Norton Antivirus 2009

Has any1 tried Norton Antivirus 2009..I have read the reviews and they are fantastically great..The one thing that Symentac lacked was heaviness on system resources and they have recuperated from this thing this time....

So any1 using this...

When I used Norton 2007,I was satisfied with the performance but it was far too heavy on the resources.So I uninstalled it..Now I am thinking to take a pluge again and try 2009 version after discarding NOD32(I am satisfied with it too,however).

So share your reviews about it...??

Some years back I had a really bad experience with NAV. I decided to never ever use it even if they rewrite the whole can of garbage. All they do is to put more graphics in it and update database, few nudges in scanning system and release it as new version.

Mostly, it's just a make-over than something really "new".

I have the same opinions about NAV..

But this time it seems that they have improved to keep pace with the other AV's...Just read the reviews about the NAV 2009,they are inspiring!!!!!

Yeah, it has improved greatly this time around. It's significantly lighter on system resources and has better detection.

IF you wanna stick to symentec, do check out its end point protection, its far far far better. Antivirus is not enough in this internet age.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

IF you wanna stick to symentec, do check out its end point protection, its far far far better. Antivirus is not enough in this internet age.
[/quote]

yeah i m using…very nice protection software

[/quote]

Norton has internet security also inclluded and thats good it…

However I have heard many people heaping plaudits on Symentac too…I havent used it myself!!!

I use Symantec Endpoint Protection MR4. It's good but has had some issues, a prominent one of which was its incompatibility with Google Chrome. Thankfully, that's fixed now. The antivirus and proactive threat protection are ok. I haven't used the included firewall (Sygate ported to SEPP).

Norton antivirus has the anti-virus and the anti-spyware. It's supposedly pretty good.

What you need to protect your PC

antivirus + firewall + a good brain

:)

^ My equation is incomplete, I don't have that third thing :lol:

^ My equation is incomplete, I don’t have that third thing :lol:
[/quote]

thats common in pakistan :D