Nokia Lumia 730 Or Android Phone?

Hi guys,

i m planning on buying a new mobile phone and my range is 30k. and the recently launch lumia 730 dual sim version is 29k. and the phone looks too cool and its a windows phone. and in past i have used android phone. but few peoples telling me go for huawei honor phones they r better then lumia. but i cant decide so need advise :) and is it true that in windows phone the windows gets deleted?

Thanks

There is no comparison between above mentioned Android and Windows phone.

If you haven't use Windows phone before, you should go for Android device.

I have been using Windows phone for a year now, never faced an issue like corrupt windows, hanging, lagging etc, but again Windows phone is not for everyone. In your budget, you can find plenty of options in android line.

Personally i didn't like Honor 3C due to its thickness...>9mm but users on different forum say that its the best available phone in 20k

Have you ever tried a Windows Phone before? As in use anybody else's phone for a while just to check it out? If not then you should do that first, cause even though WP is a great platform, some people just don't like it, so you might want to check it to see if it suits you or not.

If you're bored of using Androids, then you're most likely good to go for WP though, you will find it refreshing.

Resale value is a bit of a problem for these Lumias in Pakistan though... but if you're the type who keeps a phone for long periods of time then it won't be much of an issue for you.

I've checked the specs of Lumia 730, it seems like a good purchase to me. I would say you'd be good to go for it.

Also, if you don't mind buying a phablet, then Lumia 1320 is also a good option in your budget.

I would advise against buying any Huawei phone, they're simply not worth it. Also, the Honor 3C or G700 in particular have no redeeming qualities. So a big no from me.

And no, an end user cannot delete the Windows in a Windows Phone. In fact, Windows Phones are much harder to f*** up than a rooted Android phone...

Any other question, shoot!

yes i m bored of android by using it or by seeing any one using android phones. so i m going for a change this time with windows phone. and yes i have never used a windows phone before and i m not the guy who buy and sell his stuff just after few days.. i always keep up my stuff for long. i used samsung galaxy s3 for about 10months then i sell it... and now for more then a year i m using a nokia asha 210 mobile. its not a smart phone so now i feel going for a good smart phone.

and as u guys know there is always a first time for any thing. so should i go for it i mean lumia 730 or not? and is the specs of lumia good? like processor or 1gb ram? i heard 1gb ram for windows phone is enough..

[quote=“Bilal1, post:4, topic:21618”]

so should i go for it i mean lumia 730 or not? and is the specs of lumia good? like processor or 1gb ram? i heard 1gb ram for windows phone is enough..

[/quote]

Yes you should go for it. The specs are good enough for a Windows Phone. WP is a very optimized & efficient OS, performance is snappy even on dual-cores & even 512MB RAM is enough for WP if you don't play games on your phone (angry bird type games are fine though). 1GB for WP is surely enough at the moment for playing heavy games.

BTW, did you consider the phablet i recommended you? One big benefit you get with that is that it supports 4G LTE (band 3) which works in Pakistan (make sure it is the RM-994 global version though). If that's not important to you then Lumia 730 may be the better choice after all.

[quote=“Upsilon, post:5, topic:21618”]

Yes you should go for it. The specs are good enough for a Windows Phone. WP is a very optimized & efficient OS, performance is snappy even on dual-cores & even 512MB RAM is enough for WP if you don't play games on your phone (angry bird type games are fine though). 1GB for WP is surely enough at the moment for playing heavy games.

BTW, did you consider the phablet i recommended you? One big benefit you get with that is that it supports 4G LTE (band 3) which works in Pakistan (make sure it is the RM-994 global version though). If that's not important to you then Lumia 730 may be the better choice after all.

[/quote]

well the games i will be mostly interested to play will be subway surfers temple. stick cricket if its there in WP store... and i have not yet checked that phablet. but i will check it in few mints :) so i will get back here after i check that phablet.

@Upsilon that phablet looks bigger for my hands.

And is it true that apps like Skype, Facebook, Twitter, Viber, WhatsApp are far inferior on Windows Phone than on Android.?

As for Skype & Viber...yes i do agree, these apps are dead slow and take ages to load. You may get push notification issues every now and than.

It doent mean that WP is bad, infact its very fast and stable even on 512MB ram but on the other hand on Windows phone, apps are not as good as on Android.

[quote=“Bilal1, post:7, topic:21618”]

@Upsilon that phablet looks bigger for my hands.

And is it true that apps like Skype, Facebook, Twitter, Viber, WhatsApp are far inferior on Windows Phone than on Android.?

[/quote]

Yeah, apps are currently not as advanced as on Android. For example, on Whatsapp we cannot share any music/video files (other than those recorded with the phone).

Tapatalk is also inconvenient to use. Most apps work, but some just not as good as their android counterparts.

But you also get the WP exclusive pinning feature with many apps, it can come handy in certain cases.

That's how it goes.

Skype viber and twitter getting overhaul for WP soon their updates wil be launched making them as snappy as android.. also skype expected to get some exclusive for WP as well.(rumour)

WP is amazing.. all apps will take time to optimize and get better. no app was launched in version 27.0 at launch.. all of them started at 1.0. and gradually improved to current states.. and since Microsoft is now the sole company, its updates re going to be faster and better.

good times for the future of mobiles indeed.

so farhan i should get WP ? as i know sooner or later every thing will be fine.. and every device have some flows nothing is perfect.. so i think it will be a good buy for me lumia 735 or lumia 730 :) i dont know when lumia 735 is going to launch bcoz its a 4g phone so waiting for it to launch and know the price... if it will be over 30k+ then i will grab 730 but around 30k to 35k then i will consider getting 735..

Having used both Android and WP, here is what I say:

- WP software is far better than any other mobile OS. I am speaking in terms of stability, response and updates.

- Unfortunately, Nokia hardware sucks. It's no more like old Nokia. My first Nokia lasted 5 years, even with rain water going into it. Now a days, Nokia hardware is absolutely pathetic.

BUT

If you are buying a phone under 20k, let me tell you Android phone will start lagging after sometime. Maybe it wont freeze or throw up surprises, but it will lag. But WP is same even after 2 years (speaking from experience). My Lumia 720 still performs same as it was when I bought it. However, at hardware end, I had a frustrating experience. Further, Lumia touch and battery management is far superior. Also dont listen to crap like WP has no apps, almost every major app has found a way to WP store too. Although still there is some less availability of options in Lumia, like offline maps etc.

Conclusion

If you are buying an Android of mid-range of high-end, then Android > Windows Phone. If you are settling for budget phone, go for Windows Phone. I am sure Lumia 730 will have better hardware than its previous x20 Lumia series. Moreover, after WP 8.1 update, Windows phone have brought some much demanded features and I believe you will keep getting updates unlike Android where if you bought an Android with 4.2, the maximum you would get probably is 4.3/4.4

So after reading the comment from @EngineBlock i am satisfied and i think i will be very happy with a Windows phone if i buy it lol :)

+1 to engineblock

WP is just like anyone who has been using windows desktop all his life suddenly gets to use the latest imac. the difference is huge, the learning curve exists but not difficult and just like learning to use single mouse button in mac takes its toll but becomes most user friendly latter on, the same is with WP phones.

EVERY android phone is the same, the touchwiz and sense and coloros etc are just wrapping papers. underneath all is the same android which is the same from ICS to jellybean to kitkat. almost 2-3 years stagnant.. granted next LP will be hugely different but mid range LP phones will take many months to appear in market

the only difference is the hardware in android has more choices like superb audio in HTC or better cameras in galaxy or water resistant in sony etc. but the same old android interface. wp has superior software than android, not as many but superior in features and quality. plus you wont erase your rom every now then like android.

android is the king cuz it is excellent. iOS is much inferior.. WP is a perfect alternative to boring old android.

a +1 for you also farhan_ds :)

yes Android is same old boring :D

I guess you people really have no idea what Android 5.0 aka "Lollipop" looks and feel like. Because, if you did, you'd never bother with a WP ever :lol:

Nexus 5 can be bought for under 30k in mint condition. If I were you, I’d consider all of my options before regretting it later on.

FTR, I’m not dissing anyone’s opinion here, merely stating my experience with all 3 platforms, in one form or another.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[quote=“jDk, post:16, topic:21618”]

I guess you people really have no idea what Android 5.0 aka "Lollipop" looks and feel like. Because, if you did, you'd never bother with a WP ever :lol: Nexus 5 can be bought for under 30k in mint condition. If I were you, I'd consider all of my options before regretting it later on. FTR, I'm not dissing anyone's opinion here, merely stating my experience with all 3 platforms, in one form or another. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[/quote]

whats ur experience with a WP ?

In terms of user-friendliness and stability, it really is as everyone says. Even with low-end hardware (I've used Lumia 630), it was very smooth and ran great compared to what low-end hardware on Android can handle. However, the biggest drawback for WP is that the apps variety and selection is not very good, not to mention the fact that it has a habit of developing quirks over time, which aren't fixable unless you completely flash them back to a stock version. I've had the 630 hang on me out of the blue during normal usage, and it wasn't completely gone even with a hard factory reset done a couple of times. If you're willing to give it a go, by all means do so, afterall its your money.

I would only recommend that if you have 30-35k budget, my advice to you is to consider all options available in that range. As I've already mentioned, Nexus 5 is an absolute steal in that price range, as it packs a lot of punch even after one year, not to mention the 5.0 update, which has literally transformed the phone into a much much better experience.

[quote=“jDk, post:18, topic:21618”]

In terms of user-friendliness and stability, it really is as everyone says. Even with low-end hardware (I've used Lumia 630), it was very smooth and ran great compared to what low-end hardware on Android can handle. However, the biggest drawback for WP is that the apps variety and selection is not very good, not to mention the fact that it has a habit of developing quirks over time, which aren't fixable unless you completely flash them back to a stock version. I've had the 630 hang on me out of the blue during normal usage, and it wasn't completely gone even with a hard factory reset done a couple of times. If you're willing to give it a go, by all means do so, afterall its your money.

I would only recommend that if you have 30-35k budget, my advice to you is to consider all options available in that range. As I've already mentioned, Nexus 5 is an absolute steal in that price range, as it packs a lot of punch even after one year, not to mention the 5.0 update, which has literally transformed the phone into a much much better experience.

[/quote]

this time i want change i have used iOs Android. so now its time for me to Try WP. and tired of seeing android phones every where... and WP looks good too. so i will have a go with it :) if i dont like the WP i will give the set to a friend of mine as gift lol and then i will consider getting Nexus 5 or any other android device :)

Good luck with WP. Hopefully your experience will be lot better.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk