Holy Cow!.....boy o boy!....Im still confused even knowing all this stuff!
For others to know and my info confirmation...
you are trying to get satellite down link and DSL uplink together ! first of all I dont know if its gona happen for real! but as you are getting pings...means a round trip of packet; you are through!
You are also getting pings to the servers etc! do me one favor ...ping this
ping 188.8.131.52 <-- This is google.com's IP , u dont need a DNS to tell
ping google.com <-- This one is simple address for browsing\downloading needs
This is to check if there is a DNS issue because I see you are trying to ping the ptcl server with IP and not name! and in browsing ofc u r using domain names....so better test this!
about the last snapshot! its bit confusing!
first of all why PVC7?
and I think with this satitic route the world is able to route thru ur DSL and then tried to go out with DVB...and vice versa! The thing is you dont have to config ur DVB or the DSL router ! but actually you need to tell your damn OS that download from adapter A and recieve from B while you have a same static IP defined defined on both interfaces! with not a Full duplex , not a Half duplex, but simplex! means one way transmission only! but I dont think any standard LAN card driver supports that!
and wait let me take a senerio ....im somebody in America with a DSL And i want to ping your computer with your current setup! ok?
Just Assuming u got sat.con from france telco! and assuming u know bit about these things so I might go beyond normal people's knowledge!
1. Ping 119.flaan.flaan.flaan
2. 32bytes of single packet goes to my ISP lets say Sprint!
3. Sprint checks the IP with IANA ... which tells APNIC as its a 119.x.x.x ip
4. Apnic tells its a pakistan's IP and PTCL exactly
5. PTCL tells me that this is his route\area\dsl\mac!
6a. your router if in PPPOE accepts pings and responds
6b. If in bridged mode would forward ping to you, u would respond with same interface and Ill recieve back pings the same via!
scenerio number 2! you ping me in america!
1. Ping 98.flaan.flaan.flaan
2. 32bytes of single packet goes to PTCL
3. PTCL checks the IP with IANA ... which tells ARIN as its a 98.x.x.x ip
4. ARIN tells its america's IP and Sprint exactly
5. Sprint tells you that this is his route\area\dsl\mac!
6a. my router if in PPPOE accepts pings and responds
6b. If in bridged mode would forward ping to my pc, it would respond with same interface and you'll recieve back pings the same via!
now the Ip is not that 119 wala...but your france wala! lets say 173.x.x.x
1. now when I ping ull recieve it via SAT but when u will send it it wont come to me!
2. If ur OS tries to reply via ptcl...I will recieve packet with destination IP of PTCL which my pc will discard as it wasnt from that 173 wala ip but 119
3. If you ping me...ur SAT wont send! PTCL will....i will reply to u ofc on PTCL....it would work but then the response would not be from satlite and you wont be utilizing sat down link! which u want actually!
!!!!!!!! this whole story is to explain that you cant disturb IPs with respect to locations! as this internet routing is done by international bodies...not your router or LAN card! I hope you understand!
But if works! its gona be miracle! (as u told it was working with world call)
I think when u requested them to route the ip...they would have used your satellite's ip in there routers and acknowleges requests for that ip which is kinda illegal to use IP of other regions! and you would have a static ip from SAT people?!
long story......waiting for reply!