Nimbuzz (Voice Chat)

Salam All, i wanted to ask if the internet provided by our mobile networks is sufficient to use the software Nimbuzz in which we can use the internet to make voice calls from all around the world. Or should i buy a wifi handset and share my 4mb internet speed with my mobile?

GPRS service provided by our mobile operators wont give u smooth call experience. it would be better u buy a wifi enabled phone and use wireless router to connect with your mobile. Incase you dont wanto do that, you can use EDGE service but it will be quite expensive.

being expensive might be the primary issue...so better get a WiFi enabled handset.

well expensiveness is not the issue guys, So whats the difference between EDGE and GPRS, do all network service providers in Pakistan offer EDGE, and like what would be the cost difference between EDGE and GPRS?

Gprs is the worst and edge is better and then comes 3g and these are not networks these are technologies for data transfer

most major cities covered with EGPRS roughly you can browse Internet and check your emails but video streaming and voip can only be possible with 3G which is not available on any of Pakistany mobile networks

[quote=“Ozmayne, post:4, topic:15597”]

well expensiveness is not the issue guys, So whats the difference between EDGE and GPRS, do all network service providers in Pakistan offer EDGE, and like what would be the cost difference between EDGE and GPRS?

[/quote]

By GSM specifications, Edge is 384 Kbps and is 3 times faster than GPRS. But the real problem is that even in the same city, you will find Edge in posh areas and GPRS in other area.

So... how to enable EDGE ?

You first need to select a particular package (unlimited or bucket) and ask your service provider to enable this package on your SIM.

Rest is handset dependent.

K, Thanks all, i just figured it out...

[quote=“Ozmayne, post:, topic:”]

Salam All, i wanted to ask if the internet provided by our mobile networks is sufficient to use the software Nimbuzz in which we can use the internet to make voice calls from all around the world. Or should i buy a wifi handset and share my 4mb internet speed with my mobile?

[/quote]

Forget the voice mate it isn’t possible until 3G.

As for data I am using telenor’s edge browsing is surmounted by lag but apps such as, viber, whatsapp, nimbuzz works fine for TEXTING ONLY.

Nothing is as they advertise and no can advise you which would work best because it also depends on signal strength! fair thing to do is grab a package and evaluate yourself.

thx Bonhomie..