Online Stock Trading Broker

Hello guys

Please help me in selecting the online stock trader if you have experience in this field. I've narrowed down the following:

1- IGI i-Trade

2- KASB Direct

Both have initial account opening requirement of Rs. 25K. However, KASB is claiming to charge the minimum commission in the market.

Any help / suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Have you heard of fsEdge? I currently an account with them. They are pretty decent. And their minimum balance requirement is only Rs. 5,000. Check here:

http://www.fsedge.com/default.aspx

They have the lowest commission structure in the market i think.

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:2, topic:14692”]

Have you heard of fsEdge? I currently an account with them. They are pretty decent. And their minimum balance requirement is only Rs. 5,000. Check here:

http://www.fsedge.com/default.aspx

They have the lowest commission structure in the market i think.

[/quote]

@rnathbatra

How about their in-house research reports?

Do they provide daily updates or something similar…

How good is their customer services…

Customer service is good. But they open your account with a sub-account under their main account. Other brokers that you are talking about open a main account for you with CDC, so you will incur 500 annual holding charges in that case. Opening a main account is considered more secure.

I haven't read their research reports, but i think they do provide them on their website:

http://www.fsedge.com/ClientLogin.aspx?redirect=researchreports.aspx

I have tried to access these but i think these are only provided to premium customers. You can read the difference between two accounts at the website. Basically one account is without a dedicated broker (which gives you advice as well) and other is not. The commission is different on both packages due to that reason.

Otherwise their service has been good and i have always got an answer from their customer facilitation department. I also received my dividends on time.

Is there any firm in Pakistan offering online forex trading?

why you all hell bent on losing your money on scam ridden manipulated domestic markets

use fxcm for foreign exchange trading

use thinkorswim for stock trading

Because its more convenient. To deal with foreign brokers you have to wire them money. You also need a passport which you have to scan and give them so that they allow you to withdraw your money. Its a huge hassle and there is always the risk that they will say "screw you! you are a pakistani and we don't want to deal with you." and steal your money. Ecommerce isn't exactly pakistani friendly. We have to jump through so many hoops.

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:4, topic:14692”]

Customer service is good. But they open your account with a sub-account under their main account. Other brokers that you are talking about open a main account for you with CDC, so you will incur 500 annual holding charges in that case. Opening a main account is considered more secure.

I haven’t read their research reports, but i think they do provide them on their website:

http://www.fsedge.com/ClientLogin.aspx?redirect=researchreports.aspx

I have tried to access these but i think these are only provided to premium customers. You can read the difference between two accounts at the website. Basically one account is without a dedicated broker (which gives you advice as well) and other is not. The commission is different on both packages due to that reason.

Otherwise their service has been good and i have always got an answer from their customer facilitation department. I also received my dividends on time.

[/quote]

@ rnathbatra

The customer support services of fsEdge is poor. I’ve contacted them twice but they don’t bother to respond to my queries.

Well, I’m not going with them. anyhow, thanks.

[quote=“rokra, post:7, topic:14692”]

Because its more convenient. To deal with foreign brokers you have to wire them money. You also need a passport which you have to scan and give them so that they allow you to withdraw your money. Its a huge hassle and there is always the risk that they will say “screw you! you are a pakistani and we don’t want to deal with you.” and steal your money. Ecommerce isn’t exactly pakistani friendly. We have to jump through so many hoops.

[/quote]

hahah i just read mathbatra wrote “500 RUPEES ANNUAL WITHHLODING CHARGE” damn i feel bad for local businessmen who deals with such stupid rules hell bent on destroying economic machinery. and there are thousands of them…

i don’t trust !@#$ financial institutions so i don’t do any kind of business with them, what you say if thats true then then thats bad for you.

as far as the fxcm or thinkorswim is concerned they don’t have stupid policies or procedures it must be from your !@#$ institution side only.

even though both are north american based firms. and they provide ironclad security to your capital either its 5 dollars in your account or 5 million dollars in your account. and there is also protection insurance for free from US government in terms of your brokerage account even if you are not an american and you are pakistani but american govt will protect your capital its called SIPC meaning if your brokerage account has upto 250k dollars in cash then they are automatically insured through SIPC if the brokerage firm goes down then your first 250k in cash will be redeemed by SIPC, for you to say that they’ll say “screw you” is more of a reality expected from !@#$ institution.

FXCM: north american FX trading firm whose 80% clients are scattered in all over the world in more than 100 countries doing trading 24/7 and all are happy with the service.

THINKORSWIM: Direct access stock trading firm, one of the favorite firm of international clients/traders belonging to more than 80 different countries.

[quote=“kamran1x1, post:9, topic:14692”]

hahah i just read mathbatra wrote “500 RUPEES ANNUAL WITHHLODING CHARGE” damn i feel bad for local businessmen who deals with such stupid rules hell bent on destroying economic machinery. and there are thousands of them…

i don’t trust !@#$ financial institutions so i don’t do any kind of business with them, what you say if thats true then then thats bad for you.

as far as the fxcm or thinkorswim is concerned they don’t have stupid policies or procedures it must be from your !@#$ institution side only.

even though both are north american based firms. and they provide ironclad security to your capital either its 5 dollars in your account or 5 million dollars in your account. and there is also protection insurance for free from US government in terms of your brokerage account even if you are not an american and you are pakistani but american govt will protect your capital its called SIPC meaning if your brokerage account has upto 250k dollars in cash then they are automatically insured through SIPC if the brokerage firm goes down then your first 250k in cash will be redeemed by SIPC, for you to say that they’ll say “screw you” is more of a reality expected from !@#$ institution.

FXCM: north american FX trading firm whose 80% clients are scattered in all over the world in more than 100 countries doing trading 24/7 and all are happy with the service.

THINKORSWIM: Direct access stock trading firm, one of the favorite firm of international clients/traders belonging to more than 80 different countries.

[/quote]

@kamran1x1

I’m interested in local stock trading and that’s why, I asked for inputs.

As far as fraud or badlack is concerned, it can happen anywhere. Don’t think American are so honest. THINKORSWIM might have clients in more than 100 countries but I’m not interested in international stocks.

Thanks.

[quote=“haal, post:8, topic:14692”]

@ rnathbatra

The customer support services of fsEdge is poor. I’ve contacted them twice but they don’t bother to respond to my queries.

Well, I’m not going with them. anyhow, thanks.

[/quote]

Hmmm. Strange. They were very good with me. They opened my account in 5 days.

Anyway, if you are going for iTrade, do check their commission rates since they charge commission on the basis of the “amount” of trade instead of the quantity so their brokerage amount is a bit higher.

i am new to this forum but find here exactly what i was looking for from the last two days...Hopefully mr kamran u might help me... i am interested in international trading...its seems u have som experience in it ...can u plz share it with me.... as i am interested in shares so i visited the thinkorswim website but there is no option to select pak as ur country.... any good broker who offers international trading....with reasonable rates or in simple words flat rates....i dont want to buy for a long term i am more interested in day trading and thats y i want a one with lower rates....i need a broker with a good reputation and lower fess.....umm not too much interested in charting or research facility...............any comments would be highly appreciated

cheers

For Forex Trading, The world's leading brokers are OANDA, Dukascopy.

Forex Trading is best cause you can learn and trade with demo accounts which works same like real money.

I'm not good in Stock Markets/Options/etc...

You can read this Express Tribune Column for International Stock Trading. Link

Note: These market can show you dream while Its DAY but remember one can go BANKRUPT with these FX/Stock markets.

[quote=“HussainGardezi, post:13, topic:14692”]

For Forex Trading, The world’s leading brokers are OANDA, Dukascopy.

Forex Trading is best cause you can learn and trade with demo accounts which works same like real money.

I’m not good in Stock Markets/Options/etc…

You can read this Express Tribune Column for International Stock Trading. Link

Note: These market can show you dream while Its DAY but remember one can go BANKRUPT with these FX/Stock markets.

[/quote]

@HussainGardezi

This thread was created for seeking recommendation on local stock brokers and NOT for the Forex, which is completely a different subject.

Better to focus our discussions on the subject…

[quote=“haal, post:14, topic:14692”]

@HussainGardezi

This thread was created for seeking recommendation on local stock brokers and NOT for the Forex, which is completely a different subject.

Better to focus our discussions on the subject…

[/quote]

oh this thread is for local brokers, i see if anybody wants to learn desi style trading here is the link below…

http://kasaragodhotnews.blogspot.com/2009/01/khanani-and-kalia-office-raided-in.html

Online Stock Trading is becoming the most popular way to trade stocks because of computers.

[quote=“kamran1x1, post:15, topic:14692”]

oh this thread is for local brokers, i see if anybody wants to learn desi style trading here is the link below…

http://kasaragodhotnews.blogspot.com/2009/01/khanani-and-kalia-office-raided-in.html

[/quote]

The pictures in the above mentioned link are related to a raid in Mexico and not K&K afaik.

[quote=“kamran1x1, post:15, topic:14692”]

[/quote]

Dear Kamran i am intrested in international forex trading. Can u plz let me contact you for some information plz???

[quote=“Ramey, post:18, topic:14692”]

Dear Kamran i am intrested in international forex trading. Can u plz let me contact you for some information plz???

[/quote]

what you want to know? email me at kamran1x1@gmail.com

I have been using KASB for some years now and it is very good. Good reports, speedy software/web access, low comission etc.. no problems so far