No more bill payment through Meezan Bank?

Today I went to Meezan Bank's Shahbaz Commercial branch in DHA Karachi and came to know that they are no longer working with LDN. They said now Standard Chartered collects bill payment. Is it true!?

There is no news regarding this on LDN website.

True - and even after paying bill at Standard Chartered, they keep calling you about payment and you keep fighting with them.

End result is that you have to scan the payment receipt and send to them via email

They prefer you to pay at Mobilink Customer Service Center

I pay bill at Standard Chartered and email the receipt number.

Usually I pay by dues before date and for two months which make them happy.

Meezan is over.

No such bs with ptcl.

[quote=", post:2, topic:17513"]

True - and even after paying bill at Standard Chartered, they keep calling you about payment and you keep fighting with them.

End result is that you have to scan the payment receipt and send to them via email

They prefer you to pay at Mobilink Customer Service Center

[/quote]

That happened with me a couple of times as well when I was with LDN.

That sucks man. Mobilink customer centers are very few and they close at 5:30pm which means I cannot go after office hours. The nearest to my office is at Punjab chowrangi which is actually not very near. There is another one at boat basin but once I went there (more than an year ago), they told me they do not collect LDN bill payment.

I don't understand what is the LDN higher management doing about it especially telling people that Meezan Bank is over. I mean how hard is it to update website by putting news? I really don't understand who the #$%# pays these stupids CEOs e.t.c who doesn't even know the ABC of communication. Isn't this part of customer service to inform customer about it?

If you take a look at Hyperstar and Makro websites, they update it weekly. Even though it is difficult for them as compared to LDN as they have many products and they update their weekly PDF brochure on website with prices. But look at LDN, piece of #$%#.

Do you know how I got to know about this? I went to Meezan Bank, LDN deposit slip was not there. I went back and sent an email to Meezan Bank's president and within an hour I got reply from that branch manager that their partnership with LDN is over and now I should go to Standard Chartered. This is what is called SERVICE!

Even though IT is not Meezan Bank's primary business but look how strong their communication.

And yet here we have LDN whose piece of shits CEO/COO/CIO must be getting high salary but those ass holes don't know ABC of communication. I mean HOW HARD IS IT TO UPDATE THE WEBSITE OR BETTER SEND AN EMAIL TO CUSTOMER bc!

And it is another story that now I have to find another suitable Standard Branch where bill can be paid without problems. There is one very near to where Meezan Bank branch is but after hearing Ijaz Ahmed reply I am not sure about it. Will try on Monday!

I use LDN too, but no such BS with me. I call their bill collector, he comes at my house, collects the cash, gives me the reciept and goes away. I then call LDN, give them the reciept number, and they update my bill withen hours. Simple as that. He takes 50 rupees extra cash for the service, but it's totally worth it. No need to pay in advance, no need to worry about the payment, no need to fight with them. Best solution. B)

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk 2

i think they want you to get ptcl

[quote=“Upsilon, post:7, topic:17513”]

I use LDN too, but no such BS with me. I call their bill collector, he comes at my house, collects the cash, gives me the reciept and goes away. I then call LDN, give them the reciept number, and they update my bill withen hours. Simple as that. He takes 50 rupees extra cash for the service, but it’s totally worth it. No need to pay in advance, no need to worry about the payment, no need to fight with them. Best solution. B)

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk 2

[/quote]

Dude that “is” BS. That is too much work that “you” have to do to pay and then update payment. You should not be doing that at all. Its lDN’s job is to make it easier for you to get payment payment from you.

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express

They should colaborate with banks and facilitate the customer to pay the DSL fees through Virtual Banking just like we pay IESCO, PTCL, Gas and prepaid cards.

@TechMan

Pay it at Standard Chartered Bank and email the receipt number to LDN. Its quite simple.

And if you don't have the time then you should pay Rs.50 more for home collection. And email the receipt number to LDN.

its no BS and its much more convenient than PTCL , you can even pay 10 days after due date with no surcharge , so extra taxes... so no tension of bill payment...

plus i pay it at my SCB and i dont have to email them anything , they process it automatically...

^ShoukaT

Do they provide facility of payment through virtual banking?

Standard chartered Bank THE #$%^%$# STANDARD CHARTERED BANK. I Just went there once in my life, and man they are slow, no man they are even slower. I went there once to pay my DSL bill and they took my whole life, i was like i should have kids in here! it nearly took my one hour, so now i prefer to drive to the Mobilink CS center and save my rest of 45mins.

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:13, topic:17513”]

Standard chartered Bank THE #$%^%$# STANDARD CHARTERED BANK. I Just went there once in my life, and man they are slow, no man they are even slower. I went there once to pay my DSL bill and they took my whole life, i was like i should have kids in here! it nearly took my one hour, so now i prefer to drive to the Mobilink CS center and save my rest of 45mins.

[/quote]

I just came back from SCB and you are 100% right. They are dead slow!!! Seemed like I was in some Government office. They have shiny offices, papu bachis and bachas, an automatic queuing system and yet they sucks big time!!

At Meezan it would be over in 2, 3 mins but here it took 15 minutes. There were not many customers but still the man there was processing very slowly or he was probably busy in other work too.

And you know what happened? I was given ticket number 514. But somehow ticket number 520 was called earlier. I was like WTF!! And that ticket number 520 was probably given before I was given ticket. I don’t understand how come 520 be given before 514??? Because I remember after me there was only one uncle who was given ticket 515 and I didn’t saw any other person taking ticket so definitely it was given before I came here. That uncle was also complaining about it.

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:9, topic:17513”]

Dude that “is” BS. That is too much work that “you” have to do to pay and then update payment. You should not be doing that at all. Its lDN’s job is to make it easier for you to get payment payment from you.

Sent from my LG Quantum using Board Express

[/quote]

+1

Its LDN’s job to keep track of the money they are gulping, not you.

[quote=“ShoukaT, post:11, topic:17513”]

its no BS and its much more convenient than PTCL , you can even pay 10 days after due date with no surcharge , so extra taxes… so no tension of bill payment…

plus i pay it at my SCB and i dont have to email them anything , they process it automatically…

[/quote]

PTCL’s bill comes on 10th or 12th of the month when the month starts with ~7 days to pay as due date … So you practically have ~15+ days to pay the bill…

How does LDN’s billing cycle works?

[quote=“Faisal, post:15, topic:17513”]

+1

Its LDN’s job to keep track of the money they are gulping, not you.

PTCL’s bill comes on 10th or 12th of the month when the month starts with ~7 days to pay as due date … So you practically have ~15+ days to pay the bill…

How does LDN’s billing cycle works?

[/quote]

it starts on the day you started using DSL…

like it could be from 24th of a month to next 24th…

you dont get extra taxes

you can even get your DSL turned off if you are going out for town for some time so you wont get charged for those days…

as it is prepaid billing so due date is usually the day your next billing cycle starts , eg 24th in this case…

but you can even pay 13 days past due date and still your internet is working… and you dont have to pay any late fees etc…

you can opt in to have modem by LDN or use your OWN modem , if you use your own modem , like me , you dont get charged modem fees… you cant do that on PTCL…

plus customer service is very good , your problem is usually resolved very quickly …

[quote=“ShoukaT, post:16, topic:17513”]

it starts on the day you started using DSL…

like it could be from 24th of a month to next 24th…

you dont get extra taxes

you can even get your DSL turned off if you are going out for town for some time so you wont get charged for those days…

as it is prepaid billing so due date is usually the day your next billing cycle starts , eg 24th in this case…

but you can even pay 13 days past due date and still your internet is working… and you dont have to pay any late fees etc…

you can opt in to have modem by LDN or use your OWN modem , if you use your own modem , like me , you dont get charged modem fees… you cant do that on PTCL…

plus customer service is very good , your problem is usually resolved very quickly …

[/quote]

Well, PTCL’s billing cycle is from 1st to 30-31st, its doesn’t matter if you opted on 24th … you will be billed for 6 days and from next month, the cycle will be from 1st till 30th.

Now the bill should be received on the 1st or 2nd of the next month as with the LDN but PTCL starts generating bill after 6 or 7th and the end user receives it at 10th or mostly after 12th with ~7 day margin till due date… So you practically have 15 days for the bill to be paid. Plenty of time IMO without even reaching the due :)

PTCL also offers temporary closer of DSL which I think is for 3 to 6 months. Same goes for the phone line but the line rent has to be paid as its the temp closer but then again, in the temp closer case of LDN DSL, you would still have to pay line rent also as the line is from PTCL if you also opt temp line closer from PTCL too.

PTCL doesn’t charges for the modem. It hasn’t done it yet except if you opt for the wifi modem which you know is expensive …

PTCL doesn’t close your DSL if you failed to pay the bill, at least in my case … my bill was due for three months, because I wasn’t able to receive the bill somehow few month back… I didn’t bother to go any to PTCL CS and pay the bill voluntarily and yet DSL kept working for 3 months and then one day it stopped … so I thought finally they have blocked it but turned out they didn’t block it … some truck driver actually broke the phone line … it happened around 2 am in the morning. Infact I received a call from PTCL rep once during this period asking me the reason for not paying the bill and told me if I am having trouble paying the sum then they have installment plans too and special promotion as well which reduces the total bill up to 25% in actual…

And I don’t think PTCL’s CS service is that bad cause when and if I have some problem … I call the help line, complain and usually the line man or the DSL guy come with in 24hrs promised time unless is it a back end issue or some sort of maintenance for which, I am experienced enough to know and not to call and even if I do, they straightaway tell me the problem and time it will take to resolved. However, how the line man or the DSL sorts out the problem or not is a different matter and I have a way of dealing with em too without paying em anything involving any body else. Just pretend you know better then them and will not take ‘NO’ for an answer :D

So IMO, PTCL is not bad at all as per common perception. At least I don’t have to notify PTCL after paying the bill.

EDIT: Oh the 300GB cap is really not in effect …

PTCL Billing System Online is now days some problem too. If you pay the bill before the date they send it again on Printed too.LOL

great discussion in here about the bill payments

I don’t know much about this but I don’t think so Meezan bank rejected it. Btw I am paying me bills at qesco online bill.