Options for a Rural Area

Edited

option 1: rabbit Dial up by PTCL

option 2: many mobile cellular networks providing GPRS/EDGE/

option 3: two wireless companies Vfone & Wordcall

option 4: Satellite Internet

option 5: Just relax and stay away from these shyts

You have many options. But do check first if these services work in the area you are going to. like:

1. PTCL Vfone Wireless Internet (in most areas it's service sucks)

2. ZONG GPRS/EDGE (Unlimited just Rs. 484 approx per month)

3. Warid GPRS/EDGE

4. Telenor GPRS/EDGE

5. Mobilink GPRS/EDGE

Visit http://www.opensky.com.pk/tariff.htm for Satellite Internet Tarrif

OK. I did some search and i found that only Telenor and Warid have updated there websites with information regarding Edge.

Telenor and Warid's Edge charges are low ~ 1000 - 500 but they are limited to unlimited data transfer which they define as a 2GB limit! lol

http://www.telenor.com.pk/postpaid/gprs_EdgeBundle.php

http://www.waridtel.com/corporate/enterprise_gprs.php

Anyway telenor has mobile TV as well and the data transfer is included in the limit.

GPRS Packages for Zong and Mobilink are unlimited at 500 Rs.

Edge package is not enabled everywhere, its also dependent on where updates have been made to make it available and i doubt that Edge will be available in a rural area.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

OK. I did some search and i found that only Telenor and Warid have updated there websites with information regarding Edge.

Telenor and Warid’s Edge charges are low ~ 1000 - 500 but they are limited to unlimited data transfer which they define as a 2GB limit! lol

http://www.telenor.com.pk/postpaid/gprs_EdgeBundle.php

http://www.waridtel.com/corporate/enterprise_gprs.php

Anyway telenor has mobile TV as well and the data transfer is included in the limit.

GPRS Packages for Zong and Mobilink are unlimited at 500 Rs.

Edge package is not enabled everywhere, its also dependent on where updates have been made to make it available and i doubt that Edge will be available in a rural area.

[/quote]

Corrent me if I am wrong, I think Mobilink GPRS package is for postpaid connections only. You can get good speeds on GPRS as well if you have a good class GPRS supported on your Mobile Phone.

Check if you have edge availibility in the village you are going to be posted.. If edge is not available. Then you should check the Vfone or world call availability,with external antenna,they would probably work. If the gsm coverage is not good in your area(if you post the name of district,it might be useful) you can use gsm signal amplifier. I believe Telenor has the best edge coverage in rural areas,Telenor edge works in my village..

I don't know where you are going,and even the phone line is not available(extremely remote) or it is unuseable despite complain with ptcl. Chances are very low you are going to a village with no gsm,ptcl and world call wireless(CDMA) or even ptcl coverage even with external antennas or ampilfier. If its that remote or phone line is that bad despite complaining with ptcl and pta,and you really want broadband,you would have to use one way satelitte internet. Pings are really high on sat internet,even one way.

If you want broadband really badly,you can even get two way internet (underhand,its not legal) from hall road or something.. Its more expensive,a lot more.

And then you can use dialup from ptcl for free.. Just call 1218 and ask them to clear the line if you face problems with it..

Goodluck..

ps

What disctrict you are going?

option 1: rabbit Dial up by PTCL

option 2: many mobile cellular networks providing GPRS/EDGE/

option 3: two wireless companies Vfone & Wordcall

option 4: Satellite Internet

option 5: Just relax and stay away from these shyts

[/quote]

What exactly is a rabbit dialup?

Check if you have edge availibility in the village you are going to be posted… If edge is not available. Then you should check the Vfone or world call availability,with external antenna,they would probably work. If the gsm coverage is not good in your area(if you post the name of district,it might be useful) you can use gsm signal amplifier. I believe Telenor has the best edge coverage in rural areas,Telenor edge works in my village…

I don’t know where you are going,and even the phone line is not available(extremely remote) or it is unuseable despite complain with ptcl. Chances are very low you are going to a village with no gsm,ptcl and world call wireless(CDMA) or even ptcl coverage even with external antennas or ampilfier. If its that remote or phone line is that bad despite complaining with ptcl and pta,and you really want broadband,you would have to use one way satelitte internet. Pings are really high on sat internet,even one way.

If you want broadband really badly,you can even get two way internet (underhand,its not legal) from hall road or something… Its more expensive,a lot more.

And then you can use dialup from ptcl for free… Just call 1218 and ask them to clear the line if you face problems with it…

Goodluck…

ps

What disctrict you are going?

[/quote]

Thanks for info. I will post where i be posted and will also post news about success with internet. However i doubt that i would reveal anything new which you have’nt already. :)