Okeeyy Suxxorzzz.. here is what you have been waiting for :)

I know it was promised last year, but was very late at this.. good news is, in compensation, there are a few new tricks surprises up in here as well this time..got one new item to add to my PC..

behold, Feast your eyes in the glory of my Pc upgrades made after 6 years almost..

There is my beloved Sony 32in Full HD LCD..the apple of my Eye :love: Still brand new and basking in all its glory (the pics dont do it justice, it is majestic in size and pic quality .. Awww yeaaahhh...!!!)

20131220_150230_zpsb8b05885.jpg

20131219_090045_zpsc3457c7b.jpg

here are the specs of my current PC after recent Upgrades..

Intel haswell 4570 at 3.2 Ghz.

Gigabyte H87 HD3 Motherboard.. ( it is Completely black, low light flash on my phone camera makes it look brown, but is JET BLACK.. and super sexy)

Corsair Force 3 GT SSD 240GB

Corsair DDR3 8GB ram

Creative X-Fi extreme music..for..well.. heavy duty music..!! you can see a glimpse of the 1100 Watt amp in the LCD pic as well

20140107_180824_zpsdf06abd7.jpg

20140107_180801_zps2d20a190.jpg

20140107_180837_zps8fc0f419.jpg

20140107_180816_zps0d98ed67.jpg

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddd...........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continued in next post..

hqdefault.jpg

Upgraded my trusty old but still great ...

GTX 460 1GB (available for sale if anyone interested, boxed and all accesories)

to

Drum Roll.....!!!!!

HIS Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition 2GB version, just last night :) this card is Huge.. i mean like Really really huge.. almost over a foot long, and weighs in atleast 1kg, or so i think.. its the ICEQ X edition with a 20% larger heatsink base and metal pipes all inside and out for super cooling chilling.. its supposed to be 25 C cooler than reference and 17db quiter.. which is apparently true as i dont hear anything in my pc except the bloody CPU fan.... even changed my PSU fan just a month ago, from its generator level rattling vibration and noise to a sleeping baby.. now i sleep like a baby even while the pc runs all night ..:D

Also, it is the zero core HD series, which means it shuts down when the pc is idle or in desktop to as low as 15W, and when aero is disabled in idle pc, even fan shuts down and goes to 1W power only.. Faak you Wapda..!!!

20140107_180553_zps9e3fee6e.jpg

20140107_180737_zps068c34dd.jpg

20140107_180713_zps99b6da2b.jpg

20140107_180730_zpseea7546d.jpg

20140107_180713_zps99b6da2b.jpg

20140107_180944_zps5663400c.jpg

20140107_180906_zpse3d7c290.jpg

[url=http://s355.photobucket.com/user/farhan_ds/media/20140107_180906_zpse3d7c290.jpg.html]

Congratulations!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

nice upgrades but don't you think that stock processor heatsink fan needed to be upgrade too?

A574oI7.jpg

Congrats on the HD 7870, next thing you need to do is get a single large space hard rather than these 4 HDDs.
Now with that screen and HD7870 gaming would be more awesome. :)

and also with the "vaseline" on your desk. :rolleyes: IYKWIM! :D

[quote=“tramper, post:3, topic:20660”]

Congratulations!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

[/quote]

THANK YOU :)

[quote="Faisal, post:5, topic:20660"]

A574oI7.jpg

[/quote]

payaan, mennu nai chaii da....Tussi apna cup wapis mor k le lo...!!!

[quote="Ahmsun, post:6, topic:20660"]

Congrats on the HD 7870, next thing you need to do is get a single large space hard rather than these 4 HDDs.

Now with that screen and HD7870 gaming would be more awesome. :)

[/quote]

Those are not just 4 hdds.. those are 2TB Seagate, 2 TB WD, 1 TB WD,.. and games and Windows boot Corsair 240GB SSD.. there werent any bigger available then, there arent any bigger now, since 4TB is 2x the price of 3TB and 3TB has problems initializing in all windows except windows 8 and i dont plan to upgrade to that..

out of these the 1TB WD is for sale so i can put a bigger one..

my main purpose of getting the 7870 was primarily the 2D features of ATI, which have always ALWAYS blasted away nvidia,.. since i plan to rehash my entire viewing system to an 80+ inch in the mid to end of this year inshallah, the advance 2D and 3D video features of ATI were exactly what i needed for that installation planned... if my home system rehashing gets delayed to 2015 till then i could save more money for it,, ..then the 2GB ram buffer would help in 4K resolutions, which i may be using by that time on that display..

as for gaming, i am currently testing resident evil 6 and batman Arkham origins on it, .. just yesterday i was on FSAA x2 AA on that batman game with everything else maxed out, today i was MSAA 8x. and game was fine , smooth with everything maxxed out....the DX11 effects with MSAA makes the game a lot more visually appealing, though performance wise, i didnot see that much of a gain upgrading 3 generations of Cards..Resident evil was already full maxed out at 1080p on GTX460 and so was Bioshock infinite which is by far one of the most taxing games i have ever played, proving that GTX460, (Available for sale) is a beast of a card./ Still Champ..

i would try tombraider next after i finish Batman, to see what the Ttress FX fuss is all about.. on nvidia it didnt work, since it is not supported.. lets see what tomb raider brings to the table with the 7870.. :)

[quote=", post:4, topic:20660"]

nice upgrades but don't you think that stock processor heatsink fan needed to be upgrade too?

[/quote]

i would love to, that piece of crap is the only noisy thing in my system right now, unfortunately i dont know if just the fan could be changed alone without breaking assembly of the entire heat sink.. i am not into OC at all, and i am not willing to spend anything on a custom heat sink.. that is a waste of money..i will stick with stock , unless i can change just the fan alone..which seems tricky cz the stock fan is temperature sensitive to start and shutdown , some intel trickery involved, ...

if however you know any method just to replace this temperature sensitive fan , i would be extreme grateful to you, or anybody.. :)

You should remain with that stock fan, its way better than these crappy new fans.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:7, topic:20660”]

which seems tricky cz the stock fan is temperature sensitive to start and shutdown , some intel trickery involved, …

[/quote]

AFAIK, the stock Intel fan is typically just a fan with RPM feedback but no heat sensing. The actual thermal sensor is on-die (processor). The motherboard just takes that info and sets the fan speed according to current temperature.

Ma'sha'Allah. Beautiful rig bro.

Btw. In the pics I see you are holding your graphic card wrong, you should not touch the circuit board, the static electricity may damage the card

I stopped reading after this :lol:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

my main purpose of getting the 7870 was primarily the 2D features of ATI, which have always ALWAYS blasted away nvidia
[/quote]

Congrats on the upgrade. Ab tou sticker utaar lay noob :P

very impressive indeed. congratulations

[quote=“Asad, post:9, topic:20660”]

AFAIK, the stock Intel fan is typically just a fan with RPM feedback but no heat sensing. The actual thermal sensor is on-die (processor). The motherboard just takes that info and sets the fan speed according to current temperature.

[/quote]

That could be useful, but since the small fan is part of the plastic frame / assembly, i dont see a way to install a new fan on it without damaging the locks and frame.. if there is a way, please do let me know,..

[quote="nictor, post:10, topic:20660"]

Ma'sha'Allah. Beautiful rig bro.

Btw. In the pics I see you are holding your graphic card wrong, you should not touch the circuit board, the static electricity may damage the card

[/quote]

yes, you are right, but i had already taken all necessary precautions about that before holding and installing it.. .got plenty of stuff to safeguard electrical equipment.. Daily basis work.. :)

[quote="jDk, post:11, topic:20660"]

I stopped reading after this :lol:

[/quote]

Thank you for stopping..

[quote="Myelin, post:12, topic:20660"]

very impressive indeed. congratulations

[/quote]

thanks.. :)

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:8, topic:20660”]

You should remain with that stock fan, its way better than these crappy new fans.

[/quote]

Stocks suck.. btw., there are many sources now from where silent quality fans can be had in lahore , and all major cities now.. since cooling is now a trend, quality fans and brushless DC motors of all powers and sizes (and prices) can be easily purchased.. i just replaced my extremely noisy vibrating PSU 120mm fan with a logic one, and a delta for other PSU.. i dont even know even on closest inspection if they are on.. yet the air flow is fast and cool..

No more chatter for 24hrs I guess celebrations are over.

Time for me congratulate my bro (again). Janu bohat alla system banaya hai app ney. mubarak ho. BTW make some videos of your system in action and share it here cause pics don't do justice for such an expensive endeavor ;)

^ you are right... i had thought about that.. but with youtube banned, and uploading takes long time for an HD video, it would be a big hassle..

if anyone has an existing spare public dailymotion account, lemme know, i will upload on their account..

PS: Celebrations are just starting now for me.. Finished Batman Arkham Origins, and now right now playing Tomb raider.. the level of detail and immersion in this Ultra setting tombraider has me in trance.. Really and litterally.. Nothing since farcry 3 had such a visual impact and that was on the previous card...this one is just awesomer n a much higher level.

PPS: Thankyou for your decent congratulations.. Finally :)

Just so you know :)

13632141234v2TkTbPdM_5_7.jpg

How much did you pay for that 7870 ?

^ Just so you know... i dont care.. all my latest games run at the highest possible ultra settings with zero lag and above 45 fps all the time.. i could absolutely care less what every other behemoth card could do with 500 fps rate rendering.. for what its worth, it is my prize jewel which does wayy more than i paid for;... and i paid a very very smart amount for it ;)

@topic # everyone

Just ran COD Ghosts at max settings with 8x MSAA and all things at highest, and it ran smoooooth like butter.. :)... so did Tomb raider with ultra settings.. and DAMMMMMMMMMM... @!!! that tomb raider looks soo lush...like being inside a survival movie.. it is just awesome... :D

Run that benchmark, will ya ? :ph34r:

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:7, topic:20660”]

Those are not just 4 hdds.. those are 2TB Seagate, 2 TB WD, 1 TB WD,.. and games and Windows boot Corsair 240GB SSD.. there werent any bigger available then, there arent any bigger now, since 4TB is 2x the price of 3TB and 3TB has problems initializing in all windows except windows 8 and i dont plan to upgrade to that..

[/quote]

what kind of problems with big hard drives in windows 7???