OKay, I'm fed up with High ping

I've been playing on alteriwnet servers which are hosted somewhere in France [OVH] something... although their servers are pretty fast connection wise and hardware wise, cuz of the distance, all or most asian, !@#$ players definitely face high ping. My friends and I all are facing ping upto 300 which is no fun when you've being killed only because of the ping. My mission? Setup my servers on which my buddies, hopefully the whole pakistan can connect to for gaming..

problem, I have no experiece in setting up a servers. Though they have a neat tutorial setting up the server, I need first... A SERVER!

Financial cost is no problem for me right now.. I just want to know how to do it..then i'm try to finance is from internally and externally.. :)

Are there any dedicated server companies in pakistan? Anyone recommend one?

MBL is deciding to do it. Check their forum. And i regret to have wasted money on buying the game :( The game lobbies are full of cheaters besides the high pings.

Well.. I tried of waiting for MBL to decide. Do you know any servers which can host the game here in Pakistan? Like a good company... hopefully..the funds will be paid by donations... I just need to find a provider...

there is server out!! pkgs.com!

Only 2 to 3 companies gives dedicated servers in pakistan, If u live in lahore than i recommend u creativeON.com , visit and analyse if u satisfied than contact . best of luck yr plan

^^ Creativeon sells US servers. There is no local hosting industry because bandwidth is too costly here. 99.9% of Pakistani hosting providers resell US or european servers.

Only PTCL sells Pakistani hosting and you can be sure a dedicated server will be very expensive and customer support will suck balls. In fact you don't even need a dedicated server unless you have 1000s of players. You could well do with a Virtual Private Server or VPS but I doubt anyone in PTCL knows how to setup a VPS. Lack of qualified labour is also a problem here in Pakistan.

LAN gaming is your only option. Get together with friends and game at one location.

Running a server? first thing you need is a symmetric bandwidth.

Since you mentioned 'Money is not an issue' , how about opening up a data cente ... while we at it, we can make some money while you are playing your game. ;)

:D

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Only 2 to 3 companies gives dedicated servers in pakistan, If u live in lahore than i recommend u creativeON.com , visit and analyse if u satisfied than contact . best of luck yr plan
[/quote]

They provide local servers? I never heard they open a data center in Lahore. Good to see if they open a local data center.

OP: I think you need to contact PTCL and ask for local dedicated server as currently they are not providing VPS.