Nokia customer care centre inaugurated

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

KARACHI (May 25 2008): Nokia, the world leader in telecommunication technologies, announced the launch of NOKIA CARE - customer care centre in Karachi at a glittering event today at the Ebrahim Trade Towers.

The briefing, which served to introduce Nokia’s customer care centre initiative was addressed by Nokia’s key regional officials, Imran Khalid Mahmood Country General Manager Nokia Pakistan and Afghanistan, Ian Stewart, Care Director Nokia Middle East & North Africa and Zoff Khan, Managing Director of Global Customer Care, a Koohiji Group Company.

The Nokia care centre has been established to facilitate consumers and is a global initiative, which is the first of its kind in Pakistan. Nokia care was launched in Lahore last month and is now being launched in Karachi, with many more to come. The Nokia care will provide customers with the required help and assistance needed to ensure optimal performance of their Nokia devices, with easy access to expert maintenance services and purchase enhancements for the sole purpose of maximising customer satisfaction.

Additionally it will offer a unique possibility for consumers in Pakistan to check the warranty of their Nokia device via SMS, by simply sending the IMEI number of the device to 66542 (Nokia), shortly after which a response will be sent back to the device from which the query originated.

Sharing his insights on the occasion, Imran Khalid Mahmood Country General Manager, Nokia Pakistan and Afghanistan stated, “The Nokia Care Centre in Pakistan demonstrates our firm commitment to bringing services in the local market that will help us meet customer expectations via a constant flow of first hand information and feedback from our customers.”-PR

Source: Business Recorder

[/quote]

i wonder what will de do here when mobile importers (MZ UM) are already giving warranty and customer support

Warranty is flaky with all authorized dealers and solutions to technical faults are a hit and run kinds thing with untrained mobile repair shop employees. It's good that they opened this in Lahore and Karachi but they should definitely try to expand it to other cities fast.

Warranty is flaky with all service providers and solutions to technical faults are a hit and run kinds thing with untrained mobile repair shop employees. It’s good that they opened this in Lahore and Karachi but they should definitely try to expand it to other cities fast.
[/quote]

yeah man atleast they shud open in islamabad coz its the capital

Warranty is flaky with all service providers and solutions to technical faults are a hit and run kinds thing with untrained mobile repair shop employees. It’s good that they opened this in Lahore and Karachi but they should definitely try to expand it to other cities fast.
[/quote]

well the problem is will these importers void the warranty if nokia people linger with it?

Importers deal in other than nokia, so, only nokia customer service take care themself fully.

Importers deal in other than nokia, so, only nokia customer service take care themself fully.
[/quote]

ut the main problem would be the tussle between nokia and importers

I hope they provide service like they providing service in west. They may not treat us undevloped mobile user.

A little offtopic, but is there any official Samsung care centre in Lahore? I have been trying to find a genuine battery for my x700 for 3 months now.

yeah man atleast they shud open in islamabad coz its the capital

[/quote]

ruhaan explain why it should open there just because its capital, why thats so important?

well no doubt it should open in islamabad because it is one of the big city and there are lots of users there but why you emphasized that its capital then it should open there?

from business point of view they should start with cities initially where there is big population of nokia users and in time spread their network through out pakistan, your stance of just because its capital they should open there is wrong from business point of view, the correct way to say it there is big population in islamabad of nokia users and they should open there as soon as possible.

nokia is a private business and not some country’s embassy that it should be open in capital.

ruhaan explain why it should open there just because its capital, why thats so important?

well no doubt it should open in islamabad because it is one of the big city and there are lots of users there but why you emphasized that its capital then it should open there?

from business point of view they should start with cities initially where there is big population of nokia users and in time spread their network through out pakistan, your stance of just because its capital they should open there is wrong from business point of view, the correct way to say it there is big population in islamabad of nokia users and they should open there as soon as possible.

nokia is a private business and not some country’s embassy that it should be open in capital.

[/quote]

man i wrote that two months ago and forgot about it untill now at that time i wasnt thinkin much was really really sleepy

and ur logic is correct and i totaly agree with u

@ruhaan

no problem man i was just making a point, yeah everybody has sleepy days, same here too there are few forums where i am regular even when i wake up in the middle of the night for glass of water, i always check those forums for few seconds before i come back to bed.

A little offtopic, but is there any official Samsung care centre in Lahore? I have been trying to find a genuine battery for my x700 for 3 months now.
[/quote]

Asad, from what i’ve heard, even MZ, UTD Mobile etc have the cheap chinese copies of these accessories. I doubt if anybody’s got the original accessories for these phones. If you get your hands on an original accessory, dont forget to share.

United Mobile is confirmed to have original accessories for Nokia and Sony Ericsson a guy from esato has got proper original headfone for SE.

@Abbas I haven't yet had the opportunity to check Mobile Zone or United offices. I will try to find one near me or Hafiz centre as I know and can go to very few places in Lahore easily.

United Mobile is confirmed to have original accessories for Nokia and Sony Ericsson a guy from esato has got proper original headfone for SE.
[/quote]

ShuAK, do they sell the accessories seperately? My current phone is under MZ warranty (i’ve already had a bad experience with these MZ jerks caz of a warranty claim with a samsung phone, but i got their warranty anyway).

A year or so back i was looking to buy a genuine Sony Eric handsfree for muh phone and the only way i got my hands on one was to buy one from a mobile-shop that was taken out from a box.