No Internet Light on Modem ZXDSL 831CII - please help

It's been like almost 20 days, I have been complaining daily regarding the issue with my DSL but there is no response for PTCL end. DSL light of my modem is stable but internet light never comes up..same old response on 1218 ..first i ve to hold for 15-20 min then after telling the CSR about my problem he/she forwards my call to technical support staff, then i have to once again hold for 10-15 min and then from the start explain everything. After that they make me setup my modem but being unsuccessful at this they say "SIR WE ARE FORWARDING YOUR COMPLAINT FOR PORT REFRESH"[rooz rroz ka yehi tamasha lagaya huwa hai:@@@]

i m fedup with this BS Service

i need ur help ...plz if anyone has any contact numbers of higher authorities or email addresses, plz give it to me

JazakAllah

try resetting your modem to default and then configure it again....

or try connecting through bridge mode! atleast get to know your error code..>!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

try resetting your modem to default and then configure it again…
[/quote]

tried a lot of time :expressionless:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

or try connecting through bridge mode! atleast get to know your error code…>!
[/quote]

What is the bridge mode ?? actually asking hw does it works ? and hw it is different from PPP mode ?

in WAN setting set bridge mode instead of PPPoE

next, next, next then save and restart

now in windows XP > network connection:

in File Menu New connection > connect to the internet > setup connection manually > Connect using a broadband connection that requires username and password > ISP NAME (optional) > your user name and password of broadband > and finish

now Connect ! :-)

in Win 7 same like Xp just names or templates r different

or simply watch this video from after 19 seconds

Maybe ur modem settings are mis configured which will set from exchange end, listen this time don't behave nicely with operator and say my line must fix in 24 hours its better if you will say these words to supervisor.

Your city?

finally i went to xchnge with my modem and told them that either fix it now or here is the equipment and dc my dsl..

they fixed it :)

i m from karachi