Nokia Xpress Music 5310: Crashes and more

My sister's phone is brand new from United Mobile and it keeps crashing. A blank white screen shows and then the phone won't even restart. We've got to take the battery out and more or less pray it works when we put it back in.

She's not got GPRS or MMS (how do we activate it? Ufone says it's on..) and not much has been added to the phone, since it's only 1 or 2 days old. Why does it crash and how can it be fixed?

Try a firmware upgrade. If that fails, return set in warranty.

As far as crashing concerns, do a complete reset, use it for some time. If it doesnt help do a firmware upgrade from nokia.com. You will have to download a software and then use it with a cable which you can find in a box recived with your mobile. That surely will help. If i doesnt you will have to return to waranty service shop.

Now mms/gprs issue. You will need handset settings if your sim is already activated. Write your model number and send it to 222.

Eg 6600 to 222.

You will recive settings. Save them before using gprs/mms.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

My sister’s phone is brand new from United Mobile and it keeps crashing. A blank white screen shows and then the phone won’t even restart. We’ve got to take the battery out and more or less pray it works when we put it back in.

She’s not got GPRS or MMS (how do we activate it? Ufone says it’s on…) and not much has been added to the phone, since it’s only 1 or 2 days old. Why does it crash and how can it be fixed?

[/quote]

first reset ur mobile if still it crashes den download nokia software updater from nokia.com nd intall newfirmware on ur 5310

but be careful dat lite should not go in middle while upgrading and also not to remove data cable while upgrading coz the mobile can be damage and back up data like contacts smses etccc

Is there a nokia care center in Lahore, if there are any, go and use your 1 year guarantee . Tell them to update the firmware, and get this problem fixed. Otherwise give it to Unitedmobile

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

My sister’s phone is brand new from United Mobile and it keeps crashing. A blank white screen shows and then the phone won’t even restart. We’ve got to take the battery out and more or less pray it works when we put it back in.

She’s not got GPRS or MMS (how do we activate it? Ufone says it’s on…) and not much has been added to the phone, since it’s only 1 or 2 days old. Why does it crash and how can it be fixed?

[/quote]

just take it to United Mobile (in Lahore, it is near Zahoor Ilahi Road). as per my experience with them, they really dont want to take warranties very responsibly and always have excuses to reject it. so do not try any thing on your own and give them back soon and just tell them that “this is the problem”. no need to tell them how to do it, it’s their work let them do.

Thanks guys.