Opera 11 is out with tab stacking, extensions etc

Opera 11 is out. For more feature please read http://www.opera.com/browser/features/ for download use this http://www.opera.com/

Yeah. Nice browser. Currently, using it. Using two extensions at the moment:

1. FastSearch (Allows you to search for something just by selecting it and pressing Enter)

2. Translate 1.3 (Replicates Chrome's feature which gives option to translate a page in foreign language)

Did you try speak ? Is it working ? For me it's working on Opera 11.00 Beta build 1111

Do you mean the Speak function built in into Opera? I tried that once around an year back but it never really worked properly. I will try it out again and tell you if it is working.

Just installed Opera 11 in Kubuntu 10.10.With AdSweep extension,I love it.It will surely replace my Google Chrome installation (and eventually Firefox)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Do you mean the Speak function built in into Opera? I tried that once around an year back but it never really worked properly. I will try it out again and tell you if it is working.
[/quote]

Yes the speak feature as shown in this image

81fa8a2760332862ffe6960cd6b4e10e070070c33111822213e2626ec33c75532g.jpg

^ I tried it out. Working fine here. It asks me to download a setup file of around 10.5MB when i click the "Speak" button the first time. Afterwards it reads out the text i select, the voice is not pleasant though. :D Tab Stacking working very nice as well. Now i can stack all related tabs in one stack!! Pretty neat!

Opera 11 is awesome specially I like tab stacking feature.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ I tried it out. Working fine here. It asks me to download a setup file of around 10.5MB when i click the “Speak” button the first time. Afterwards it reads out the text i select, the voice is not pleasant though. :D Tab Stacking working very nice as well. Now i can stack all related tabs in one stack!! Pretty neat!
[/quote]

Though its not working for me now. Upgraded to public release. :mad: It downloades the file but then it just disappears. You can change the voice from opera preferences. Female voice is much more clear than male voice. Also adjust the speed. It much than Microsoft Anna.

IT to FF, FF to Chrome, Now Opera

:S

IT ? which one is that ? :o

I think he was saying IE probably. Btw all browsers eat up a lot of RAM. No matter what the browser is. Why do they do that? The Peak Memory usage of Opera on my computer is around 300MB regularly. It wasn't different with Chrome or IE. Any ideas?

Oh btw. I just used mouse guestures. You just have to click and hold the left mouse button to activate them. Then you can use your mouse in different directions to perform advanced mouse gestures. For example, right click to activate and then move the mouse to the left to go back one page. Its super awesome! :D

SOme of these funcations are performed by the mouse wheel, but mouse gesture is more fun. These new browser are desgined to take advantage of larger rams and higher cpu power, so thus they take more resources, in order to get fast and furious

Yes my Bad, i Was saying IE !