OMG, you Gaeeiz. :)

I agree with your praise of desktops but the setup you have is too expensive for Wire. I find troubling the South Asian legacy of leaving shizz behind. Lots of people had to leave their homes behind when Pakistan was created and I wonder, will the next migration involve leaving desktops behind? That haunts many computer users, which is why laptops are so popular, especially in "never settled" Pakistan. I needs to know the 'time to break even' on a new desktop setup, so I can leave the desktop behind with no regret when I move.On the other hand, Wire worries about delaying the purchase and stuff like primo desktop components getting more expensive if a lot of fools get into big-rigs for e-currency mining and other stupid stuff. Never underestimate the stupidity of the human spirit.

The other problem is electricity. A desktop needs a UPS rather than a pop-in battery. What is your estimate of the cost of running your computer system all the time versus not running it at all? Do you have to run extra cooling (like a fan)? How many fans in the case? Don't tell me you have a raised floor computer room with 24/7 air conditioning. :o

Nope.. FARHAN is a poor man.. he doesnot have as much money as you think.. for farhan , this desktop and ups has been all he has ever spent on himself, including clothes and petrol and food.. his life buget division for a year is 70% PC and music and 30% for rest of his life.. luckily Farhan was able to use his previous desktop setup of a c2d system for almost 4 years , until the PRECIOUS brokes downs..then farhan had no choices but to renew his precioussss with new CPU and mobo plus Ramzz...otherwise he was a happy hobit with his previous Precious too..

as for the UPS, that was a necessary evil.. cost me nearly 80k+ for a one time setup.. but half of the cost of batteries has already been repaid over the previous ups, as prevous desi ups had a 1 year battery life cycle, including square wave output and damage to LCD and PSU possible.. this APC saves all my PC rom voltage problems, and also battery life will be atleast 2 years, thus savings, and in future only batteries will need replacement as UPS is already there.. i would prefer a Dry battery next time so i can let it stay for over 5 years tesnion free. :)

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:22, topic:20483”]

Nope.. FARHAN is a poor man.. he doesnot have as much money as you think.. for farhan , this desktop and ups has been all he has ever spent on himself, including clothes and petrol and food.. his life buget division for a year is 70% PC and music and 30% for rest of his life.. luckily Farhan was able to use his previous desktop setup of a c2d system for almost 4 years , until the PRECIOUS brokes downs..then farhan had no choices but to renew his precioussss with new CPU and mobo plus Ramzz...otherwise he was a happy hobit with his previous Precious too..

[/quote]

17739cc6c436e0c3a33a2f99eee2ded2.jpg

Nuff said. :P

P.S. If you don't know what I'm referring to, then... #dealwithit

who the f*** is that b****.

Sorry for the language . :rolleyes:

^ There was a tv serial on Star Plus "Sajan Ghar Jana Hai", in which her character "Sarla" used to refer to herself in 3rd-person just like how Farhan did. :P

Now don't ask me how i know about that. #badmemories

^

980.gif

You telling me you watched star Plus! :blink:
a moment of silence for Upsilon.

@farhan_ds

you didn't share pics with us, you ashamed of it or what?

i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymo

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:27, topic:20483”]

You telling me you watched star Plus! :blink:

a moment of silence for Upsilon.

[/quote]

The show aired right around dinner time, and most of the women of my household just had to watch the show... The rest just had to tolerate that crap. -_-

Funny thing is I've also watched most of Star Plus's other 'famous' shows like Saas bhi kabhi bahu thi and Kahin to hoga for this very reason. :rolleyes:

But oh well, those were still better than playing COD or AC games IMO. :P

@ahsum

it is just there are guests resident in our house for the past week, so icouldnt get around snapping stuff... i barely managed to fiinish bioshock in that time.. pics will be coming soon.. sorry for the delay

@upsilon..

did you even read wire`s last post on previous page?

@uspilon

[quote="Upsilon, post:29, topic:20483"]

The show aired right around dinner time, and (A-) most of the women of my household just had to watch the show... The rest just had to tolerate that crap. -_-

Funny thing is (B-) I've also watched most of Star Plus's other 'famous' shows like Saas bhi kabhi bahu thi and Kahin to hoga for this very reason. :rolleyes:

But oh well, those were still better than playing COD or AC games IMO. :P

[/quote]

(C-) apparently most of the women in your house are still watching star plus..

A=B=C means A=C..

Deduce yourself :D

^ Actually, no. They've recently switched to watching Pakistani dramas which IMO are quite a few level above. :rolleyes:

BTW, how much does your display cost?

Just to give saara to Dr Sahib, here's a case I got 5 years back with my system :lol:

Even after all these years, the !@#$% is good as new B)

46550_426486932815_3853272_n.jpg

Pardon the #$%# photo, as I had a really crappy phone back then :(

[quote="farhan_ds, post:30, topic:20483"]

did you even read wire`s last post on previous page?

[/quote]

I was channeling The Rock.

And what about those jpegs. For example:

bill-gates-19831.jpg

My previous casing lasted almost 10 years.. from august 2003 to july 2013..

this one was new for 1200.. i got it almost new for 500 only :)... works.. i am fine with it.. casings provide no benefits.

@upsilon.

you didnt get the equation :P

as for display, i bought it for 58k .....with a 7.5k retail price wifi dongle from Sony. at quarter price due to promotional deal.

it was one of the best NON chinese, full hd 32inch display.. those 32 inchers at 35-40k are 720p at max, and only work at 1024x768 or 1366 resolution for vga input.... none of which is standard for windows vista and above..bought in april i think... thinking of selling it though for a larger one..

@wire

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU CHANNEL....KNOW YOUR ROLE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH (jk)

@Farhan, whatever makes you happy, all's im saying!

"shauq ka koi mol nae" to say the least but buddy , you have a bit of vintage approach on PC/Entertainment systems as far as i have known you through the past posts. My laptop uses 18W when idle/browsing etc and maxes out at 40W when im using the high performance GPU , and the batteries are Li-Po instead of Li-Ion , max i got out of it was 7 hours 34 minutes just putting it out there so you know what you're missing.