Nokia N9 Vs Iphone 4

I got stuck between this 2 smart phones( Nokia N9 vs Iphone 4), dont know to choice which 1 to buy !

I Googled it alot and got both have there own special charter and their own disadvantages, generally know them alot but still cant choice to buy which 1 !!!!

If u guys give me suggestions with logical reasons, i will be thankful !

Buy Nokia Lumia 800 :)

Really? N9 can stand against iPhone????

N9 runs on Meego and has a Cute UI, but it still doesnt tick all the smartphone boxes. Also there will be no update for Meego anymore whereas the iphone will always have updates. It has a better selection of properly useful apps..the Battery on the iphone lasts longer, it has a better camera, the Music is mind blowing,...the Games are just EPIC!! iPhone is more practical and helpful for your life than Nokia N9

oh i forget to tell you some very important thing :D :D :D :D

You can jailbreak the iphone and do everything with it :D ...once jailbroken, the iPhone is like Android on steroids!

[quote=“armada, post:4, topic:15908”]

oh i forget to tell you some very important thing :D :smiley: :D :smiley:

You can jailbreak the iphone and do everything with it :D …once jailbroken, the iPhone is like Android on steroids!

[/quote]

One of the major cause i dont like Iphone that is because of its limitation and i do accept it has a great store but i must not forget im in pakistan, to buy a app is impossible for me now, and everything that u want to be in ur phone must be through Itunes and cant blutooth with other phones !!!

U mentioned Jailbreak, may u give more information about this ? and how to this jailbreak ? if i do the jailbreak will be there any problem regarding Updating Iphone ? thanks alot 4 useful reply

[quote=", post:2, topic:15908"]

[/quote]

x2. It can kick the iPhone’s balls anytime.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:6, topic:15908”]

x2. It can kick the iPhone’s balls anytime.

[/quote]

u must be jocking !

No he is not....windows phones are amazing and far ahead of iphone....just my 2 cents

N9 is way innovative and kicks iPhone 4's ass...if you are a geek, get a N9.

[quote=“nab, post:9, topic:15908”]

N9 is way innovative and kicks iPhone 4’s ass…if you are a geek, get a N9.

[/quote]

Yeah some how N9 is also good phone, sexy, good camera, good speed

but again it is Meego, no much apps available 4 it, no video calling !

[quote=“armada, post:3, topic:15908”]

Really? N9 can stand against iPhone???

N9 runs on Meego and has a Cute UI, but it still doesnt tick all the smartphone boxes. Also there will be no update for Meego anymore whereas the iphone will always have updates. It has a better selection of properly useful apps…the Battery on the iphone lasts longer, it has a better camera, the Music is mind blowing,…the Games are just EPIC!! iPhone is more practical and helpful for your life than Nokia N9

[/quote]

Does Iphone 4 support the internet which r available in simcards ( in Pakistan ), dont know its exact name, i think it is WAP or GPRS ???

[quote=“Ruhi, post:5, topic:15908”]

One of the major cause i dont like Iphone that is because of its limitation and i do accept it has a great store but i must not forget im in pakistan, to buy a app is impossible for me now, and everything that u want to be in ur phone must be through Itunes and cant blutooth with other phones !!!

U mentioned Jailbreak, may u give more information about this ? and how to this jailbreak ? if i do the jailbreak will be there any problem regarding Updating Iphone ? thanks alot 4 useful reply

[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking

[quote=", post:2, topic:15908"]

[/quote]

This !

@Ruhi

If you are not an iBoy, I must say you will love N9 if you were given both the N9 and iPhone (4 or 4S).

In simple and straight comment, iPhone 4 will lead N9 only with the help of wide range of Apps and Games available... if not considering Apps more than anything then (IMO) N9 competes any other phone with all its hardware and software (while yet to have updates)

With N9, you will get most of the things out-of-the-box. no restriction, fully open to root, social apps are fully integrated with the OS, Gtalk fully integrated, Skype fully integrated, Messaging/Chat fully integrated.

There are only games which you get out-of-the-box with N9 those are NFS shift HD, AngryBirds, Golf HD, and Galaxy on Fire HD.. No such games are available additionally for MeeGo yet (or don't know if they will be) but the development I've seen after the launch is appreciable.

Lumia 800, however, will have up-hand of Apps as well. I'll go for Lumia ONLY FOR its design and that's the most attractive part of N9 as well. But N9 still beats all in uniqueness and easiness of User Interface (amongst all).. N9 super passes Lumia in most of the hardware aspects, though Lumia has more Processor Clock Speed.

Well 3500 updates are yet to come via Software Update to N9.

But let me tell you again.. the Apps limitation on N9 is really a fact to be considered if you want Apps and Games more than anything then N9 is not for you. However there are still many useful Apps for N9 e.g. CuteTube for youtube download, DropN9 for dropbox, File Managers, Third party Twitter and Facebook clients in addition to stock ones. Official Sports Tracker, Paid Professional Camera apps,

a few at recently launched website http://n9-apps.com/

you can explore Nokia Store by selecting N9 as your preferred device.

[quote=", post:14, topic:15908"]

@Ruhi

If you are not an iBoy, I must say you will love N9 if you were given both the N9 and iPhone (4 or 4S).

In simple and straight comment, iPhone 4 will lead N9 only with the help of wide range of Apps and Games available… if not considering Apps more than anything then (IMO) N9 competes any other phone with all its hardware and software (while yet to have updates)

With N9, you will get most of the things out-of-the-box. no restriction, fully open to root, social apps are fully integrated with the OS, Gtalk fully integrated, Skype fully integrated, Messaging/Chat fully integrated.

There are only games which you get out-of-the-box with N9 those are NFS shift HD, AngryBirds, Golf HD, and Galaxy on Fire HD… No such games are available additionally for MeeGo yet (or don’t know if they will be) but the development I’ve seen after the launch is appreciable.

Lumia 800, however, will have up-hand of Apps as well. I’ll go for Lumia ONLY FOR its design and that’s the most attractive part of N9 as well. But N9 still beats all in uniqueness and easiness of User Interface (amongst all)… N9 super passes Lumia in most of the hardware aspects, though Lumia has more Processor Clock Speed.

Well 3500 updates are yet to come via Software Update to N9.

But let me tell you again… the Apps limitation on N9 is really a fact to be considered if you want Apps and Games more than anything then N9 is not for you. However there are still many useful Apps for N9 e.g. CuteTube for youtube download, DropN9 for dropbox, File Managers, Third party Twitter and Facebook clients in addition to stock ones. Official Sports Tracker, Paid Professional Camera apps,

a few at recently launched website http://n9-apps.com/

you can explore Nokia Store by selecting N9 as your preferred device.

[/quote]

Thanks alot man, ur post were so helpful !!

I just removed Iphone from my mind, no warranty in pakistan and the apps, most of them should be bought that i cant

you mentioned Lumia 800 ! what you think about it ? Dont you think meego is better than that ? im in Quetta still n9 isnt available here but it will be soon, but i like to get meego ! you agree with me ???

Also,, if you have clumsy hands like me, You must consider this while making your phone purchase. (Hint, iPhone4/4s don't have Gorilla Glass screens)

watch

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=elKxgsrJFhw

@Ruhi wait for galaxy nexus

Dont get N9 , wait for the Lumia 800

^and then wait for its price to come down

Like how long should i wait ?????? and how much will its price step down ????

[quote="ZXCVB, post:19, topic:15908"]

^and then wait for its price to come down

[/quote]