OperaMini 5 wont install

I have downloaded OperaMini 5 on my Nokia 5800 xpress music but it wont install. The app had downloaded successfully and starts installing but it stop after a while. I dont know whats the problem. Anybody out there plz help.

i think opera mini is dead... its not working on ufone for past 2 days!!

i m trying to install it having zong. The instl starts but it takes like forever to complete. After a reasonable delay I get a message, 'cant connect to the net chek your settings'

Opera Mini is blocked by PTA. That's why. Opera Mini has to do a network test before installation can be finished.

Why to ban a web browser?

What PTA get by banning it.

They must have a stupid bureaucratic logic.

The way Opera Mini works is that Opera servers get the data and compress it and convert it into .obml (Opera Binary Markup Language) format. Those .obml files are then sent to our mobiles and we use Opera Mini to view it, so it's like using proxy servers. We can use banned sites through Opera Mini. Even then it's a stupid decision as you're banning the most popular mobile internet browser in the world.

@Osman, thx for the info.

Still its illogical, u cant stop a determined person through these tricks. It causes more damage then the intended 'good'.

Hurra

Try Try again worked for me.

Finally operaMini5 has installed for me and I am writing this post from my cellphone.

Straight away I can feel the difference in speed and use.

^ how you did that ? any changes in network preferences etc? i just tried on my bro's 5530 and failed :(

Opera Mini started working on my phone too.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ how you did that ? any changes in network preferences etc? i just tried on my bro’s 5530 and failed :(
[/quote]

i didnt change anything. Simply tried again and again to install the downloaded file. It used to gave a message ‘Cant connect to internet, check your settings’.

At last when I tried it installed on first attempt.

^ how you did that ? any changes in network preferences etc? i just tried on my bro’s 5530 and failed :(
[/quote]

not working for me too , same error!

Operator : UFONE.

not working for me too , same error!

Operator : UFONE.

[/quote]

i m using it on zong, currently in kohat. I will be back in pindi in a couple of days and will report after checking it there

OperaMini is not connecting to net since last 12 hours, seems like PTA etc have read my last post and have taken measures to stop it.

It's working for me on Zong now. It wasn't working yesterday though.

still dead on ufone!

still dead on ufone!
[/quote]

Where are you located?

Where are you located?

[/quote]

karachi , asked 3 more friends too they are also unable to use OPERAMINI 5

i m back in rawalpindi, operamini is not working on my cell here.

I will be going to Mirpur in a week or so, will check it there.

My cell default web browser is working fine.

Yesterday I thought to give a try to the new version 5.0. I installed it successfully without any intereption and it is working excellent for me!

Tips:

¤ Try to download from the default web browser by clicking m.Opera.com and it will install within minutes.

¤ Sometimes when no url opens simply switch off your mobile and after that it will work fine.