Only for Networking Gurus

Salam to all forum mates,

i have ZXDSL 831C II router and i am willing to route an Satellite IP on it .while browsing router i say Routing option in it so i Routed The satellite Ip on it and saved the setting and Config my LAN ... and after that i am able to Send packets Via LAN card and Receive Via Satellite Card and also able to Get pings from web servers but i am not able to browse web and not able to download any thing see pics to get an idea ..

see this can ping but can't Browse and look packets are sending Via LAn and receiving Via DVB card

64745294.jpg

even not able to download

nodownloading.jpg

when i remove the satellite dish cable then pings are gone

nopings.jpg

when i again connect the cable then ping is back

pingsok.jpg

I have routed the Ip like this ...

routing2.jpg

is this the correct method of routing ip

Holy Cow!.....boy o boy!....Im still confused even knowing all this stuff!

For others to know and my info confirmation...

you are trying to get satellite down link and DSL uplink together :)! first of all I dont know if its gona happen for real! but as you are getting pings...means a round trip of packet; you are through!

You are also getting pings to the servers etc! do me one favor ...ping this

ping 74.125.87.99 <-- This is google.com's IP , u dont need a DNS to tell

ping google.com <-- This one is simple address for browsing\downloading needs

This is to check if there is a DNS issue because I see you are trying to ping the ptcl server with IP and not name! and in browsing ofc u r using domain names....so better test this!

about the last snapshot! its bit confusing!

first of all why PVC7?

and I think with this satitic route the world is able to route thru ur DSL and then tried to go out with DVB...and vice versa! The thing is you dont have to config ur DVB or the DSL router ! but actually you need to tell your damn OS that download from adapter A and recieve from B while you have a same static IP defined defined on both interfaces! with not a Full duplex , not a Half duplex, but simplex! means one way transmission only! but I dont think any standard LAN card driver supports that!

and wait let me take a senerio ....im somebody in America with a DSL And i want to ping your computer with your current setup! ok?

Just Assuming u got sat.con from france telco! and assuming u know bit about these things so I might go beyond normal people's knowledge!

1. Ping 119.flaan.flaan.flaan

2. 32bytes of single packet goes to my ISP lets say Sprint!

3. Sprint checks the IP with IANA ... which tells APNIC as its a 119.x.x.x ip

4. Apnic tells its a pakistan's IP and PTCL exactly

5. PTCL tells me that this is his route\area\dsl\mac!

6a. your router if in PPPOE accepts pings and responds

6b. If in bridged mode would forward ping to you, u would respond with same interface and Ill recieve back pings the same via!

scenerio number 2! you ping me in america!

1. Ping 98.flaan.flaan.flaan

2. 32bytes of single packet goes to PTCL

3. PTCL checks the IP with IANA ... which tells ARIN as its a 98.x.x.x ip

4. ARIN tells its america's IP and Sprint exactly

5. Sprint tells you that this is his route\area\dsl\mac!

6a. my router if in PPPOE accepts pings and responds

6b. If in bridged mode would forward ping to my pc, it would respond with same interface and you'll recieve back pings the same via!

scenerio 3

now the Ip is not that 119 wala...but your france wala! lets say 173.x.x.x

1. now when I ping ull recieve it via SAT but when u will send it it wont come to me!

2. If ur OS tries to reply via ptcl...I will recieve packet with destination IP of PTCL which my pc will discard as it wasnt from that 173 wala ip but 119

3. If you ping me...ur SAT wont send! PTCL will....i will reply to u ofc on PTCL....it would work but then the response would not be from satlite and you wont be utilizing sat down link! which u want actually!

!!!!!!!! this whole story is to explain that you cant disturb IPs with respect to locations! as this internet routing is done by international bodies...not your router or LAN card! I hope you understand!

But if works! its gona be miracle! (as u told it was working with world call)

I think when u requested them to route the ip...they would have used your satellite's ip in there routers and acknowleges requests for that ip which is kinda illegal to use IP of other regions! and you would have a static ip from SAT people?!

long story......waiting for reply!

sorry for a late reply ......

First I wanna show u this downlink perfectly works on Dialup connection using Wingate server... check the pic

dialup.jpg

well i have some thing special for u check it out in the pic below

googleping.jpg

see when i ping Google.com connection was not able to find the host and when i ping its Ip then i was able to get ping .. But plz note this when ever we ping a host name or Ip with DSL we get reply from their Ip .. like PING 75.BlA >BLA BLA

reply from 75.Bla bla bla bla bytes =32 time= Bla TIL= bla bla

but in my case what ever Ip i ping i get

Reply From MY Current DSL Ip .. like in the above case when i ping 74.125.87.99 i get

Reply From 119.153.57.20

not from

Reply From 74.125.87.99

What The hell is this now .......

u asked why I used PVC7

I used it be all other PVC 1 from 6 were empty and my DSL is configured On PVC .. Well if its Wrong then which PVC should i use..

well dear tell me is the gateway of PTCL is closed fro Routing or routing is done manually from the PTCL server Like LDN do .. Just ask their CS Technical department to Route this 82.XXXX>XXXX>XXX ip on your system for only uploading ...

ok so im at somewhat understandable point!

well mostly u ought to use the first PVC might be 0 or 1(depends its starting number) as its designed for the dsl! the second one is for i guess IPTV! which is used by ur STB!

Anyways back to topic!

yes its interesting! its quite a bit confused routing but now try putting ur 119.something ip when assigned....in ur DNS or put any ptcl or open DNS ip in your LAN connections and walla! here u go! but was this ping type test performed using ptcl dsl or dialup?

I think he is referring to this situation http://www.opendns.com/support/article/224

@yousaf! yes true

or else use this one

So How do we setup up that situation. My local cable wala use have this setup.

@yousaf...you mean the satellite thing?

@satlover....waisay aap ko ye dish lga kar faida kya huwa? I see ur downloading is 50k and u r also paying for dsl upload! .....cant understand this mistery!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@yousaf…you mean the satellite thing?

@satlover…waisay aap ko ye dish lga kar faida kya huwa? I see ur downloading is 50k and u r also paying for dsl upload! …cant understand this mistery!

[/quote]

@firecruz

Well bro speed at 55 was just a teaser it can GO up to 3MB/s depends upon the Uplink look at the pic

speed2w.jpg

i am using Dialup V 92 FAx modem upload speed of 10 KB see i am getting more then 700 KB on DB meter and more than 800 On IDM … usually I get 1.1MB/s speed @ 16KBuploading on WOl ISP using V 92 FAx modem and i get abut 900 KB/s speed @ 12 KB Via dialup V92 modem…

Well i will try Open DNS tonight … …

@firecruz

well i am a satellite 1 way hacker and i have more then 50 Ip address of more then 25 mbps downlink of 1 year validation… if any one wanna get it i will give it to u…

@firecruz

i have tested these ajeb gareeb Ping on my DSL …

So How do we setup up that situation. My local cable wala use have this setup.
[/quote]

well if u wanna use it for your self not for cable net i will provide it to you…

@firecruz

Well bro speed at 55 was just a teaser it can GO up to 3MB/s depends upon the Uplink look at the pic

speed2w.jpg

i am using Dialup V 92 FAx modem upload speed of 10 KB see i am getting more then 700 KB on DB meter and more than 800 On IDM … usually I get 1.1MB/s speed @ 16KBuploading on WOl ISP using V 92 FAx modem and i get abut 900 KB/s speed @ 12 KB Via dialup V92 modem…

Well i will try Open DNS tonight … …

@firecruz

well i am a satellite 1 way hacker and i have more then 50 Ip address of more then 25 mbps downlink of 1 year validation… if any one wanna get it i will give it to u…

[/quote]

if u getting around 900KB/Sec @ 12KB upload speed then i wonder hw much speed u gonna get on 25-30KB/Sec upload speed on DSL :o around 2-3MB/Sec? lol :P

if u getting around 900KB/Sec @ 12KB upload speed then i wonder hw much speed u gonna get on 25-30KB/Sec upload speed on DSL :o around 2-3MB/Sec? lol :P

[/quote]

well on 256 Kbps uplod (25- 30) 2.4MB/s is 100% achievable my friend is using it on Brain DSL …

Just curious.... *don't wanna involve with on going discussion though

How much this satellite link costs?

i think dish,card, cost about 12-13k

Just curious… *don’t wanna involve with on going discussion though

How much this satellite link costs?

[/quote]

DVB card SKy star2 NEw = 4500

DIsh 8 foot B grade = 3500

LNB + wiring = 700

make it 9K to be on the save side…

But Dear u will be able to full fill investment with in 3 month …

and where we can get this stuff

@satlover

Check your email bro.

and where we can get this stuff
[/quote]

if u r in lahore then u should know Hall Road is the only place

if u r in lahore then u should know Hall Road is the only place

[/quote]

YEP Hashim Bai is right…

@All

Thread is moving on wrong path now can we move it back to resolving the problem which i am facing …

well if u wanna use it for your self not for cable net i will provide it to you…

[/quote]

That cable wala was at my previous home. Check your email