Ok i give up , Confiker u suck!

i am using linkdot net and suffering very badly from this confiker , yes i applied all pathes ,scanned my pc for 2-3 time (full scans) ,then done complete nod3s virus check scan , not even a single threat was found ut when i browse internet its very slow and most common syntom of cornfiker i cant open any microsoft.com website , which indicates that i still have this weired worm ,

beside that i am unable to open my aztech login page at all its not accessable at all i am trying all adresses like :

aztech

localhost

etc

etc ....

i am calling linkdotnet support for almost 6 hours now and they never responded at all , was able to hear their warning though regarding cornfiker...

any cure ??? how can i access my aztech router?????? plz help

+ last night i reset the modem too with pin method but still ....

http://www.mylink.net.pk/Announcement/AnnouncementDetails.aspx?AnnouncementId=68

Did you try out all these things? PTCL CSR told me to format my PC altogether...

u should have updated ur virus definitions early...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i am using linkdot net and suffering very badly from this confiker , yes i applied all pathes ,scanned my pc for 2-3 time (full scans) ,then done complete nod3s virus check scan , not even a single threat was found ut when i browse internet its very slow and most common syntom of cornfiker i cant open any microsoft.com website , which indicates that i still have this weired worm ,

beside that i am unable to open my aztech login page at all its not accessable at all i am trying all adresses like :

aztech

localhost

etc

etc …

i am calling linkdotnet support for almost 6 hours now and they never responded at all , was able to hear their warning though regarding cornfiker…

any cure ??? how can i access my aztech router??? plz help

[/quote]

before posting try to chq the posts related to this issue , any ways repeating again .

http://mylink.net.pk/Announcement/AnnouncementDetails.aspx?AnnouncementId=68

follow the above given link.

TIP : if you are unable to access 192.168.1.1 ( modem console ) just plug out telephone wire from modem and then try acessing your problem will be solved.

u should have updated ur virus definitions early…
[/quote]

and for all antivirus users , conficker virus is not recognized by any anti virus till now basically it does not affect any system files , conficker just affect your browsing related issues

There is no such virus in my PC cuz i m able to open all the websites that r supposed to b blocked by this virus, plus the avast antivirus on my PC also didn't detect it and even that patch on the microsoft website was not able to detect any such virus on my PC. But still i m facing problems such as browsing and downloading stops automatically after some time.

The downloading and browsing remains good sometimes and i don't experience any problem even for several hours, and then all of a sudden its starts happening again and the browsing and downloading stops after every 25-30 mins.

I did every thing that i could. I even followed all the directions provided on the LDN website to cope with this problem but all in vain.

Now what i personally believe is that the problem is not with my PC but there is something definitely wrong at the back-end of LDN which they always refuse to accept. Curse u LDN.

^ +1

same torture for me too only page via link dont net can be accessed at good speed and thats their payment reminder page...that page loads quickly but i am expecting very slow browsing , but downloading speed is fine .

TIP : if you are unable to access 192.168.1.1 ( modem console ) just plug out telephone wire from modem and then try acessing your problem will be solved.
[/quote]

thanks DjNomi for tip i will try that ,

i am using Windows xp fully updated version same goes for NOD 32 anti virus ,

unfortunately i didnt knew the correct procedure to reset the router , i was pressing the reset button via pin only for once but after bit research i found a way by keep holding that for 10 seconds , that worked !!

i was able to access rotre settings firewall was already checked after that when i started pc again , same thing happened no access to router at all ... should i reset again ?

problem is there in LINK DOT NET system because every other website takes ages to load while this morning i recieved a billing warning which loaded at super blazing speed u can check that too if theres a problem in my pc or modem why it loads ldn website quick and others at very low speed :)

I am facing same problem. There is no virus in my PC but still slow browsing. I can open all websites and can also open my router home page.

ok so whats the patch for this virus

though i am not infected yet but for precautionary measures...

any link..

^ You can have it from LDN website using the following link:

http://mylink.net.pk/Announcement/AnnouncementDetails.aspx?AnnouncementId=68

any 64 bit link?

problem is there in LINK DOT NET system because every other website takes ages to load while this morning i recieved a billing warning which loaded at super blazing speed u can check that too if theres a problem in my pc or modem why it loads ldn website quick and others at very low speed :)
[/quote]

well now they found a excuse to give to their users who ask about slow browsing which was always there in LDN, now even if you dont have any virus they are going to tell you to get rid of viruses blah blah

^ +1 , sure confiker spread on 1st april and i am experiencing bad speed from 24 march

well now they found a excuse to give to their users who ask about slow browsing which was always there in LDN, now even if you dont have any virus they are going to tell you to get rif viruses blah blah

[/quote]

what about PTCL ?? dont try to make every point which go against LDN, yes i admit in some points teher are issues but every point does not show that PTCL and other ISPS are doing a great job regarding this conficker issues.

^ first off lets make this clear the virus is on client side not server side

so if there is a problem its on the ppl computer

now if a person like me who uses linux and therefore conficker has no effect and then a LDN CSR tells me that its coz of virus thats an excuse

what about PTCL ?? dont try to make every point which go against LDN, yes i admit in some points teher are issues but every point does not show that PTCL and other ISPS are doing a great job regarding this conficker issues.
[/quote]

i dont use ptcl so i think i dont have a right to review their service where as i am using LDN and i formatted my pc on network reset the router 10-15 times but still browsing stuck regularly beside that only link dot service pages load and lightning fast speed so if i had internal bug there should be a delay to load those pages too …

[/quote]

oh well this goes for every ISP but especially LDN :D

i am sure worldcall CSRs must be having a blast right now :D

try this

http://download.eset.com/special/EConfickerRemover.exe

and read this

http://www.eset.eu/press-conficker-removal-april-1

http://www.eset.eu/press-conficker-continues