Nokia N9 photo Pics

After the launch of N8 nokia is now working on the N9 found this website which has its pics:

http://www.tgdaily.com/mobility-brief/51159-flagship-nokia-meego-n9-phone-pics-leaked

This set will have its new OS the Megoo which is a joint effort of Nokia and Intel and is Linix based.

? Is this a "Breaking News" ? kind of very old now!

Yep. Very old news. By the way, MZC, don't you think they kind of ripped off the Macbook design while making this phone? I mean its very disheartening to see Nokia run out of original ideas!

100% agreed

http://www.phonemax.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Nokia-1.jpg

Well i did not see the N9 thread on forum so thought to post it, well in usa i hear Motorola and Iphone are top dogs. Nokia did not keep up with the changes and were caught sleeping, like if you look at their old models a lot of them have resistive screens with 256k colors only recently have they opted for 16m colors and then for capacitive screen. Their symbian series os has not kept on pace with rival manufacturers Os, its high time they woke up and smell the coffee.

nowadays i hear its android vs iphone competition..

Hmm. Well I agree about iPhone but not about Motorola. They only were able to make a comeback because of Android otherwise their phone lineup is pretty limited. HTC on the other hand is making better phones and is in more demand in the USA. Yeah, Nokia has really lost its edge in the smartphone market. It is still not getting the idea that these days its not about hardware but software. People don't want to know the specs of the device, they want to know what a device can "do". Thats where Nokia is lagging really bad.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yep. Very old news. By the way, MZC, don’t you think they kind of ripped off the Macbook design while making this phone? I mean its very disheartening to see Nokia run out of original ideas!
[/quote]

totally agree, if you look at the pic it has the sunken keyboard (apple design) with black chiclket keys. one can expect something like from chinese but from nokia man this is too low.

Nokia did not keep up with the changes and were caught sleeping, like if you look at their old models a lot of them have resistive screens with 256k colors only recently have they opted for 16m colors and then for capacitive screen. Their symbian series os has not kept on pace with rival manufacturers Os, its high time they woke up and smell the coffee.
[/quote]

well I guess first you need to correct your figures, 16M colors were found in many devices from Nokia even before first iPhone. Not going to mention any. you can search.

About Symbian, you really need to know the actual facts (which could be) which I think and have mentioned in earlier posts, you might want to read the post and a few more in the same thread.

At that time of posting I never new that Symbian^3 could get a lot of difference, but it has now. I liked N8 because I didn’t expect it to be as much improved as It is. As I mentioned in that post, they needed to change a lot in Symbian if they wanted to put it in real touch screen devices, they actually did. MeeGo is another part of the story any ways.

Don’t tell me that what the reviewers have said about it. I don’t believe them. I just believe what I use and can’t say any thing about what I didn’t use.

@All

And about the fact of noticing copy design is just a funny thing for me and I am seriously smiling at it.

I had assumed the same thing that such a feel could be driven by people, in my following post. No matter which is the subject.

http://wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=182108#p182108

Point 3 is of interest.

I mean when there is some thing different and even good some times, you don’t accept it and blame it for being not competitive if you loved some other thing. and when you get some thing similar this is complain the complain I would hear "This is copy…"

Any ways I can defend Nokia here by saying it’s not a copy. Apple used it in a Notebook while Nokia is going to going to give it in a Hand held device :P

BTW this keyboard style(sunken keyboard) hasn’t not only given by Apple. many other laptops have been having this style. But Apple was only prominent due to providing this single style(to my knowledge) all the time. And I think this was the only part in design which made it more resembling.

well I guess first you need to correct your figures, 16M colors were found in many devices from Nokia even before first iPhone. Not going to mention any. you can search.

[/quote]

True. Examples include Nokia N95, N75 and others. But thats not point. Again its not about Display, Processor, RAM, etc etc. Its about creating a product with a distinct identity which brings something revolutionary to the table.

iPhone did that in 2007. Google did it with Android.

Even Microsoft did it with WP7, which is considered to be a Govt. type organisation. They built Windows Phone 7 from “scratch”. It was did from ground up. A whole new design, which brought something new to the table. Something that is different and unique. And look now. Just in two months time they have 3,000 apps in the Windows Phone App Store and support from lots of developers.

And what did Nokia do? They just lazily changed the non-touch Symbian a bit and relaunched it with their touch phones? And they expect us to pay Rs. 48,000 for it??? When anyone can buy an awesome Android device or iPhone 3GS (new) for that price? It takes courage and vision to bring something new which Nokia is seriously lacking at the moment. They have delayed Meego for so long, now it has lost its support.

^ Revolutionary? It doesn't happen in every month or year, I would say that. iPhone, undoubtedly can be said as a revolutionary hand held device. Others (including "Android") are just heading (or trying to head) towards the same direction where iPhone has taken you and me.

Any ways.

I believe you have read the "WP7 built from scratch" thing from the forums or bloggers and etc.. I don't know why they used the term "from scratch". Microsoft always can use their already built core and kernel (with modifying) to prepare new designs. Besides that the answers is still same. They were already making touch screen devices and interfaces. But I do appreciate Google that they really sense the users perspective quickly and come up with a product rapidly. They are genius.

Apple was also already in computer platforms but Yes! they came up with an intuitive design of iPhone in 2007 (I just can't decline it). but what they have changed later in total of 4 iPhones till now? I am not blaming in any way. but it's a fact.... like others (like it happens to be) they came up with a great device but they even didn't modify much in the design nor inside...... Yes! it could be their traditional policy...

About Symbian I already have said it was not the platform designed for touch screens. Nokia is a company and they would do any thing to keep place in the market so they did their best at that time deciding to put the current platform under touch screens. Also a huge crowd even liked these phones and still willing to buy because they are cheap. Other wise of course they are going to ship new devices with a new platform combined with the features of two different linux based platforms, you know about that...

And a bit more on figures.... In last 3 months Ovi Store gained up to 3 million downloads per day with more than 400,000 developers over the last year on Forum Nokia. As I already have mentioned in my earlier post that it's not only Symbian any more. "Qt" is one of the rapid development frameworks I have seen which let you do a less code and even code once and deploy on more than one platforms including Windows, Symbian, Maemo and now on MeeGo. I am not sure about what is going to happen with Symbian in later days but it's true that every thing doesn't have to live for always. To me it's good that they actually gave an improved Symbian platform(which I seriously didn't expect) under the touch screen (I don't know what do you mean by a BIT of modification. for how long did you use N8?). They really did well with it because changing a platform in such a way is not that easy. I can tell it because I used it. I am not sure what lost support for MeeGo you are talking about.

A big cost of a device...... I would say that any one who just needs a phone with some features and entertainment (when thinking about a price) would not go for any of these devices not even for iPhone or a high-end Android. Because It's not about the price.... It's just about the likeness. You don't want to spend 48,000 for one device but you would do 65,000 on another one........ -Because of the features and price? -Sure? I would excuse.... none of these devices worths that lot of money... It's just what do you like.

And I never went to buy any touch screen device from Nokia because I didn't like them after having used an iPhone. But I did like N8's design (of course the specifications) and I just went for it on a pre-order for Rs. 42,000/- I was fully having in mind to sell it just when it will arrive in market with a more price tag. But I am still having it, using it and liking it.

A high-end Android phones are also not that cheap in that regard to be compared. But I just didn't use any of the newer Androids or iPhone "4" so I won't speak about them. You just preferred iPhone 3GS over Nokia N8. However I've already preferred Nokia N8 over iPhone 3GS (in most of the aspects including reliability and feasibility). Even when I have mentioned what Nokia N8 lacks.. I won't suggest any one to go for an iPhone until it gets officially launched in Pakistan and you get official customer services for it.