetermination-satellite service in the band 2483.5-2500 MHz, the provisions of No.4.10 do not apply.

[/quote]

Again, not applicable.

Different category of service: in Angola, Australia, Bangladesh, Burundi, China, Eritrea, Ethiopia, India, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Jordan, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Dem. Rep. of the Congo, Syria, Sudan, Swaziland, Togo and Zambia, the allocation of the band 2483.5-2500 MHz to the radiodetermination-satellite service (space-to-Earth) is on a primary basis (see No.5.33), subject to agreement obtained under No.9.21 from countries not listed in this provision. (WRC-97)

[/quote]

Applicable in Pakistan but not to your device.

The use of the band 2483.5-2500 MHz by the mobile-satellite and the radiodetermination-satellite services is subject to the coordination under No.9.11A. Administrations are urged to take all practicable steps to prevent harmful interference to the radio astronomy service from emissions in the 2483.5-2500 MHz band, especially those caused by second-harmonic radiation that would fall into the 4990-5000 MHz band allocated to the radio astronomy service worldwide.

[/quote]

Not applicable to your device since it won't cause interference while using Wifi to radiodetermination-satellite services.

Bear in mind that only someone educated and familiar with radio frequency allocation and usage will understand above information. The typical baboo or bribe taking customs officer/inspector will not heed any such argument. As such, you may contact PTA for providing an NOC for this device to get it released from Customs. A letter from them will have some influence as far as legalities/rules of the book go.

Sue them for 1 million dollars

i have also ordered the same wifi ezcast and is currently being shipped, so please post the end story update here.

Can you post an update on how it went ?

look like, Muhammad Ramzan sial is one greedy fellow :P

[quote=“MrKamran, post:7, topic:22205”]

look like, Muhammad Ramzan sial is one greedy fellow :P

[/quote]

Two people in tthis country are richer than bill Gates, 1, patwari 2, custom officer

[quote=“armada, post:8, topic:22205”]

Two people in tthis country are richer than bill Gates, 1, patwari 2, custom officer

[/quote]

make it three : politicians.

^ Wrong.. donot cofuse soul less beasts with PEOPLE.

asad, although not my issue nor may encounter any such in importing myself.. your post in such detail is by far one of the most helpful efforts i have seen do anyone here..

Bravo :)