ONU Line

Can someone please explain to me what exactly is an ONU line and how is it better then the copper lines? Also what are the extra charges of an ONU line? (Installation and Monthly?)..

Data is transferred via fibre optic. The Optical Network Unit (ONU) at the consumer end converts the optical signals to electrical signals.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Can someone please explain to me what exactly is an ONU line and how is it better then the copper lines? Also what are the extra charges of an ONU line? (Installation and Monthly?)…
[/quote]

i think only 700-800 rs for first month only for installation other then normal charges as normal telephone line ( line rent etc)

And is it really worth it? Converting to ONU? I mean what kind of advantage will i get if i change my line? More speed on DSL? or what?

And does the phone number necessarily have to change?

well onu aka fiber line basically on normal copper line dsl service is only supported upto 2mb but on fiber line you can get more then 2mb easily and yes your number will be change like in mustafa town exchange lahore they are providing numbers with 529 prefix and i am not sure but i think you can convert your old copper line to onu remaining with same old number. umm well as far worth is concern your personal experience and no doubt fiber technology is far good then old copper but one think note down that in pakistan at the moment only ptcl is providing DSL services on fiber line no other ISP is providing DSL service on fiber lines so its a draw back if you not satisfied with PTCL that its useless for you