OEM Kaspersky

I really like Kaspersky Internet Security but it's a pain finding new keys every couple of weeks. I wanted to buy the original version but it's really expensive for $ 60 / year. Most software companies have a special 'South Asian' price, does anyone know anything about it ? I tried emailing the local Kaspersky rep company a week ago to ask but no reply from them.

I read that you can buy cheap licenses from Ebay but you need Paypal for that so :(

Abbas, go to this site and you will be able a 6 month license for free.

well i am emailing you with site where you can working keys try its a good site:

If You Want Legal KasperSky For Just 1200/Year Contact Media International.

With Box its for 3600 . Above Price is For CD Plus License Key

www.mediainternational.pk is their link

Check them Out!

@BathIsland & SaadIbrahhim:

Thanks guys but both don't work for me. I get a 'Can't install expired activation code'. The current key I'm using is not yet blacklisted and it's still valid for 10 months.

@Punk I emailed them, let's see. I checked for Pakistan dealers from the Kaspersky website and came up with infosecurity.com.pk. Got no reply from them though. Are you sure btw this mediainternational is a proper shop/company not a scam type scene ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

@BathIsland & SaadIbrahhim:

Thanks guys but both don’t work for me. I get a ‘Can’t install expired activation code’. The current key I’m using is not yet blacklisted and it’s still valid for 10 months.

[/quote]

strange i got a working key for kaspersky antivirus

there is a guy at isohunt forums. he provides new keys like every 10/12 days.

I got a reply back from the email I sent.

Thank you for your interest in our product.

KIS 7.0 OEM – 1 year : Rs. 4,000/-

KIS 7.0 OEM – 2 years : Rs. 7,200/-

KAV 7.0 OEM – 1 year : Rs. 1,200/-

KAV 7.0 Box – 1 year : Rs. 4,000/-

*KAV = Antivirus, KIS = Internet Security

*KIS 7.0 does not come in box form (too expensive for the consumer)

The same price the website is offering ($60) , nothing OEM or developing country price about it. Then the software companies complain about copyright issues, who the hell can afford to spend Rs. 4,000 in Pakistan on an Internet security software. Back to using hacked keys again then I guess.

The same price the website is offering ($60) , nothing OEM or developing country price about it. Then the software companies complain about copyright issues, who the hell can afford to spend Rs. 4,000 in Pakistan on an Internet security software. Back to using hacked keys again then I guess.

[/quote]

so what were you expecting? a year license in 40 rupees?

keep dreaming :P

If you don't mind a pirated version of KIS 8.0.0.357 that has a working key till 18.3.2009 then dl from http://rapidshare.com/files/114537037/KIS.2009.v8.0.0.357.rar OR http://w15.easy-share.com/1700372595.html. Password for the rar file is www.softarchive.net

If you don’t mind a pirated version of KIS 8.0.0.357 that has a working key till 18.3.2009 then dl from http://rapidshare.com/files/114537037/KIS.2009.v8.0.0.357.rar OR http://w15.easy-share.com/1700372595.html. Password for the rar file is www.softarchive.net
[/quote]

i dont think this is allowed on the forum

so what were you expecting? a year license in 40 rupees?

keep dreaming :P

[/quote]

Lol, no the prices he sent me were the normal international prices of KIS not even OEM. If I wanted to buy at that price I would just buy a key from the Kaspersky website. A lot of software/book vendors sell their products at a cheaper price here in Asia keeping in mind the low income levels so that more people can afford them. It’s not in our psyche to buy software for thousands of ruppess. We just run down to the local computer shop and buy a Rs. 70 DVD with Rs. 500,000 worth of software in it.

I was expecting something like Rs. 1500 for a year long license.

For everyone else’s information for most popular original software there are usually two versions, the boxed packed retail one and just the CD/DVD without any packing or documentation. This is the OEM version, OEM’s on average cost half or 2/3 the price of the retail (These are the versions that come pre-installed on your laptop usually).

An example:

Vista Retail : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116469

Vista OEM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116485

So true na..

1200 Is the OEM Stuff. Why do u need the box etc?

Seems reasonable when the Panda is bit expensive than It!

@taru

Easyshare link isnot working!

kindly check and Post it again

I am unable to enter the correct code in the Rapid Share!

@Punk 1200 is Kaspersky Anti Virus only (KAV), I want Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS) which is Antivirus, Firewall, Spyware scanner plus lots of other things all rolled into one.

@taru

Easyshare link isnot working!

kindly check and Post it again

I am unable to enter the correct code in the Rapid Share!

[/quote]

http://w15.easy-share.com/1700372595.html

here is what i would do, if u *really* have to pay for IS Suite.

1. Get comodo personal firewall. it is probably as good as any firewall u pay for

2. Get the latest spybot search and destroy. it has a resident scanner

3. Get Kaspersky antivirus

I basically use 1+2 and AVG Free, 7.5 or 8 depending on the rig and it's horse power. this is in addition to the router based protection.

i havent had any problems so far.

i really see no reason to pay for Anti-virus software. i have ever only run into one virus (parite .B) that AVG couldnt clean (it did detect and quarantine, but didnt clean).

[/quote]

hey abbas, can u please pass me on the information where to get a legit copy? any phone number, website? may be the email u used? thanks

If You Want Legal KasperSky For Just 1200/Year Contact Media International.

With Box its for 3600 . Above Price is For CD Plus License Key

www.mediainternational.pk is their link

Check them Out!

[/quote]

You can buy from them if you want, the prices were too steep for me so I’m installed a hack. I get free unlimited updates forever.

@taru

Thanks Started Downloading!

@Abbass

I know the guy. Will ask if he can offer u some discount