One partition has become read Only

I have 160GB of hard disk with 3 partitions. I have set security rights for some folders on E:. But when I have installed new window, the E: has become read only. I can only read data neither data is written nor deleted from that partition.

Can any one solve my problem??????

Reset the permissions.

Worst comes to worst, use a Linux Live CD to move the data.

^which operating system are you using?

If you are using windows 7 then the rights can be changed by following procedure

right click the Drive>properties>Security>from the upper box Select the user name you are using> Click Edit>from the lower Box select the rights you want to give to the specific user.

then click apply ok and once again apply ok. and you are DONE!

I have 160GB of hard disk with 3 partitions. I have set security rights for some folders on E:. But when I have installed new window, the E: has become read only. I can only read data neither data is written nor deleted from that partition.

Can any one solve my problem??????

Reset the permissions.

Worst comes to worst, use a Linux Live CD to move the data.

^which operating system are you using?

If you are using windows 7 then the rights can be changed by following procedure

right click the Drive>properties>Security>from the upper box Select the user name you are using> Click Edit>from the lower Box select the rights you want to give to the specific user.

then click apply ok and once again apply ok. and you are DONE!

@Ahmsun:

I am using windows XP, so give me some suggestions regarding windws XP....:(

^instructions are same for winXP.

Friend,

The security option in the drive properties is not showing.....

What is the Format of drive? Is it Fat32. Then convert it to NTFS.

Go to command Prompt and type

convert X: /fs:ntfs

here X is the drive letter you want to format.

Now you'll ask will this format my drive! No the data on that drive will not be lost.

When the drive is converted into NTFS then the security tab will show up.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313222

Download the fix file. It will restore security settings to the default settings.