Opera Mobile 11 and Opera Mini 6 launched

http://my.opera.com/operamobile/blog/opera-mobile-11-for-android-and-symbian

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
Heads up to current users: Tap to zoom has been changed from single-click to double-click. You can now click links and activate Flash content in overview mode, without having to zoom in first (yes, that's right, the Android version now supports Flash).

So what else is new? A lot:

Features

Modernized new user interface

New UI optimized for tablet devices

Faster framerates when panning and zooming

No checkerboard, ever

Text stays sharp during zooming

Improved text-wrap on zoom

Smart-tap, auto-zoom and highlights links if ambiguous link click

Incremental zooming for devices w/o multi-touch

Buttons for jumping to the top/bottom of the page

Haptic feedback (if supported in hardware)

Share URL on social networks, email etc

Improved Geolocation support

Session restore

Rendering

Presto 2.7.81

JIT for greatly improved Javascript performance (was supported in 10.1 on some Symbian devices)

Adobe Flash support (Android only, Flash player available separately in Android Market)

Click-to-play, load Flash content on demand only

Application Cache

WebStorage and WebDatabase

DOM touch and multi-touch events

HTML5 Audio/Video

Support for CSS @viewport

Improved support for meta viewport

Support for Web Open Font Format (WOFF)

Support for Arabic ligatures

Improved form fields skin

Android specific

Fixed startup problems on Archos devices and Motorola Atrix

Symbian specific

Support native clipboard on Symbian 5th ed and Symbian^3

Support for half-screen keyboard on Symbian^3 phones

Added Thai, Hebrew and Arabic fonts

Added localization for Malay language (APAC build)

[/quote]

Download direct to your devices from m.opera.com. After downloading, head over to our forums to discuss.

Yeah just updated and typing this from opera mini 6.0. Looks pretty slick after first hands on. Text input has improved a lot as well.

Opera Mini is great, especially as website pages keep getting larger and larger and Pakistani internets slower and slower (at least on a cellphone...)

I did never use Opera Mini before but did use Opera Mobile because it was flexible more than Opera Mini. (don't have concerns with up hand on Opera Mini for involving Opera Servers, I preferred Opera Mobile only for having maximum HTML advantage on a Mobile)

But Yes! now after Opera Mini 6 I believe I am not gonna use Opera Mobile because Opera Mini is pretty same in every in rendering HTML and the same interface as of Opera Mobile. But for sure it still has Opera Servers at its back. So Opera Mini 6 is the best now.

I liked the most that Opera gave exactly the same interface and features for both version on Android and Symbian with zero difference. The only difference is that Symbian versions are having "Exit" option and Android ones are not having that depending on the OS standards.

I take my words back. Its not running smooth on my IDEOS. Sometimes the heavy pages stutter very badly which was not case on Opera Mini 5.1. :(. Might uninstall.

i just downloaded it, IMO Opera Mobile 10 was better than the newer version.

I am using Opera Mini and its good .....

^ Yeah it has improved a lot after recent updates.

@KA I suggest you change the title to "Opera Mobile 11 and Opera Mini 6 launched" only, since Opera Mobile 11 is available for all major smartphone Operating systems, and Opera Mini 6 is also available for all major feature phones & also smartphones.

As for what is my opinion about these new Operas, I say they're great, but i very much prefer UC Browser, IMO if Opera Mobile/Mini is Opera, UC Browser is Chrome. :P

^changed.. thanks.. :)

BTW these two were the platforms where they launched first.. It was not bad to mention about the platforms on that day ;)

no chance, never going to leave Mozilla. In case of an emergency Chrome could be the 2nd option but IE or opera.. ahhh!!! never.

Yeah you are right. Mozilla has been best so far. one problem which i have noticed in Mozilla Firefox 4.0 is that Internet Download Manager is no more supported by Firefox and that really matters a lot for those who have to download online video playing (like youtube). I wish someone could tell me to solve the issue and then i will download its latest version. Otherwise i am good with my Firefox 3.5 :). Opera mini isn't that nice in my Nokia 5230 as do its counterpart in UC. I am using UCWEB 7.6 and it just rocks....

i love opera mini. it helps me very much.

for Mobile applications visit

My-nokia-cell

Hello friends. i found opera mobile one of the best mobile browser.

hera are some secret codes in Opera.

Secret codes