Nvidia graphic card settings not taking effect!

I just bought a new card (9800 GTX +) . The problem Im having is that when I change my card settings for better image quality .. the changes dont take effect !! The image quality remains same as before ! HELP =( ! I have already tried updating the drivers .. its doin no good ! Basically, the anti-alaising and anistropic filtering settings are not takin effect!

you mean from nVidia control panel> Adjust image settings?

may be the image is not of the great quality and it should remain as it is. a 700MB xvid movie's result gonna be same on 7600GT and 9600GT coz its the limitation of the movie's quality.

Its better to leave them at default. Just enable Highest setting from in game settings.

The settings revert to default if they have not been configured properly.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

you mean from nVidia control panel> Adjust image settings?

may be the image is not of the great quality and it should remain as it is. a 700MB xvid movie’s result gonna be same on 7600GT and 9600GT coz its the limitation of the movie’s quality.

[/quote]

For comparatively better movie viewing, enable openGL output mode on VLC and watch the difference.

i m not talkin about movies....i m talkin about the games! there should be a noticeable diff in quality in games like crysis or far cry 2 etc.