Offline Downloading

Dear Managment why dont we start a topic about offline downloading... i have a PCI Card skystar 2.6 and i am downloading data through eutalsat w3... i wish we start a topic about offline downloading.....

I'm not sure what you're talking about exactly. But it seem you've already started a topic about offline downloading!

Also, do not make multiple identical threads. I deleted the other one. Please read the rules: http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/misc.php?action=rules

offline downloading ???

Sorry for my multiple threads.... Let's discus aba offline downloading.....

Offline downloading or Satellite fishing (grabing)! What is it?

To understand data grabing you must know how satellite communication works. To send data to satellites (can be any data) we use an Uplink Station which are located here on earth. The satellite in the Sky receives the data and then it retransmits it to the earth. This works perfectly for Video channels. But the uplink can contain any kind of data so why not use it for internet. But it works a bit differently than conventional internet where you send and receive data on the same line. In satellite internet you uplink data through your local internet (Dial-UP, ISDN,ADSL) and get the downstream from satellite. Why this complicated procedure why not use Uplink and Downlink from the satellite? It can be done but requires expensive equipment so every one cant afford such uplink hardware therefore we use the local uplink (normal dial-up) and then get the data (downloads) through satellite.

To get connected to the internet through satellites you will need the following:

a) Computer with a PC-DVB PCI card

B) Dish pointed towards a satellite which contains data channels.

with these setup you will be required to pay a subscription for your access and you have the ability to BROWSE!

Now this same dvb Pc cards or boxes are use for satellite tv reception and so if you happen to have one for FTA purposes then with the correct software and provided your dish is pointed to a satellite with a data transponder then you can literally benefit from the data transmissions (leech ) at no extra cost.

The data transmission includes all manner of files ranging from documents, movies, mp3's etc.

The programs that are used for the offline downloads can analyze the data to know their extension and hence associate a program to open them.There are quite a number of this programs out there with the authors being ruskies!

You can't BROWSE with this setup! But you can sure have some nice files and programs for free! You also don't have a say in what you get during offline downloading and it may be terminated by the one downloading too!

Equipment Detail

PC

The PC should be at least P3 or P4 with a lot of harddisk space since you can literally fill up 250gb in two days with good grabs or junk depending on how you have set up the fishing software.

The PC should have at least 512mb ram to prevent discontiniuity of your downloads which may come about from interuptions from other programs trying to access the PC memory at the same time - and discontinuities can render some files useless (eg. program or RAR files)

Dvb card

There are quite a number out there like technotrend, Huappage, Avermedia etc. I use a SDMC chip based card and I have put together some resources in respect of my card and hence I can easily give practical help to anyone with my type of card.

Software.

I use Progdvb to watch TV on PC with the card. Progdvb has a module that allows you to fish but you won't be satisfied with the result. There are stand alone programs like Manna, Skynet, Turbograbber, Skygrabber etc.

I have only been successful with Turbograbber as a stand alone program. It is good for beginners but it uses up too much CPU power. Manna is acclaimed to be good -but i haven't had any successes with it yet. Skynet is my program of choice. There is a module for Progdvb which i have been using - it uses less CPU and can easily be configured.

If i would own a LAN network, i would definitely go for it and make my clients happy :)

This stuff is kool and i never heard of it. I will google it more

nice details but why would someone wanna use it when he already have access to internet through DSL and also can you explain this sentence plz You also don't have a say in what you get during offline downloading and it may be terminated by the one downloading too!.

How can we fill 250gb hard drive in 2 days?

Is the download speed real fast?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

How can we fill 250gb hard drive in 2 days?

Is the download speed real fast?

[/quote]

satellite is the fastest you can get

Doston ye humari badkismati hai k hm Information technology main bohot se mumalik se peche hain.... I am Pakistani bt nowadays I job in Iran.... and as well i've Irani nationality.... mene bohot se apne rishtedar jo karachi main muqeem hain offline downloading ke bare main pocha.... kisi ko kch b pata nahn tha... Guys i've been using this technology for 2 years.... and i wonder that why our Pakistani Brothers arn't using this technology...

It's not just for DSL or getting other Internet connection..... U can download data through IP and send your data through satellite....

Yes buddy ofcourse it can fill ur 250GB hard in two days.... Software which is called "SkyNet" we use it for download... has a rules.txt file here u can define that what should "SkyNet" downloads.... If u rule that download everything for example (*.dat/*.mpg/*.rar/*.vob and extra n extra) it can fill 500GB hard in two days..

Buddies u can search about PCI DVB card... there are lots of WebSites and searchengines, has very good information about it......

Aur agar meri information b aap doston ke kaam aai to ye mere khushnasibi hai.. and

Sorry for my mix language..

The current generation is able to do anything what the 1st generation countries can do, we are talented, but its the lack of opportunities thats not letting us go ahead.

This is so outdated, complicated, unnecessary, and really just pain in the butt.

No thanks, I'll stick to my 'online downloading'. ;)

This is so outdated, complicated, unnecessary, and really just pain in the butt.

No thanks, I’ll stick to my ‘online downloading’. ;)

[/quote]

Can you suggest another way to download 500GB/2days ??? Which is not so outdate

No thanks, I’ll stick to my ‘online downloading’. ;)

[/quote]

I agree with you my friend, i would prefer online downloading on my 2mbps dsl connection!

If it's legal, you have to pay subscription fees to the satellites in question and they do have packages. Any other way is illegal, un-necessary and not worth the hassle. Most of the packages provided are usually way more expensive than your local DSL. And you shouldn't be using satellites unless you are in a remote area where there's no DSL coverage at all.

Albeit, it was interesting a few years back.

If it’s legal, you have to pay subscription fees to the satellites in question and they do have packages. Any other way is illegal, un-necessary and not worth the hassle. Most of the packages provided are usually way more expensive than your local DSL. And you shouldn’t be using satellites unless you are in a remote area where there’s no DSL coverage at all.

Albeit, it was interesting a few years back.

[/quote]

yes i agree with ASAD , as i m not sure but as per my info this is illlegal and you can be caught by this , and why people have to refill thier 500 Gb hard in two days , i think donwload as much as you needed , i can even download 200 GB in day in my Office :) ,

but in remote areas that might work , might taliban :D hehe

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OFF TOPIC

but sorry to say

thats why we are getting SLOW downloads on Link.net :)