Nokia 5800 GPS

Hi I want to ask only two questions if somebody knows so please describe.

1. Does Nokia 5800 GPS direct works with satellite? GPS Services free or no?

2. What the main difference between Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic and Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition?

[quote=“luckyagm, post:, topic:”]

Hi I want to ask only two questions if somebody knows so please describe.

2. What the main difference between Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic and Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition?
[/quote]

1. Yes it does, but it works wid network, means u have to pay for it. Currently mobilnk is best in dix.

2. Not much different, 5800 XM is better and if u are going to buy it as new, plz don’t buy dix fone.Instead opt for Samsung Galaxy ACE !

Well Its GPS works and you can see satellite status in the form of wertical bars. But it takes really long time in establishing connection. Today's android based device connects with the satellite immediately.

As far as assisted GPS is concerned, NOkia 5800 requires netweork connection for which you have to pay.

I dont know exactly about your second querry

[/quote][quote=", post:, topic:"]
Regional maps

Lifetime pedestrian and vehicle voice-guided navigation licenses

Car mount and car charger in retail package

[/quote]

These are the only differences i could find. If there is no or little price difference between the two, get this one, otherwise get the normal one.

[/quote]

Yes, GPS works directly with GPS satellites. GPS is free as long as you are only using GPS satellites. You need 3 or 4 satellites in sky to get better positioning of yourself. But GPS satellites needs direct line-of-sight. However, in indoors or when you are surrounded by high-rise buildings then some of weaker signals of GPS satellites won’t reach you. Thus, most of devices (including Nokia 5800) gives you the option of using A-GPS. A-GPS using your GPRS communication to try to get positioning even in difficult areas (where GPS signals are weak). However, GPRS communication will be charged to your account. You can turn off A-GPS by removing GPRS settings from your mobile handset (then only GPS will be used) but then GPS (without A-GPS) positioning will not be accurate in weak signals areas.

• What the main difference between Nokia 5800 Xpressmusic and Nokia 5800 Navigation Edition?

• [/quote]

I don’t know. I think it’s just marketing gimmick.

However, you are just few years late. You should have bought Nokia 5800 if it was year 2008 or early 2009. DO NOT BUY NOKIA 5800 NOW. Nokia is dieing and Nokia 5800’s OS Symbian is dead. Pakistanis are stupidly in love with Nokia. While Nokia never appreciated Pakistanis’ love for them. They never released street maps for Pakistan on Nokia Maps. NEVER!

Instead, buy any good phone with Android (at least with Android 2.2 or 2.3). Most of Android phones are upgradable, so even if you have bought with version 1.5 or version 2.1 then probably you can update it to v2.2 for free. But make sure by researching it on Google. Most of (but not all) Android based phones comes with GPS (mostly A-GPS). Google Maps works great on Android phones and they have very good street maps of Pakistan (I use Google Maps all the times).

Thanx a lot all of u Specially Wampyr.

Wampyr U are absolutely right that Nokia don't care with Pakistanis.

Did u note one thing? Even Nokia don't want to add Pakistan in Asia Pacific region on Nokia's website. Once again Thanx.