No stars on the sky tonight? (09.09.08)

Asusual am up at the roof of my home at night, and right now i cant see any stars on the sky, not able to locate moon too. ofcourse my eyesight is pretty ok, coz i can easily see some ladies playing badminton at the roof few houses away :D . lol anyways so i know there are some astronomy freaks in here, wot could be the reason. What i think is the clouds may have covered them.

^it probably is clouds covering the sky

Smoke/dust Pollution and light pollution

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Asusual am up at the roof of my home at night, and right now i cant see any stars on the sky, not able to locate moon too. ofcourse my eyesight is pretty ok, coz i can easily see some ladies playing badminton at the roof few houses away :D . lol anyways so i know there are some astronomy freaks in here, wot could be the reason. What i think is the clouds may have covered them.
[/quote]

Please post your score from this test. And get a life. :confused:

:lol: btw try concentrating hard, in my short stint with stars i have noticed one cannot easily see them sometime you have to concentrate hard and then you can see them

and cloud cover is a logical answer

^get a life, huh?that was supposed to be a joke my friend.

thanks fer the link though, i'l take the test.

^get a life, huh?that was supposed to be a joke my friend.

thanks fer the link though, i’l take the test.

[/quote]

My post was supposed to be a joke too. Remnants of a discussion from the IRC channel.

lol ok. :)

@saad, i concentrated hard, no luck. Its definitely covered by clouds, possibly dust pollution.

lol ok. :)

@saad, i concentrated hard, no luck. Its definitely covered by clouds, possibly dust pollution.

[/quote]

well you will only be able to concentrate when you get your eye off the badminton game :D

^ :lol::D

i remember something. k2munda was into astronomy and he once said that he used to get away 10KM's from Karachi to get good glimpse of the sky coz he couldn't see anything coz of light pollution.

I can't see the stars either..

.. uh.. wait.. maybe because it's day? :|

Any astrophysicists wanna give an alternate and more probable reason?

well you will only be able to concentrate when you get your eye off the badminton game :D

[/quote]

lol, own3d.

lol, own3d.

[/quote]

:o … own3d x 2

haha i wouldn't care less if there are two moons on the sky. i would be watching the badminton game! :D

^well then you'll be watching two moons anyway :P

haha i wouldn’t care less if there are two moons on the sky. i would be watching the badminton game! :D
[/quote]

:lol:

@ kratos hahah ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha man you made me laugh for real .

^well then you’ll be watching two moons anyway :P
[/quote]

ROFL :D