Online Shopping from Amazon for Pakistanis

So i did some research before starting this thread but didn't find anything useful or relevant..

I have a MasterCard and an Amazon account but I have no idea if Amazon ships products to Pakistan... Remember, I'm not talking about electronic products like smartphones and laptops etc.. What I wanna buy is: colognes, shoes, cosmetics and stuff..

I successfully made my account and also added my MasterCard and Amazon verified it instantly... my concern is if they actually deliver the goods to Pakistan, if so.. What are the charges and how long does it take??

I know there are some Paksitani sites that offer this facility but I don't really trust them. I would prefer if Amazon sends goods to me directly.. but I would use Pakistani sites as a last resort...

Anyone who has used Amazon from Pakistan, PLEASE share your latest, best and worst experiences.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Hamid,

AFAIK, Amazon only ships within US or Probably Canada.

no, I have heard that a lot of people in Pakistan do shopping from Amazon... that much is confirmed.. I just need some questions answered.

As far as I know, Amazon.com only ships books and cds to Pakistan. I have ordered some books (no cds) from them in the past.

Colognes, shoes etc. I don't see Amazon shipping them to Pakistan. You can try adding these items to your shopping cart. You can do so without any problem, but when you go the checkout page and specify Pakistan as the shipping address, then the system will stop you from proceeding. You can ship them to US addresses like relatives, friends. I haven't done so.

You said, "I have heard that a lot of people in Pakistan do shopping from Amazon". Then, perhaps try to talk to some of those people. Books, yes. But rest of the items. I doubt Amazon has changed their policy. What some people might do is order from Amazon marketplace. These are third party vendors rather than Amazon. Amazon is good with fulfilling their orders. You won't have protection if you use marketplace. I have no interest in ordering from marketplace, but even if you decide to use marketplace, I doubt any vendors will ship the items you have mentioned. Also, international shipping will be expensive. Plus, you will have to pay Pakistan custom duties (fortunately no custom duties on books). Even for books, international shipping to Pakistan is expensive.

Best idea is to get hold of some of the people from "I have heard that a lot of people in Pakistan do shopping from Amazon"". But I would advise you to proceed carefully. There might be indirect shipping companies (but again you must factor in custom duties and shipping, plus reliability must be an issue). You could ship stuff to family or friends in US and have them bring it over if they are visiting soon. If you do decide on indirect shipping or marketplace, proceed very carefully.

[quote=“mtrtmk, post:4, topic:21402”]

As far as I know, Amazon.com only ships books and cds to Pakistan. I have ordered some books (no cds) from them in the past.

Colognes, shoes etc. I don't see Amazon shipping them to Pakistan. You can try adding these items to your shopping cart. You can do so without any problem, but when you go the checkout page and specify Pakistan as the shipping address, then the system will stop you from proceeding. You can ship them to US addresses like relatives, friends. I haven't done so.

You said, "I have heard that a lot of people in Pakistan do shopping from Amazon". Then, perhaps try to talk to some of those people. Books, yes. But rest of the items. I doubt Amazon has changed their policy. What some people might do is order from Amazon marketplace. These are third party vendors rather than Amazon. Amazon is good with fulfilling their orders. You won't have protection if you use marketplace. I have no interest in ordering from marketplace, but even if you decide to use marketplace, I doubt any vendors will ship the items you have mentioned. Also, international shipping will be expensive. Plus, you will have to pay Pakistan custom duties (fortunately no custom duties on books). Even for books, international shipping to Pakistan is expensive.

Best idea is to get hold of some of the people from "I have heard that a lot of people in Pakistan do shopping from Amazon"". But I would advise you to proceed carefully. There might be indirect shipping companies (but again you must factor in custom duties and shipping, plus reliability must be an issue). You could ship stuff to family or friends in US and have them bring it over if they are visiting soon. If you do decide on indirect shipping or marketplace, proceed very carefully.

[/quote]

Thank you! you're right, third party vendors cannot be trusted...

To be honest there is no a reliable and affordable way to get things here from US Amazon, even if you involve third party shipping company such as myUSA then you may struggle in transactions to them as Pakistan credit cards usually gets rejected moreover you has no PayPal facility in Pakistan.. (if you have relatives there then it is the only possible way)

I can help you in buying anything from Amazon, eBay and any other US stores.

I am using these services

You have two options. Buy from Amazon and give BeInUS virtual address using your own credit card. BeInUS will forward that shipment to Pakistani address.

Second option is that BeInUS can use their own credit card for purchasing from US stores

http://www.beinus.com/personal-shopper.php#.U-4MUfmSw3k

Shahzad

Amazon only ships books unrestricted to any part of the world. Rest of the products have geographical restrictions.

The easiest way to find out is to try to make a purchase. If any of the products is restricted for shipping to Pakistan or outside US, it will not accept the order and will tell you at the time of checking out.

[quote=“shahzadgodl, post:7, topic:21402”]

I can help you in buying anything from Amazon, eBay and any other US stores.

I am using these services

You have two options. Buy from Amazon and give BeInUS virtual address using your own credit card. BeInUS will forward that shipment to Pakistani address.

Second option is that BeInUS can use their own credit card for purchasing from US stores

http://www.beinus.com/personal-shopper.php#.U-4MUfmSw3k

Shahzad

[/quote]

Thanks man.. can you let me know about the shipping prices and delivery time?

As i said, you can buy any item which is only allowed in US, from any US store including eBay, Amazon.com using BeInUS service

Shipment price will be from US$ 20 USPS and US$ 40 for forwarding your package from your virtual US address to Pakistan address

[quote=“zainasmat, post:, topic:”]

I always buy amazon product from magiclamp.pk in pakistan. They provide product on time and original.

[/quote]

Magiclamp is getting slower and slower each day. Last year they used to deliver the products within two weeks as they promised, then it became a month. The last product I received from them yesterday was ordered on July 15!

Magiclamp has the most unique collection of products i have seen on any Pak online store

Why you don't try to purchase several things from Pakistani websites??? and from the local market ;)

[/quote]

Thats great. There was a discussion between me and my son, I was telling amazon do not send items to Pakistan and he was telling they send books to Pakistan. u resolved it.

[/quote]

hi mtrtrk

nice answer bro

btw i am at the brink of buying a new book from amazon uk bcz the overall price there including shipping is less than that at the american store but my problem is also the same as the op. u say u have bought books from amazon i want to know whether other than shipping will i be taxed locally e.g any customs duty or whatever? i know u said books are not taxed which is a relief to hear honestly the shipping costs more than the actual thing in many cases.

so to be sure plz can u again confirm that and when was the last time u ordered a book from them? the book i am importing is 15p+9P of shipping. vat is not applicable bcz i am outside e.u

also if u know anything about electronics and computer stuff like gaming cards or gaming console like a ps4 for example will it have customs duty in pakistan other than the shipping ofcourse and will i have to personally clear it or does amazon handles that as well

I haven't used amazon.uk but have used amazon.com. So, I don't know if the policies are the same.
Over the past 3-4 years, I have ordered a number of books from amazon. I haven't been charged any local taxes or custom duties. I think if you look at the Pak Customs Tariff (may not be the most up to date) page 229, it lists the custom duties on books as 0. Special books/documents like music sheets, maps etc. have some custom duty.
For some of the shipments I have had to pay no extra money. For others, a nominal amount like 20 or 40 rupees at most.
I think sometimes they are charged handling fees (many books; big package) by Pakistan Post (because once the shipment came to Pakistan, at the very end it was delivered by our local post).
Last time I ordered books from Amazon.com was in April, 2014. Since you are ordering from amazon.uk, so hopefully your package will arrive quicker. For me, some of my shipments were late by about a month. So, I switched from standard to expedited shipping. Even then, occasionally the books arrive later than the estimated date. However, none of my shipments have disappeared. Eventually all shipments have made it to me, some sooner, some later. Amazon's customer service was excellent. It has happened a couple of times that my package hadn't arrived even 2 weeks after estimated date. Amazon refunded my money on their own. When I later informed them that the books had arrived, they charged me for the books but waived the shipping fees (very nice of them, hope people don't abuse this policy).
As I said, amazon.com won't ship electronic items to Pakistan. I don't know policies of amazon.uk. Even if they do ship to Pakistan, I think Pak Customs will charge some duty (I don't think its amazon's job to clear customs). Also electronic items are more risky than books. More chances of the package disappearing. Sorry can't help you with info about electronics because I have never ordered any.
EDIT: I don't think amazon uk delivers electronics etc. to Pakistan. Have a look at their restrictions page for international orders direct from amazon.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201337930

thanks a lot of info in ur answer

but as far as all the electronic items are concerned i think u are a bit mistaken they can ship to our country but that ultimately depends on the product we want and if one is logged in to amazon and then goes to the product page it is written clearly that they will or wll not ship that particular item to Pakistan

but thanks anyway i still havent ordered the book but i think i should bcz the book here is like 4500 and from amazon inlcuding shipping is like 3900 so it makes sense

does any one know ;) about the custom charges???

Amazon Good buying and selling marketing