O & A Level Equivalence Marks Deduction

What is the criteria for deduction of marks for O & A Level Equivalence? I'm confused at the deducing part of the formula. How do they deduct the marks?

FROM IBCC:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

#

In case exact marks of each subject are available, deduction will be made as:

10% deduction will be made on given marks, in case of external examination system.

20% deduction on given marks, in case of internal examination system.

[/quote]

What do they mean by external and internal examination system?

I never understood the manifestation of this inferiority complex of the Pakistani education system. They deduct marks despite it being known fully well that their system is inferior to the British education system. Equivalence demands that O/A Level students gain marks rather than lose them during conversion.

I never understood the manifestation of this inferiority complex of the Pakistani education system. They deduct marks despite it being known fully well that their system is inferior to the British education system. Equivalence demands that O/A Level students gain marks rather than lose them during conversion.
[/quote]

Another reason to hate Pakistan. :expressionless:

Another reason to hate Pakistan. :expressionless:

[/quote]

Not really. Another reason to hate political riff raff called bureaucrats.

well for O & Alevel equivalence calculation check this link

http://www.ibcc.edu.pk/Equivalence/equivalence.asp

I dont know whether the information given on this page is up to date or not...you may wish to call ibcc and ask them if the information is up-to-date, and also tell us...

I remember watching a show on TV where they had invited some IBCC representative and the host questioned him about this inequality, and his reply was along the lines of 'well students that do O/A levels are looking to go abroad to study and if they don't get any admission abroad they look for equivalence certificate, that is not fair on students who did Metric/FSC, so to punish the O/A levelers for turning their back on our local system we deduct marks' :rolleyes: