OffroadPakistan forums hacked [old news]

Back when the WiredPakistan forums had been hacked, someone also hacked the Offroadpakistan.com forums. They had both been running about the same version of punbb, so could have been the same person.

Since those forums had a lot less info, I was still getting email backups and thus not much was last unlike these forums.

Late post, since this happened months ago, but I was going through the database backup and just noted that while the person cleaned out this entire forum, on that one they did very selective removal, removing about 25 percent of all posts and users.

Not sure why I didn't post this before, but at that time was busy trying to put WP back online...

And before anyone asks, I've put a multiple database backup system in place, so even if the entire website is trashed, will be able to restore it after a new reinstall. Heck, I even bought a external hard drive to back up my pc - backups, backups and backups!

backups are very important!

but 1st of all site security counts. it's the most important task to be done by the site owner and management and most of pakistani website are failed in it. it's not hard to down most of them,

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

but 1st of all site security counts. it’s the most important task to be done by the site owner and management and most of pakistani website are failed in it. it’s not hard to down most of them,
[/quote]

I am sure you have nothing else to do … :confused:

There was a study which said most regular websites - i.e like this one, not large ones backed by a tech team, are all easily hackable if someone really wants to do so.

Now why would someone wanna hack a forum that deals in old war torn jeeps, random people and beautiful pictures... hehe

somebody has got a grudge on you KO.... or they might a have put on a curse for the websites