Nokia N series . what you say?

salam

i want to know that why people keep so heavy cellphones like N 71 is of 139 grams !!!! means over half PAO :) and ppl still prefer N series and those are expensive too !! why thn ? near me its so heavy and pathetic look , like we are carrying a weight in the pocket or in the hand ! whats so special in N series , its costly too ! and dimension are also BIG like 113 x 49 x 15.1 mm, 76.5 cc etc etc.

any comment ?

NO, and this should have been posted in general Tech.

Sorry, but this is a verrrryyy old debate, and it is not restricted to Mobiles only(expensive Laptops, Cars, clothes, etc).

My answer has always been this:

"Buy one and then you will know why people buy it!!!"

Nokia N Series is simply the best symbian series by nokia.

Thats why.

I tried N73 but it sucks big time. Speed is so slow that I prefer Sony Ericson k800i on this elephant.

Nokia n series is best symbian. I think you havent used it yet.

I had N71 for 2 years, yes it was huge but it was brilliant. Also, the new n series are no where near as big as N71.

Also, 15mm wide is not big! What are you? An ant?

N series are MARDANA [ for men ] sets...

they are cool and awesome in every aspect......

N series have Symbian while Sony ericsson and others have loser Java, we can run cool apps on symbiann SE are all the same they all have the same interface and yet very few options and same is the case with samsung and motorolla,

Nokia Rocks!!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

N series have Symbian while Sony ericsson and others have loser Java, we can run cool apps on symbiann SE are all the same they all have the same interface and yet very few options and same is the case with samsung and motorolla,

Nokia Rocks!!

[/quote]

I completely disagree. I can give a lenghty answer but i dont think its necessary.

I wanna hear ur lengthy answer.

I used the shitty n70 for 1.5 yrs, symbian is gud only if it works which it didnt, atleast in my case , opera mini kept crashing, opera didnt work, corrupted 7 of my memory cards, its lcd was worse than se phones, battery time was awful, it was heavy, sound and camera werent as gud either, there were a bunch of random errors, now im happy with the cheap yet functioning w350, n70 was a flagship phone and w350 was always a budget phone, stil it works.

I myself have a w610 but I am dying to sell it and buy a new nokia

I tried N73 but it sucks big time. Speed is so slow that I prefer Sony Ericson k800i on this elephant.
[/quote]

i agree with you .

SE are so fast and having less weight.

I myself have a w610 but I am dying to sell it and buy a new nokia
[/quote]

which nokia ?

the thread is of N series !

I had N71 for 2 years, yes it was huge but it was brilliant. Also, the new n series are no where near as big as N71.

Also, 15mm wide is not big! What are you? An ant?

[/quote]

yes some ppl can keep a foot long mobile too :)

beside joke when slimmer phones are available in the same price WHY n series ?

which nokia ?

the thread is of N series !

[/quote]

Of course I am talking about N Series (N73)

Not the Shitty Express Music or other

whats so special in N73 and what not in the SE phones ?

whats so special in N73 and what not in the SE phones ?
[/quote]

you won’t understand

you just dis-like N-series because of them being so heavy, thats not the case

there is something in those N Series, which is attracting a lot of people

Dammit people, Don't you realize this is a pointless debate, you guys are taking about phones that are centuries old in tech terms. I have used Nokia (E n N series), SE(T and K series), and Samsung(Various not not expensive ones) phones, so I have good idea about phones(Not the service-providers).

Look Every phone has its ups and downs. They are built for different markets and prices are set according to features available. Most of the features available are unused by consumers, so why do they buy it then, you ask?

Two reasons:

Shawk(Interest)

Dikhawa(Showing off)

Now why N series you ask? Why the hell not!!!

Compare its price/features ratio with all the other phones, you will realize its a steal. I mean come on can you compare any phone to the N82 which costs Rs26000 in Pakiland, no you can't. My friend has pimped has N73 sooo much that if you saw it you would.....(Use your imagination)..Hence there is alot you can do with these phones

I own a Nokia E61 and a Samsung L700 currently. Right now I use my E61 to watch MP4 .avi divx movies. I read my emails using either some poor saps wifi or at home, I can transfer files via blutooth, IR, MMS, email, Wifi, or USB cable. I used it to read doc files during my uni days,and I installed a call recording software so that I know what my boss wants from me each time he calls me. Whats the difference between my phone and Nseries, well just the camera, better music player, better sound stereo, FM radio, better display, games play better and others.

Seriously go to gsmarena.com, and whatmobile.com.pk, go there and check the price/features ratio, and you will know that the Nseries is a STEAL.

any other comments from any other NOKIA lover ? :)

Near me N series is not that much useful and it has true color LCD which is good for editing :) but not good to look into it tht who is calling and whats the number of the caller , its so dull (even in n78) bcz nokia is using true colors (256k) and SE uses 64k color LCD which are more appropriate and inexpensive too (comparitively) .

among dimensions the weight is also a key feature when buying a cellphone, i have nokia n78 too (i m not using tht just bcz of its huge size).

every person has different choice , some prefer nokia and some prefer SE but i have seen the CRAZE to keep N series in pakistan so thats y i was / am curious to know whats so special in it ? :)