Nvidia 8600gt sucks :-(

i hav nvidia xfx 8600gt ddr2 512mb but it sucks.......never seen a worst card like this one.........claimed to be a dx10 card but even failed on dx9 gaming....giving poor fps on all modern games like crysis, gears of war, prostreet, i achieved max 20fps on lowest settings......wht a heck

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i hav nvidia xfx 8600gt ddr2 512mb but it sucks…never seen a worst card like this one…claimed to be a dx10 card but even failed on dx9 gaming…giving poor fps on all modern games like crysis, gears of war, prostreet, i achieved max 20fps on lowest settings…wht a heck
[/quote]

Definitely a driver fault

are you using vista?

If you want to play crysis at full resolution, get 8800GTX SLI setup. It might be just OK even then. :/

i think u shud hav taken advise frm this forum b4 buying a 3d card like i did and i m very happy now

well my brother has it and so far he tried it with Devil May Cry 4, Assassins creed, Bio Shock, Fear and one of the need for speed (i don't know which one) and he had played all the games at full settings (atleast he says that).

hey y dont u try to check setings of ur pcx slot frm bios or overclock it!

i think u shud hav taken advise frm this forum b4 buying a 3d card like i did and i m very happy now
[/quote]

Which GPU do you have and for how much have you bought it?

Which GPU do you have and for how much have you bought it?

[/quote]

wel hav ati hd2600 128bits 256mb gddr3 ram

and i bought it for 6500 frm galaxy lahore…

It was the last piece there

u shud check this thread

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1507

and i wud say tht its very cool one and can run almost all games around including crisis at medium setings…

8600gt is a great card and even better then shoukat's card(just see some reviews if you don't trust me).It must be a problem with your drivers.Btw nothing can run crysis at full detail

It was the last piece there

[/quote]

So you was the one who bought the last piece:P,i had decided to buy that card but when i went there they said it was out of stock.=(

8600gt is a great card and even better then shoukat’s card(just see some reviews if you don’t trust me).It must be a problem with your drivers.Btw nothing can run crysis at full detail
[/quote]

Here 8600gt which is being discussed on is having ddr2 memory, where as shoukat’s card is having ddr3 memory so shoukat’s card is way better than 8600gt with ddr2.

yea only the 8600gt ddr3 is better then shoukat's card.But the ddr2 version isn't bad either.

yea only the 8600gt ddr3 is better then shoukat’s card.But the ddr2 version isn’t bad either.
[/quote]

man its not just ddr3 due to which i bought this card

there were several other features which my card has beter than 8600gt try to compare them online 1to1

like cpu and memory clock of my card is more than it

thts y my card prices higher than it

^8600gt ddr3 is much more expensive then the 2600xt.But there is only a slight performance difference so the logical thing will be to buy the 2600xt.

yes shoukat u r right i shud hav consulted u guys before buying but the prob is i m new in this forum and i bought this damn card 50days back!!!!!!! well u got very cheap because nvidia 8600gt ddr3 256mb is costing 9000rs and mine one ddr2 512mb cost 7000rs.....

well no one can change the fate so its useless to say i shud buy ddr3 card......

now tell me wht to do i already hav latest drivers available on nvidia site??????

yar i have same card too, but it is working perfect, i have played nfs prostreet cod4, dirt, assaisns creed with almost full graphics. I have also completed some 3d animated projects using 3DSmax Mental Ray and V ray and it never ashamed me.

let me tell you i have c2d 2.2 and 2 gb ram

^@ennay you are using it on Vista??? coz its a mainly DX10 card and one more thing have you tried crysis at this card?

yar my last and final advise

take ur card to sum friends house and try it in his pc and play heavy games like crysis

if it works there then it means tht its ur system fault otherwise ur card realy SUX!!

^@ennay you are using it on Vista??? coz its a mainly DX10 card and one more thing have you tried crysis at this card?
[/quote]

no i am using xp, i have bought the dvd of crysis many weeks ago, but didnt get enough time to play :(:frowning::(:frowning::(:frowning::(

is 9600 GT any good? i've been looking for a site to compare tom's hardware type of graphics card comparisons to check out how this card stands up against all the current cards.