Online Fraud in Pakistan

Dr Raza, I feel for you. Personally I would never buy from such online shops which sell such replicas. They're also new in town so buying anything from a new online shop is always risky.

As for the second issue being discussed, IMO it would be unfair to call them a fraudulent website. There are satisfied users as well along with dissatisfied. I guess Imran is not aware of the real reason why the seals were broken - obviously by the customs to inspect the product & to charge customs duty, as from what I can guess, these guys order things from foreign website and get them shipped normally.

thanks for informing me abt homeshopping.pk fraud , coz i was going to buy tablet from them !!

This symbois.pk is fraud company. I bought from them an ultra compact keyboard but they send me a normal fold able computer keyboard which is easily available in my market for just 1000. And they charged me 2500 for that item and didn't send me product for which i placed an order. Don't buy anything from them and you can search from the web for their other frauds too. Even when placing an order i talked to the guy that it should be the same as shown on their website but they prove themselves as they are the real cheaters. Now i will launch an sms campaign to aware the people about these cheaters

Symbios.pk is a diagnosed fraud site. In fact, from my own experience, any website which sends you sealed items and doesnt allow you to inspect before making payments is a questionable website and should be avoided at all costs. I once bought a small keyboard for my tablet device from symbios.pk and the item when arrived was not in working condition. It was plainly dead.

At the moment, in my opinion and therefore not necessary, that others also subscribe to my opinions, homeshopping at least offers you to inspect items before making payments and that is a good point. My Boss purchased an Iphone 4 from them, and the exeprence was good, then in march 2010 I bought a Galaxy Tab from them, they allowed me to check it before making payments, and later I bought a capacitative stylus for ipad, which I checked before paying and it was NOT working, so I returned it without making payment and they accepted it.

So I think the best option for online shopping are those companies that offer you to inspect your items physicaly before making payments, and you can buy to your satisfaction.

rest of these chinese stuufed websites are for sure, more than 1000% Fraud websites. Stay away at all costs is the end note

I have had bought sonyericsson Xperia neo v, from homeshoping.pm, cash on delivery.checked the set thoroughly before making payment. good job homeshoping.pk

You are rite i guess this fraud is increasing day by day in Pakistan and many people are becoming victims, but i feel we make mistakes on our ends as well, before going to do online shopping you should be careful and we should look up for some basic things we should atleast look for that do they have any PTCL registered numbers or not if they do have it means they are not spammers or they won't be doing any scam because they are registered through any govt company, well even i have shopped once online from symbios.pk, i was worried about these consequences so i asked the people that should i go for online shopping from this company, i got mixed answers some told me to go for it some said don't buy online ,well after those i looked for some things i found that they have PTCL connections plus UAN number so i felt its obvious that they are registered organization and after that i bought an instyler, they delivered it in a day and uptill now its working perfectly.

^ first Fraud formed in Pakistan, by whom? don't know but they were probably belongs to Lahore city

I read that in a book

indeed most of the online shopping companies in pakistan r fraud. i bought a iphone replica mobile from mobilenmobile which seazed working after 3 weeks. i also bought a replica mobile from symbios.pk. when i received the parcel, i witnessed that the usb charger was not working and memory card was also lacking inspite of being written so. i recently had another bad online shopping experience with home shopping.pk. i orderd samsung galaxy tab 10.1 refurbished. the homeshopping admn contacted me by saying this that i have to deposit 10% of whole payment as advance in order to carry out my order. i deposited the money in their Bank Alfalah aacount which was also conformed by them. Soon after that, i had to cancell my order for some personnel reasons so i contacted the admn of homeshopping.pk to cancell my order. they cancelled my order and emailed me for information. they also asked my acct details for return of my deposited money. i provided them my accounts details and started waiting but nothing happened for couple of days. i again contacted the admn of homeshopping to ask the reason but they came up with lame excusses and some time not attended my calls. though i lost my money but i learned a good lesson. i advise all of my brothers and sisters not to make advance payment while shopping with such questionalble online shops. always insist on cash on deleivery and that too after through checking of the desired product.

Better to avoid online shops if you are living in urban cities, go-check and buy. What is the point in online shopping? especially in Pakistan. I went to shop something at Hafeez center Lahore and argued with few shop owners regarding homeshopping.pk low prices, all told their products are used or refurbished. Why no one in Hafeez centre sell at their price? their point of view.

Even the authorize dealers or resellers in Pak are sorry to say not trustworthy. Went to buy Nikon DSLR remote from authorize shop, it was PKR 3000 and made in china. Same model then I purchased from other shop for PKR 800. Then I showed it to Nikon guy, he had no answer of his price.

What you see in Metro/Makro espcially for TV's, Cameras, DVD players, laptops with much discount, always cross check as reality may be different.

Like every sector of Pakistan, not much genuine people are there in consumer electronics to make a lasting impression.

My personal good experience is with myshop (former ishop) and since 2006 I didn't find issue of price or after sales service.

The scammers at homeshopping.pk will tell you that they buy factory sealed phones from foreign markets and open them inside pakistan to inspect them.

if you ask them to show you the purchase proof, they will tell you that they "import" (lolz) in bulk and documents are confidential.ahahahahah

I told them to "inspect" it in my presence and lol...Excuses and all that b.s. but no way would they agree to my demand.

Sometimes, they will tell you that boxes are opened by customs official. Had these officials been so efficient, terrorists would not have been able to bring their stuff inside Pak.

I have tried to sift through import general dossiers of FBR and never found any entry of homeshopping.pk import.

I dont know why dont people go to consumer courts? I bet, hsn will be naked within days.

I have yet to find an honest shopkeeper. We are living in a country where people sell fake life saving drugs. Talk about honesty. The word Pakistani has become synonomus to fraudster.

@Tractable

MyShop? Those who remove RAM sticks in order to sell them as an add-on? Have you ever had to file warranty claim?

And let me tell you that at least once, they were found guilty in consumer courts. I read on Express tribune quite some time ago.

No one is honest. Not even those who sell ice at road sides.

^

any online link for (I have tried to sift through import general dossiers of FBR and never found any entry of homeshopping.pk import.)

Online links are not updated regularly. However,

http://o.fbr.gov.pk/newcu/igm/igm.asp?view=ExternalLink&ActionID=%20&ArticleID=

[quote=“hawker, post:30, topic:14739”]

@Tractable

MyShop? Those who remove RAM sticks in order to sell them as an add-on? Have you ever had to file warranty claim?

And let me tell you that at least once, they were found guilty in consumer courts. I read on Express tribune quite some time ago.

[/quote]

I am surprised to know this but their is no argument in their favor and your bad experience has a weightage. I have been dealing for laptops with them for me and friends. Never claimed warranty, but sometimes had software issue which came as a package with windows like Dell’s own camera program. Guys their helped for re-installing and seems kind enough in that.

What a pity, no reliable place to shop :(.

If you are in Lahore and like to buy something related to desktops, check with Panorama Hafeez centre. I am buying from there since last 11 years, and know few people who buy in bulk from their and resale in Multan and Rahimyarkhan with +ve feedback.

[quote=“hawker, post:30, topic:14739”]

The scammers at homeshopping.pk will tell you that they buy factory sealed phones from foreign markets and open them inside pakistan to inspect them.

if you ask them to show you the purchase proof, they will tell you that they “import” (lolz) in bulk and documents are confidential.ahahahahah

I told them to “inspect” it in my presence and lol…Excuses and all that b.s. but no way would they agree to my demand.

Sometimes, they will tell you that boxes are opened by customs official. Had these officials been so efficient, terrorists would not have been able to bring their stuff inside Pak.

I have tried to sift through import general dossiers of FBR and never found any entry of homeshopping.pk import.

I dont know why dont people go to consumer courts? I bet, hsn will be naked within days.

I have yet to find an honest shopkeeper. We are living in a country where people sell fake life saving drugs. Talk about honesty. The word Pakistani has become synonomus to fraudster.

@Tractable

[/quote]

I bought a phone and a tablet (both android) from home shopping network. After a stats check I could see that the phone was used for 2 hours and the tablet was used for 30 mins. At least I am satisfied with them, would definately buy from them again.

Before making the purchases I did read about their scams from people who had not purchased anything from them. I only read good reviews about them from people who actually bought something from them.

Hi Assalam-o-aliekum

Guys this is inform to you be aware of this 03363584784 adress: House No. R/4 , Street no 2, near EFU life Thul District jacoabad sindh

email hira0075@live.com is a fraud girls but he is a boy

buy online items mostly in olx and says first delivery the items i can send you money my papa is in army i cant fraud with you

so kindly aware this guy

regard

abdul basit

www.facebook.com/tacticgear

Thanks for the heads up, I never liked the idea of online shopping anyway, its for lazy people.

Shopper.pk is best Online Shopping site in Pakistan.

I have experience of online shopping with beliscity, Symbios.pk and shophive. To me, Beliscity is best and most reliable.

Something similar happened. A company (haroonia or haroon traders or something) is posting on OLX.. since its cash on delivery, I thought of giving it a try..

Ordered a replica watch for 900. Postman took 50 rupees bhatta… when I opened the box, sure there was the watch. But pic qas obviously not the same. Khair, not much of an issue. But the things/description written on the site didnt match the watch. When I called them, they said “copy ma to yehi hota hay” I was like features orig ka kioun likhay phir!

Khair, got my lesson. Sastay ma bachat… I could have gotten the same watch from saddar for 200. Lols. My laziness cost me extra 750 (excluding petrol).

Now I only do person to person online buying (where we can inspect before buying) or go physically to the market (which is always better, price n quality wise)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I bought a Samsung Ativ SmartPC Netbook from homeshopping.pk yesterday and the product was shipped fast.. BUT!!! I ordered a brand new and I got a used one. The device has pixel problem, the IMEI on the box sticker doesn't match with the IMEI on the device and when I try to charge it it wouldn't charge and when i unplug the charger it powers off! i got ripped off! :(
I tried calling Homeshopping customer service and they wouldn't pick up. They have been ignoring my calls constantly... I don't recommend homeshopping.pk to anyone! BE WARE!!!