NO Credit Card Acceptance on Petrol Pumps :@

Well This is quite shocking when today i visited 3-4 petrol Pumps for My Bike , and i was out of cash and normally i use CC for Petrol Refiling and when i went to these petrol Pumps , i was just shocked when i saw this statement written on each Petrol Pump

" Credit Card Machine is out of Order"

i was surprised that what a damn thing happen to that every Credit card machine is out of order on every petrol pump, i just asked the person there, what is the issue that on each petrol pump i saw C.C machine not working.

so the guy said " that no more commission they are getting on C.C machines that's why they have stopped accepting C.Cs"

now what the heck is this :@ at last i was on reserve i have to get back home and took cash and then i refilled petrol.

^ DJNOMI

It was expected. Market is in pressure. Yesterday, on front page, Dawn ran full article that foriegn investors are taking away their money. $30M gone in a month, approx $200 will be gone in next few months. Banks are in trouble too. On the outside banks are maintaining their image but inside it's not that good.

Overall picture of economy is shaky. Well, most of us already know it.

That's why banks are not only increasing interest rates but also reducing profit given to customers. They are also cutting profits given on CC transactions to sellers.

Happens when things starts to go down the drain. And nobody (that has power) is interested to stop it. :(

I am also in Lahore, I only can use CC on very limited filling stations. more of them have pasted the similar note as you saw. and even I am facing it for more then a week.

DJNOMI, in which area have been in mostly.

I usually visit stations in Gulberg and around but only PSO near Liberty and Hussain Chowk never rejected to accept cards. and last time I was able to charge from Card on Shadman CNG.

but I am facing this trouble for more than a week

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am also in Lahore, I only can use CC on very limited filling stations. more of them have pasted the similar note as you saw. and even I am facing it for more then a week.

DJNOMI, in which area have been in mostly.

I usually visit stations in Gulberg and around but only PSO near Liberty and Hussain Chowk never rejected to accept cards. and last time I was able to charge from Card on Shadman CNG.

but I am facing this trouble for more than a week

[/quote]

well in Iqbal Town area , TOTAL and CALTEX @ Bhaky-e-wall Mor , and Shell @ Wahdat Road , all three war accepting cards last time but this time i have to face this :(

All Petrol Pumps in Defence specially caltex "Ghazi road" is accepting cc :)

All Petrol Pumps in Defence specially caltex “Ghazi road” is accepting cc :)
[/quote]

now i should burn my 1 liter petrol to come to ghazi Rd … lol :(

now i should burn my 1 liter petrol to come to ghazi Rd … lol :(

[/quote]

no use cash :P

no use cash :P

[/quote]

Yeah i already did this thanks to SBP ( State bank of Pakistan ) for giving us Cash Facility … lolz :D

most of the pumps in clifton are accepting cc's

Shells' Pump on link road model town is also taking credit cards.

might be this was temporary , lets see