Not getting 4mbps even after one week of upgradation need help

Last week I applied for up gradation of PTCL DSL from 1 to 4mbps.But after 8 days its not upgraded , whereas 1236 and 1218 confirmed that Dsl speed is upgraded and even my ZTE 831 series is showing that download is 4mbps but actually its not happening and speedtest.net is also not showing the desired result.Now tell me what to do.(still download showing 100kbps avg as before upgradation)

I've applied for 4Mbps since 2nd December. So far, I haven't been upgraded yet, despite numerous visits, calls and complaints. I'm paying 2,000 for 4Mbps and yet I'm only receiving 1Mbps.

Did you get you money back ?

Upgrading on PTCL DSL is not advised at all. There are many problems you will face after it. Best way is to get a New Line & New DSL with desired speed.

^

hmm....good idea

Thanks

any solution

Yes contact the SDO of your exch.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yes contact the SDO of your exch.
[/quote]

easy consumer way…now wat actually is going on at the backend…lemme elaborate a bit i’ve been through this quite a while ago…the sync rate updated means the profile is set at the right rate but it doesn’t mean the right package as well. When you confirm from 1236 they only tell u wats written on BNCC not actually wats going on in the control room(NOC). At NOC there are 2 caps one is profile cap other is package cap. In the beginning there was only one profile cap now to double the security the other, package cap is introduced. Most of the times if the proper tags and port are not e-mailed from exchange its quite difficult for NOC staff to trace a port. For that a repeated complaint should be launched to let the NOC staff notice this request. Kindly get ur DSL officer and tell him that this package is not been properly updated. don’t rely on BNCC info, confirm from NOC.

easy consumer way…now wat actually is going on at the backend…lemme elaborate a bit i’ve been through this quite a while ago…the sync rate updated means the profile is set at the right rate but it doesn’t mean the right package as well. When you confirm from 1236 they only tell u wats written on BNCC not actually wats going on in the control room(NOC). At NOC there are 2 caps one is profile cap other is package cap. In the beginning there was only one profile cap now to double the security the other, package cap is introduced. Most of the times if the proper tags and port are not e-mailed from exchange its quite difficult for NOC staff to trace a port. For that a repeated complaint should be launched to let the NOC staff notice this request. Kindly get ur DSL officer and tell him that this package is not been properly updated. don’t rely on BNCC info, confirm from NOC.

[/quote]

I followed your advice and DSL supervisor agreed.But today they call me and said that 4mpbs is not possible in your area as its available on only Fiber lines and in order to avoid extra billing we are reverting your request ourself.I don’t understand if its not possible then why they are advertising without any *(condition) on their packages.

Please confirm that whether its true that 4mpbs is available on Fiber (not on Copper lines) or they are just satisfying customers.

Thanks for help

post your line stats. If line stats support 4M then they should provide you otherwise they are right. At times copper in some areas is so rusty and jointed, underground that it will make several disconnections on higher bandwidth profiles. So plz post your modem stats so we can clearly state the availability.

post your line stats. If line stats support 4M then they should provide you otherwise they are right. At times copper in some areas is so rusty and jointed, underground that it will make several disconnections on higher bandwidth profiles. So plz post your modem stats so we can clearly state the availability.
[/quote]

Below are stats of my line as on 13th Jan 2011 22:40 PST

Line Mode ADSL2+ Line State Show Time

Line Up Time Duration 00:00:39:27 System Up Time 00:00:40:00

Line Downstream Rate 4095 Line Upstream Rate 932

Latency Type Fast Line Coding Trellis On

Noise Margin 20.6 Line Attenuation 43.5

Output power 12.8 Attainable Line Rate 7460

Line Up Count 1 Status No Defect

**************************************************** (Image Below)

statl.jpg

)()()()

I read in another thread same problem was solved after offering “Mithai” to the line man.Should i need this too.

okay...now try getting a senior CSR on 1218. Tell DSL officer that my number is capable. send email to bbsupportlhr@ptcl.net.pk. attach the image in that e-mail. For fast process launch complaint at pta.gov.pk and attach the complaint no. to the mail as well. and use a bit polite-harsh tone with CSR(1218) that staff exchange aint cooperating.

No mithai at ALL bro JUST KICK his ASS and realize him that's its his duty

my last and utmost desire.

"GOD PLEASE MADE THE CITIZEN OF PAKISTAN LAW ABIDING"

i also got fired a lineman from my block back this week ;) So, Kick those basters As, they are making this COUNTRY look like #$%#.

BUT THIS LAND GOT MOST PEACEFUL and LOVING PEOPLES ON THE WHOLE PLANET.

okay…now try getting a senior CSR on 1218. Tell DSL officer that my number is capable. send email to bbsupportlhr@ptcl.net.pk. attach the image in that e-mail. For fast process launch complaint at pta.gov.pk and attach the complaint no. to the mail as well. and use a bit polite-harsh tone with CSR(1218) that staff exchange aint cooperating.
[/quote]

Thanks for your suggestions

@ismaeelshujat

I agree